**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should the weakness debuff be affecting damage over time debuffs?

I was going through Act 5.3 and decided to bring in Damage over time characters because I didn’t think their damage over time debuffs would be affected by weakness. Turns out it does even though when you pause the game all it says is that Weakness: ‘Decreases Attack rating’
Sure if the damage over time said it does for example 2% of let’s say Hyperion’s attack rating I’d understand but Hyperion’s damage over time is at a fixed amount! Is this a bug???

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Damage over time abilities are based off champions attack rating. The higher the attack, the more damage the ability will deal
  • Options
    Naim54321Naim54321 Posts: 124

Damage over time abilities are based off champions attack rating. The higher the attack, the more damage the ability will deal

Yes, but let’s say my Wolverine X-23 does 1440.95 bleed damage over 5 seconds. No where in her stats does it say this can be affected in any way, shape or form. It’s a fixed number, how do you know it depends on the champion’s attack rating? I don’t understand why weakness would affect the bleed.

• Options
    TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Naim54321 said:

Yes, but let’s say my Wolverine X-23 does 1440.95 bleed damage over 5 seconds. No where in her stats does it say this can be affected in any way, shape or form. It’s a fixed number, how do you know it depends on the champion’s attack rating? I don’t understand why weakness would affect the bleed.

Your attack always affects dot. Test out your hype with sp1 then do heavy gain fury and sp1 again it will tick for higher amount
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Naim54321 said:

DoT effects were always based on a champion attack rating. If you do the math, you can find that value.
    Champion Spotlights will help you better since you won't have modified numbers due to masteries there.

Before we used to have the damage shown as a % value, but was later changed to be shown as flat values
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    It has always been like this
    If it were a flat rating there would be no point in leveling up champs
    It’s basically still a % of your attack
    It use to be stated as a % but then they changed it to open up the door for devs to create more complex scenarios
    Some kinds of damage don’t scale at all boosted
  • Options
    Naim54321Naim54321 Posts: 124
    TwmR said:

Naim54321 said:

Your attack always affects dot. Test out your hype with sp1 then do heavy gain fury and sp1 again it will tick for higher amount
    Oh ok, I understand

• Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited April 2020
    You guys are all wrong. This topic is very nuanced....

Saying all DoT is tied to attack is very wrong. For example, if you are suicides, it should increase DoT effects since it increases your base attack. It does not in all cases. Direct DoT does not scale with base damage.

some DoT effects can be boosted, and from
    what I have tested it is the only the ones that don’t say direct damage. E.g. hypes sp1 damage is energy damage and can scale; whereas, gwenpools bleed does direct damage and does not scale.

Therefore, direct damage should not be reduced by weakness whereas the other types can be.
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    edited April 2020
    Drummer16 said:

You guys are all wrong. This topic is very nuanced....

Saying all DoT is tied to attack is very wrong. For example, if you are suicides, it should increase DoT effects since it increases your base attack. It does not in all cases. Direct DoT does not scale with base damage.

some DoT effects can be boosted, and from
    what I have tested it is the only the ones that don’t say direct damage. E.g. hypes sp1 damage is energy damage and can scale; whereas, gwenpools bleed does direct damage and does not scale.

Therefore, direct damage should not be reduced by weakness whereas the other types can be.

In that case blades bleeds don’t increase 🤦‍♂️
    This is very wrong
    Some might not increase but not because it says direct damage
    Direct damage is a form of damage that comes from secondary means like physical damage and energy damage
    All bleeds are a form of direct damage and so is poison yet they still increase With base attack Inless specified
    I checked your GP knowledge and it is wrong
    I used my 1/10 4*
    She did 37 per tick
    Then I slappped a 10% boost
    Guess what it scaled up by 10% to 39
    Both used same team at 100% health
    Btw that would make the courage mastery almost useless in these situations too
    Additionally voids damage from debuffs is also direct damage!! And it scales up too!! But they are not DOT so whatever
    Please give more examples since you only showed one I can give you a multitude of examples where DOT debuffs is affected by attack rating
    Edit take any chamo to 5.3 and tell me what happens