**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Removal of Parry with Autoblock

This is, to me, one of the most absolutely anoying things I have ever come across in this game. I was just in a fight with a Iron Man Infinity War (his sig was unlocked) who has the ability to auto block. However... every time Iron Man auto blocked, he also parried. And if u didnt know, Iron Man Infinity War auto blocks A TON OF TIMES. I basically had no chance. I got maybe 1 for every 10 hits! Please fix this, the auto block is already broken enough!

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

This is, to me, one of the most absolutely anoying things I have ever come across in this game. I was just in a fight with a Iron Man Infinity War (his sig was unlocked) who has the ability to auto block. However... every time Iron Man auto blocked, he also parried. And if u didnt know, Iron Man Infinity War auto blocks A TON OF TIMES. I basically had no chance. I got maybe 1 for every 10 hits! Please fix this, the auto block is already broken enough!

When IMIW was first released, he was the bane of the existence of many players. It took a little time, but now his base kit is not terrible to play around.

You need to keep an eye on his armors. For most of the fight, if he has 4 or more armor passives, you run a chance of getting auto-blocked/parried. If you see this, you can:
    A) Back away and let the armor fall off
    B ) Re-parry him by blocking the first hit and parrying the second, which will stun him, at which point he's open to heavies
    C) Hold block to bait his heavy. Evade the heavy and punish with your own.

You lose option B if he's stun immune, but outside of that the strategies listed are usable by basically any champ. Additionally, there are a few champs that excel at taking down IMIW. Void is a favorite of mine...especially since IMIW is an Avenger and I can start with Fear of the Void with a synergy. Besides Void, any armor break champ does very well against IMIW. Medusa, Thor, Corvus, Vision Aarkus...all excellent counters, though they aren't necessary to beat him.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Bring someone with true strike or heavy counter him
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

It sucks, especially when playing corvus in AW, but unfortunately it will not be removed.

What do you mean it sucks when playing Corvus in AW? He's like the best possible counter.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    or perhaps learn how to heavy intercept him? if you dont know what it is it means to intercept his heavy with your own heavy.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

Imiw is really really really really easy. You just need to adjust your playstyle then he's an absolute joke of a defender.

Unless it's the Arena, with his Abilities and the AI, it makes for a tricky and drug-out Fight for long Grinds. Lol.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    if you played in AW when modok first came out, you learned how to handle this lol
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    It really isint too bad bring a True Strike, Armour break champ or learn to heavy counter
  • Options
    Hlpr35Hlpr35 Posts: 119

İm absolutely agree with you while we hit on autoblock they already have ability to step back and hit but trigger parry is nonsense use to be this game was about skill but can anyone tell me if you don't have any truestrike hero how can you counter to that if anyone think other way i cant see a reason but they have benefit from it
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Hlpr35 said:

İm absolutely agree with you while we hit on autoblock they already have ability to step back and hit but trigger parry is nonsense use to be this game was about skill but can anyone tell me if you don't have any truestrike hero how can you counter to that if anyone think other way i cant see a reason but they have benefit from it
    My favorite way to handle him (and i admit, it is not foolproof and causes its own issues) is to bait heavy, and heavy him inbetween his hits.
  • Options
    Hlpr35Hlpr35 Posts: 119
    Primmer79 said:

Hlpr35 said:

My favorite way to handle him (and i admit, it is not foolproof and causes its own issues) is to bait heavy, and heavy him inbetween his hits.
    Yeah there is some ways of course but i think its an op ability and must be completely removed or nerfed at least, i remember sw and dr strange nerfed because of nothing and sw still don't added as 5 star, and im looking now the autoblock with parry ability its nonsense
  • Options
    OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Haha you don’t want to develop skills so you go on the forums and rant and complain
  • Options
    NikhilNikhil Posts: 101
    You seem like a fresh player.. but the truth is, this game at the current stage demand great balance of skill and right champion for a matchup.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Hlpr35 said:

Primmer79 said:

Hlpr35 said:

Yeah there is some ways of course but i think its an op ability and must be completely removed or nerfed at least, i remember sw and dr strange nerfed because of nothing and sw still don't added as 5 star, and im looking now the autoblock with parry ability its nonsense
    He's really not that hard to fight. Just practise more. =)
  • Options
    Artic_ToweryArtic_Towery Posts: 44

When IMIW was first released, he was the bane of the existence of many players. It took a little time, but now his base kit is not terrible to play around.

You need to keep an eye on his armors. For most of the fight, if he has 4 or more armor passives, you run a chance of getting auto-blocked/parried. If you see this, you can:
    B ) Re-parry him by blocking the first hit and parrying the second, which will stun him, at which point he's open to heavies

You lose option B if he's stun immune, but outside of that the strategies listed are usable by basically any champ. Additionally, there are a few champs that excel at taking down IMIW. Void is a favorite of mine...especially since IMIW is an Avenger and I can start with Fear of the Void with a synergy. Besides Void, any armor break champ does very well against IMIW. Medusa, Thor, Corvus, Vision Aarkus...all excellent counters, though they aren't necessary to beat him.

Thank you so much for this