**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do the vastly superior graphics of newer champs slow the game down?

It seems like when fighting many of the champs released in the last year, the fight is very choppy. I just fought Vision Aarkus and realized the screen always seems to lag just a bit when fighting him. I have noticed this against other newer champs but haven't done any sort of testing to see which champs specifically and if it happens 100% when fighting them.

I know Kabam seems really impressed with how much detail the champs have now compared to years past but I would much rather have the champs have the same level of detail as sub-2019 champs if it meant no issues with choppiness. I'm just guessing that it's graphics related but I suppose it could also be due in part to the 6 paragraph's worth of abilities newer champions seem to have.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    HedronHedron Posts: 359
    Yup those heavy weight graphics moving round the character lags alot
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Anecdotal experience, but yes—it does seem to slow things down for me. I would add that heavily noded champs (bosses, advanced content) when coupled with graphically complex move sets seems to compound the problem even more.

And I’m not running the game on a Palm Pilot.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ms_5707983ms_5707983 Posts: 93
    It's known Contest wide. Someone suggested adding a feature you can use to turn off the additional graphics and animations for certain characters. It's a brilliant idea and one I would love. I've got Vision Aark and think he's a banger of a champ, but his animations slow him down to the point of him getting his ass kicked for a brief period every time I use him. Hopefully Kabam gives it some consideration.