**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stealth spidey vs Champion 6.2.6

Hi all. Yesterday I was going through the 6.2.6 champion boss for exploration using mainly stealth spidey. I noticed that even when I applied the slow debuff on the champion he would sometimes still gain an unstoppable buff. This was fine in phase 1 as I could just intercept him and all was good but in phase 2 where you get stunned if you hit him while unstoppable it was a real struggle when the unstoppable buff came up even when I had placed a slow debuff on him. Watching other runs on YouTube like Lagacy’s I noticed he never gained the unstoppable buff at all while he had slow on him. I’m wondering if I’ve missed something? Or if there’s some interaction I’ve not taken into account? Or if I’m just doing it wrong. All help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
    I noticed the same thing but realized that only happens sometimes and the slow debuff neutralizes the effect of the unstoppable even though the buff is showing is there it's not actually making him unstoppable
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Creeseaz said:

I noticed the same thing but realized that only happens sometimes and the slow debuff neutralizes the effect of the unstoppable even though the buff is showing is there it's not actually making him unstoppable

The same was happening here, but the main problem for me with this came in the second phase. Technically since he was still gaining the unstoppable buff I would be stunned and obviously that would be the end of that run lol
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Duff12475 said:

I'm curious as well as I'm actually working on the skill path in 6.2.6 also. Yesterday I did the path in 6.3.1 where you can use the special boost for science champs to apply a slow debuff if you have the passive degen on you (path 2). I noticed that if you have the slow BEFORE the throw their special and get the unstoppable, it doesn't appear. But if you apply the slow while they have unstoppable, it acts like cap IW where you hit them to remove it.

Who did you use for the path in 6.2? I got blade, aegon, and fury at r5 and stealth spidy at r4. Then ghost r5 to help with these aboms and icemans as I'm taking 3 loops (first loop on right, skill gate, and do you bleed). That way i can just run the 6* gate alone (not a good 6* roster for this chapter: Corvus, domino, morningstar, masacre, gulk, emma, arkhus)

Hmmmm interesting, I’m going back in today for a test run and I’ll see what happens when I apply it before he goes unstoppable. As for my team, I took the skill path and was using Aegon, Fury, Stealth, Electra (don’t have blade and such) then I brought CAPIW for the last 10%. I wish I noticed one of the paths was so you bleed when running it yesterday, I left it and now have an extra path to do lol
  • RoxtaarRoxtaar Posts: 29
    U guyz doing skill
    Path thats why he is not getting slowed sometimes
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    it’s almost as if people answer their own question as soon as they explain the very specific situation. I wonder how many more times people are going to have to explain

Slow does not, I repeat does not guarantee unstoppable and evade effects from working
    It reduces AA of those effects by 100%
    If you took the skill path then guess what there is a linked for a 20% boost for their abilities
    This means unstoppable has now a 120% chance to trigger
    But it seems that unstoppable has two parts the actual buff/passive icon triggering then the actual unstoppable part like magik and her limbo
    If he goes unstoppable then the chances that he bypassed the slow entirely is 4%
  • So its been a year since I see anyone comment on this topic. I've watched countless Stealth Suit Spidey videos take on the champion with ease. Except the difference is the videos I watch are about a year old. I understand that this specific Champion boss got a patch, but judging on the previous comments that were also about a year ago, I assume that the fix had nothing to do with this topic. Im going up against the 6.2.6 Champion boss for the first time around. Noticed the exact same problem as others have mentioned. Not only does the Champions unstoppable make the second phase (below 70% health) very difficult, but as well anytime the Champion is able to activate an unstoppable buff he is able to regenerate health. Having this issue with Stealth Suit Spidey has become a roadblock for my progression and has made this part in the contest unenjoyable. If someone at Kabam could please explain if this is a normal or visual bug or if I am just interpreting something wrong about the nodes/abilities that would really appreciated!! I do have videos comparing my attempts to old ones if needed for proof.
    @Kabam Miike
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Youtube videos showcasing takedowns especially on this fight in particular are misleading. Just read the abilities.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

So its been a year since I see anyone comment on this topic. I've watched countless Stealth Suit Spidey videos take on the champion with ease. Except the difference is the videos I watch are about a year old. I understand that this specific Champion boss got a patch, but judging on the previous comments that were also about a year ago, I assume that the fix had nothing to do with this topic. Im going up against the 6.2.6 Champion boss for the first time around. Noticed the exact same problem as others have mentioned. Not only does the Champions unstoppable make the second phase (below 70% health) very difficult, but as well anytime the Champion is able to activate an unstoppable buff he is able to regenerate health. Having this issue with Stealth Suit Spidey has become a roadblock for my progression and has made this part in the contest unenjoyable. If someone at Kabam could please explain if this is a normal or visual bug or if I am just interpreting something wrong about the nodes/abilities that would really appreciated!! I do have videos comparing my attempts to old ones if needed for proof.
    @Kabam Miike

6.2 Champion has increased ability accuracy.
    That’s why he can still trigger unstoppable while slowed.

• @Greekhit
    Could u explain why I can still hit him tho. Like I have the slow debuff on him. He activates the unstoppable, except I can still hit into him as per usual.
    Thanks!