**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Evades seem off or ai is lunging forward more than ever

Im finding last few days that evading specials and heavys i’ve always done very easily im getting clipped, and i asked other members in ally they are finding it abit also that oponants are either lunging twice the distance or evading backwards distance has been shortened by alot.
Anyone else getting it lately?

Comments

• slayer6slayer6 Posts: 377 ★★
    Yer i got wacked today by a groot heavy came half way across screen lol i was like wow i may need to upgrade my groot that reach
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 171 ★★
    The lunges do seem further at random. I had an agent venom that flew across the screen twice the length of his usual heavy. Should be consistent
  • Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    Yap getting cracks because of it
    The AI has definitely change, doesn’t seem like lag too me
    Can’t record all gameplay but hopefully someone can fill in
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

@Kabam Vydious if we send videos or tickets in we just get more stuff to fill in then nothing happens anyway lol anyone who plays or tests would know these issues, i’m not recording every fight i have and filling my phone even more with mcoc, phone will be full in days

You could always delete the videos after you record and report them. If your saying it's too much work to do that then the problem must not be that important to warrant fixing.
    @GroundedWisdom yer its only sometimes in certain match ups its like that pause when the computer attacks to throw ya parrys out of timing
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★

Im finding last few days that evading specials and heavys i’ve always done very easily im getting clipped, and i asked other members in ally they are finding it abit also that oponants are either lunging twice the distance or evading backwards distance has been shortened by alot.

I've noticed this as well
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom yer its only sometimes in certain match ups its like that pause when the computer attacks to throw ya parrys out of timing

I'm getting it consistently. Samsung Galaxy S10e. Lots of RAM and Processor Speed.
  • ms_5707983ms_5707983 Posts: 93
    The AI is, always has been and always will be effed. I've seen this exact issue with evade all week, heavies launching from Jupiter and landing, attack combos interrupted with Sp 1 when I can not do the same, attempts to block not registering, all the choice moments that make this game as loveable as it is. Thankfully I've been stocking units so Units Man can give AI Man the arse booting that is so thoroughly deserved.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    The AI is has an issue for a while now, but let these kabam --- kissers tell it, it's normal behavior.

AI dash forward, throw a medium, and dash back before you can hit them with a medium dash. The player does the same sequence and gets combo'd into oblivion.

The AI flying way across the screen when throwing a heavy or special. (i.e. iron man: Infinity war)

The AI activating special attacks, while you're hitting into their block.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

The AI is has an issue for a while now, but let these kabam --- kissers tell it, it's normal behavior.

AI dash forward, throw a medium, and dash back before you can hit them with a medium dash. The player does the same sequence and gets combo'd into oblivion.

The AI flying way across the screen when throwing a heavy or special. (i.e. iron man: Infinity war)

The AI activating special attacks, while you're hitting into their block.

What are you even talking about? I don't remember seeing a single post on this thread about anyone saying it's normal behavior and kissing kabams --- as you say.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I for one think its impossible to parry doombots first light attack when they are standing close to you through visuals alone cause i feel there is literally zero frames between the standby state and when the doombot actually connects the first light attack, i usually have to block in advance to get a successful parry.
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Yeah I have been experiencing this a lot recently
    @Championcritic those doombots stall hard to they charge fast then pause before hitting parrying them is crazy definetely massive ai boost for the pockets of kabam in aq
  • LiquidTacticsLiquidTactics Posts: 10

This is kind of what I was eluding to in saying AQ seems off in my post.They seem to be stopping me mid combo and evading everything. Juggernaut shouldn't move like Spider-Man.
    edited April 2020
    @Sakic19 i agree the please send in the videos photos is just to make it sound like they care and will fix the issue, content gets tested and i’m sure these issues are known but its just fill in the bug/crash form and send back then you just get ignored or told we are looking into issues on a Broad scale lol. Doom bots have biggest pauses when charging at us to wreck parry then either our evades or ai of the enemy is highly tricked up in higher up content Like act 6 and aw and aq.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Sakic19 said:

It's the AI. It darts across the screen, Blocks on a dime, Blocks in the middle of taking a Special, responds immediately sometimes, it's just jacked. No idea what the cause is, but the AI is amped.

I could not agree more! This has been happening for months, along with the AI being able to dash like Flash across the screen (and we can’t),. I will also bring up that lately I have noticed that it seems the masteries have a lot less affect than they used to. The AI does WAY more damage per hit than we do, even if we are significantly stronger (higher PI) than them. It is as if the AI has a modified Safeguard node that we can not see. The AI seems to gain power much faster than before as well. Stopping me in mid combo as well, blocking in the middle of my special attacks, ALWAYS intercepting my heavies and just the way how AI champs do things they should not and do things our champs would never be allowed to do.
    Sending in videos, etc.. will do nothing. Kabam has ramped this game up to their advantage more than ever before And they know it. It is not lag or any issues like that. My entire alliance is fed up today with how the AI is acting. Why the AQ maps are “tweaked” based on the alliances prestige, PI??? If we want a harder map, we move to a higher map! Maps should be the same across the board, regardless of alliance PI, prestige etc.. Rewards are not increased for you increasing the difficulty based on this or what day it is in the AQ so it seems a bit unfair and uncalled for. After 4 years of playing, I have seen this game continue to go downhill. It is getting old and making quitting more of a possibility. Just fix the game, make it fair (but still challenging). I don’t think that is asking too much is it!?
    I do notice the fast rate they gain power
    I'm not sure if it's due to challenger rating tho
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    My issue lately, which I haven’t consistently had, but it’s happened enough that it’s noticeable, is when I’m trying to dodge back, it’s almost like I’m too slow (highly possible) but instead of registering as a dodge, I throw up a block and it ends up being a parry instead. I see this happen frequently against Hyperion, but I’ll see if I can record a fight the next time I face him to see if it happens to me.
  • Hey all,

Nothing has been changed with these factors, so if you're seeing issues, please report them as you would any bug! Give us the information on what device and OS version you're using, what Champion you were playing as, and which Champion you were fighting against.

If you happen to have a video of it occurring as well, that would be very helpful.