Gamepad

1j8ao6ngkj6j.jpg
I purchased my gamepad especially for my phone because it actually showed them playing mcoc. Any chance on kabam responding to wether or not I can use it in gameplay?

Comments

• R4GER4GE Member Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I wasn't aware the game was even compatible with any game pads.
  • Killerz21Killerz21 Member Posts: 10
    That's what sold me on it. It even displays it on the box
    Does it require third party software to use? After seeing the thread I searched for some and wouldn't mind having one to use while I grind arenas to prevent the sore thumb action lol. Hoping to see a mod comment on this or someone with some insightful knowledge on it
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Member Posts: 477 ★★
    edited August 2017
    I almost sure that you will also have root access and some kind of app to enable it all.. but not sure since I don't have that device.. I'm curious too because I have a gamesir gamepad and I'd love to use it too but I need root access to configure the bluetooth thing and I won't obtain them for sure (this will invalidate the guarantee)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    You would have to get official word, but as far as I know, as long as the software is not able to modify the game itself, it would be allowed. Not sure about compatability though. It could be that the game works on it, or it could be a picture they use to advertise it. You never know.
    Any idea on who exactly to contact on this? I've tried kabam from the drop down in game, pretty much no answer.
    Its possible a mod has already read it, sent it up higher for an answer and waiting for a response before answering. Who knows.
  • ARGONAUTZARGONAUTZ Member Posts: 12
    Yes i am curious about this as well.
  • JJ4302JJ4302 Member Posts: 47
    It should be ok as it's an official controller for a the Moto Z so I'd imagine MCOC would play as normal and it wouldn't be any different to just playing normally - just a guess tho
    JJ4302 wrote: »
    It should be ok as it's an official controller for a the Moto Z so I'd imagine MCOC would play as normal and it wouldn't be any different to just playing normally - just a guess tho

After looking into these I noticed some require 3rd party software. So I don't think Id jump the gun on using it until a word is put out
    edited August 2017
    This device won't let you have 6 star heroes nor anything unobtainable in an illegal way, it's just a different way to play the game.. I don't see anything bad in this, and I assume the pad has it's own way to connect to the phone, hopefully not bluetooth way otherwise you know you have to use something to map the swipe actions to the physical buttons and that is obtainable only with root access and other things.. don't know if the game can be played with root access so..

maybe OP can tell us how does the gamepad work actually.
    In the photo it has been shown that it's used specifically for this game.. so I assume it doesn't need any app that requires root to be used with, but only the one that connects the pad with the phone, and in that case I personally wouldn't have any problems in using it..
    It actually connects straight to the phone through the Moto mod connection on the back. No Bluetooth or NFC required. It even has its own internal battery. Already has many games and game companies on board. It shouldn't require 3rd party since it is made specifically for the Moto brand. Doesn't require root to work either. I just wish kabam would check into it. If anyone has a connection to the game team please pass along.
    Killerz21 wrote: »
    It actually connects straight to the phone through the Moto mod connection on the back. No Bluetooth or NFC required. It even has its own internal battery. Already has many games and game companies on board. It shouldn't require 3rd party since it is made specifically for the Moto brand. Doesn't require root to work either. I just wish kabam would check into it. If anyone has a connection to the game team please pass along.

but so it's usable without any problem with marvel coc? fully compatible? this is a great news!
  • CpcMoGWaiCpcMoGWai Member Posts: 4
    No.. game is created for phone screen fingers.....buy it and u will be banned lol
    CpcMoGWai wrote: »
    No.. game is created for phone screen fingers.....buy it and u will be banned lol

You're just jealous lol

however I think they should add native the chance to play this game with a gamepad, it could lead to new opportunities
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Member Posts: 829 ★★
    edited September 2017
    It's playable, didn't need any software just the app of the gamepad where u can find the mcoc game and can play with the pad , it's not an awesome experience and considering bugs and issues it's not advisable to use any pad , the game might not respond to ur commands as they use too respond without pad.
  • The_OneThe_One Member Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I wouldn't buy it, Iron Man is getting smashed by Hawkeye
    The_One wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy it, Iron Man is getting smashed by Hawkeye
    Good eye! To hell with this game pad! LOL
  • KpatrixKpatrix Member Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    You can use the controller with the Nvidia shield k1 so I don't see why not. They've never said using controllers were against tos. I have one but prefer to play normally swiping screen
    Hey Hawkeye is a bad son gun if utilized
    Plus the gamepad would help me enormously, I've got massive fat fingers and I loose the champs when I play because of it.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,228 ★★★★
    Plus the gamepad would help me enormously, I've got massive fat fingers and I loose the champs when I play because of it.

I used to have this problem. Then I bought a USB-C to HDMI connector. BAM! MCOC is now on the 60". My Xbox One has been collecting dust ever since. Lol!
  • J_SlapJ_Slap Member Posts: 67
    If u go on kabams website, one of the backgrounds is a couple people holding what looks like PlayStation controllers and they are playing something. This makes me think they are either playing non mcoc games on the clock instead of working or somehow using those controllers to their advantage in this game. Or maybe it's a future plan?! Prob not..
  • mdsubmdsub Member Posts: 180
    edited October 2017
    I wish one of the mods like @Kabam Miike would respond. I have a pinched nerve in my elbow & have lost strength and dexterity in my left hand. I think this may allow me to play at the level I used to but I don't want to spend the money only to get banned.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    KDoggg2017 wrote: »

I used to have this problem. Then I bought a USB-C to HDMI connector. BAM! MCOC is now on the 60". My Xbox One has been collecting dust ever since. Lol!

Chromecast will do the same, but you need a decent Internet Speed. Otherwise it lags pretty badly. Apple can project as well.
  • mdsubmdsub Member Posts: 180
    @Killerz21 have you used the moto mod gamepad on MCOC? If so how well does it work?