**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

In a bit of a pickle....

I was all set to make Hype my next rank 5, stuck some sig stones into him and everything. However, lately been using Venom a bit more and I enjoy using him more. I could take him to rank 5 too. I know Hyp has so much damage potential but Venom has so much utility. Who should I take up?

In a bit of a pickle.... 31 votes

Hyperion
61%
AjisdopeSpiderCoolsHammerbro_64Thecrusher_9756DeQueueMarkg25TheSquish671DrBrad2008Mother_FlerkenUmbertoDelRioFreeToPlay_21DynastyThicco_ModeBerjibsTP33StellanJtheGoatJABBA_2Mathgeek 19 votes
Venom
38%
TendersquadRookiieLpirnie5321EtjamaFabwizilowlevelplayerFeroX_the_fat_heringRagtime_1Charlie21540Rasputinscurse1182512PandaRhythm 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Venom
    Venom. The reason: Because you enjoy using him more.
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Hyperion
    Don’t know, run them both side by side in a quest together and see who you use most/who can do the most content, that’s how I usually resolve this sort of issue
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    depends on your roster and your needs.

Venom is very good vs spiderverse champs .. most of which have evasion .. do you have a good evasion counter already ?
    If so, you may not need Venom there.

Hyperion is good damage .. do you already have a good damage champ? (ie Domino, Ghost, Havok, Omega Red .. etc?)
    If so, you may not need Hyperion too much.

Ultimately it comes down to what your roster needs .. (and somewhat, I agree with Etjama . if you enjoy playing with a champ ... go for it!) ;)
  • Options
    GraewoodGraewood Posts: 59
    Love venom, he was my first r4 5 star.

I now have Hyp at rank 5 and venom is still at rank 4.

When venom is the top choice (against any spider verse champs, and not a bad havok counter) he can do what he needs to at rank4.

PLUS, you dont wanna rank 5 venom then pull a 6 star version.
    You cant pull a 6 star Hyp!
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Hyperion
    Hyperion has so many more uses.

Much, much more damage than venom.

Can stop healing with despair.

Poison immune.

Regen not dependent on opponent buffs.

Can win fights easily without contact and that I think makes him incredibly valuable the harder content. Just learn to special intercept. For eg he makes light work of that horrible science adaptoid in v2.

I’d disagree venom has more utility but I do love playing with him as well, especially vs rage or resistor nodes. Was really pleased to get a r4 cosmic gem from variant the other day which I’d been holding out for with him at r3.

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Venom
    if you like venom, rank him up. Simple as that. It's a game, not a full-time job. Venom is a great champ. Maybe not as amazing as hype, but still very solid
  • Options
    JABBA_2JABBA_2 Posts: 99
    Hyperion
    Venom's bleed is very useful but runs out quickly. Hyperion's incinerate is very powerful and due to his power gain you can stack it throughout a fight. However, Venom has better health and has a very fast heavy. Really split here, but I'd go with Hyperion - I have both at R4 and I prefer to use Hyperion.
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Hyperion
    Get them both up eventually. First, I'd say go with Venom since you enjoy him more (voted wrong, sorry), then take up Hyperion to win the game.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Venom
    Venom I'd say, I love mine and has lots of advantages, like already said hes great for spiderverse fights cause they can't evade, unblockable special attacks when the opponent is at 18% health or lower, you can heal him up by eating the opponents buffs, and if you run deep wounds in your mastery those stacked bleeds become very very effective
  • Options
    11825121182512 Posts: 126
    Venom
    Venom. He's so badass now.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    Even tho Venom is good, Hyperion is just the more versatile champion.

Venom has anti Spiderman, solid DoT (but many bleed immunes are in the game), a quick kill mechanic at 18%,
    solid damage, havok counter, and regen with buff steal. Also armor break on heavy.

Hype has good combos to deal with evasion (like the end lag isn't bad enough that you can't react in time) He has constant power gain that allows him to throw specials very rapidly, and his L1 incinerates for a good bit of damage, and there aren't many incinerate immunes in game rn. It also only makes contact on one hit, making him a prime electro/thorns counter (especially when coupled with power gain). L1 is also safe on block most times if you don't throw it in time, or are playing with an invade node. L2 always armor breaks and has a solid chance to stun, allowing you to get another heavy and 5hit combo in before another L2. Damage is very very good. building to an L3 first gives you 3 charges that are slightly weaker furies and give him increased durability, on top of endless power gain to make chaining L2's easier. He also has a solid regen that will keep you in a quest for days.

Let's talk bad matchups. Both champs are very buff heavy, so that can be a problem. Hyperion doesn't really do well with stun immune or unblockable, which makes it harder to do heavies, so you would need to find ways to heavy punish or just keep your cosmic charges to get good damage. Venom is seriously gimped by bleed immunes. Not as bad as like, GP, but enough to where damage is considerably less. It also isn't great when the enemy doesn't have any buffs to heal off of. Both champs also suck against buffet.

Besides spidermen, havok, and buff heavy matchups, Hyperion does everything venom does, arguably better, and then some.

Obviously both are great and neither would let you down for sure, but Hype takes the cake. He won't let you down.
  • Options
    RasputinscurseRasputinscurse Posts: 95
    Venom
    I have the exact dilemma right now so weird and to complicate things I just pulled 5* ghost.

I’ve been planning to r5 venom for so long and I haven’t awakened Hype yet so I’m gonna stick to the plan and also because venom is sooo fun to use