**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AQ Map 2- Hela Boss is a Clown Fiesta

My alliance is extremely casual, but we play map 2 all days, but lately it is beyond frustrating. My account has no problem against Hela because Mephisto turns everything off, but it is a major issue for the other two groups since no one else has a 5* rank 4 Mephisto. It has got even more difficult because personal space is now the easiest "master" buff to add, but Hela gets unstoppable with every fury activation. Our boss killers are getting absolutely wrecked because they also have to bring in science to take down Doctor Doom. CAIW should be a good option, but doesn't turn unstoppable off, neither does "Thing." She-Hulk seemed to sort of work, but most have either ranked down this champion or never ranked up in the first place. Lately, we have been seeing unstoppable literally proc every 1 second if not faster because of personal space. This rate of unstoppable has led to even Archangel not being a viable option. Quake seems to work decent, but then again usually your best option against Dr. Doom so losing health while have to continually block an unstoppable Hela is ridiculous. This has led to having to use bane as the buff just to get through the quests. This champion really needs to be toned down or at least let unstoppable counters work against the mini boss. We are consistently losing 5* rank 4's to this champion as we have a rather high prestige. Facing 21k+ hela's with 38k+ Dr. Doom is really pushing it for a Map 2 AQ quest. I can see maybe Map 5 and above, but it absolutely ridiculous for a Map 2 miniboss. I seen an old post touching on this, but this really needs to be address. Namor and Cull Obisidian are fine for the other mini bosses, but this Hela mini boss is ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    UvealfireUvealfire Posts: 14
    The modifiers are not a big problem as actually they are helping us now as we can bane the Hela down. This is ongoing frustration because this boss as unstoppable that cannot be turned off by any unstoppable counters. CAIW, Thing, She-Hulk or name any of the others This has been a problem for months, but just now made even worse because of a Dr. Doom main boss. I am not sure how Mephisto actually turns everything off, but only one I have found. This boss is very much so an over-powered map 2 boss it was just before if you lost every champion but one you could still beat Nameless, now your just toast against Dr. Doom as block damage alone will kill you if your below 10% health.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I kinda agree with this. I usually just try to burst through with corvus, but that has a 50/50 chance of working.
    Namor was so much easier
  • Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Lol, we switched from map 2 to 3, and it's actually easier now because the mini is proxima vs the Hela
    I agree, she's really annoying and you have to be on your guard
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    I usually do map 2 solo; and I agree that the map 3 mini boss (Proxima) is easier. The Doom boss isn't, though!

Hela isn't complicated, and you don't usually need a specific counter - I usually use Ghost Rider and Fate Seal her; even when I've got She-Hulk and Stealth Spidey with me; both of whom work as perfect counters to her Unstoppable.

However: the problem isn't Hela herself, it's the modifier that you've chosen to apply to the map. Why the **** are you choosing to put the Personal Space modifier against Hela with that node on her? Your post is like somebody saying they can't climb a mountain now that they've tied their shoe laces together. Just stop tying your laces together!

Sorry if that sounds unsympathetic; but my best advice is that you and the Alliance learn from this experience; and just don't choose Personal Space again, when Hela is on. Use a Heroic modifier and take a slight drop in points on day one. It'll barely matter by the end of day five anyway.

And also, maybe someone in your alliance ought to consider taking their She-Hulk back up...
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    It is unfortunate that you guys just happened to pair up the personal space global node with hela miniboss, its probably your first time facing this combination and i understand the frustration. However at the end of the day, this is not kabam's responsibility as it is you guy's fault for choosing to worst possible combination of global nodes to combine with hela miniboss. Just learn from this experience and in the future when choosing modifiers don't choose personal space when hela is the miniboss.

Side question: are you able to see who the minibosses for AQ are before you pick the modifiers? if you are unable to see the minibosses before picking the modifiers then i can empathise with the frustration of the OP since its not something that is in their control.
  • Options
    HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    Blade prevents fury and indestructible activation because she is a villain (need GR and maybe SS)

One SP2 and she go KO ;)
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

It is unfortunate that you guys just happened to pair up the personal space global node with hela miniboss, its probably your first time facing this combination and i understand the frustration. However at the end of the day, this is not kabam's responsibility as it is you guy's fault for choosing to worst possible combination of global nodes to combine with hela miniboss. Just learn from this experience and in the future when choosing modifiers don't choose personal space when hela is the miniboss.

Side question: are you able to see who the minibosses for AQ are before you pick the modifiers? if you are unable to see the minibosses before picking the modifiers then i can empathise with the frustration of the OP since its not something that is in their control.

The miniboss r the same for the whole cycle. You can't see them on day 1 before choosing modifiers but after the first day you should know who the mini is going to be. I'd suggest always choosing a modifier that works on all bosses on that first day and then u can plan accordingly.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Hela is harder in AQ than Act 5 because of the passive AI.
    Our alliance runs maps 2 to 4 for AQ and Hela is easily the hardest mini. Awakened Archangel has been my go to.
  • Options
    Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    A 3* duped max sig doom can destroy that hela 😂 continuous heavies until you have an sp3 and then just keep going
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    As a map 2 mini she’s ridiculous, she procs unstoppable with almost every heavy and even on mediums, and this is with explosive personality not personal space. you get less than 10 seconds of play time in a whole 3 minute fight because of this, she needs to be toned down
  • Options
    Das_gi said:

A 3* duped max sig doom can destroy that hela 😂 continuous heavies until you have an sp3 and then just keep going

I tried unduped doom 5/R3, I got the kill, but she took a lot of my health. The problem is that you can't keep stagger on consistently, and she is always launching heavy's and procing unstoppable. If you mess up once and she gets unstoppable, she is going to heavy 90% of the game and by then ur trapped in the wall.
  • Options
    UvealfireUvealfire Posts: 14
    Sort of reviving an older thread, but I found it rather humorous that the one thing I said helped us last time was the Bane buff option which has now been replaced. In either case after having our worst AQ showing in at least 2 years the last time Hela showed up, this time it was much smoother. The guys were a bit upset about last time and brought in much different champions. We have guys running human torch and double quake teams. Another one running a duped nick fury with quake and CAIW (duped). Been an extremely good run this time, so I guess it worked out for the best for the guys in AQ group 3 getting wrecked for a few days. Now it's back to easy game, easy life.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,635 Guardian

Neotwism said:

The miniboss r the same for the whole cycle. You can't see them on day 1 before choosing modifiers but after the first day you should know who the mini is going to be. I'd suggest always choosing a modifier that works on all bosses on that first day and then u can plan accordingly.

Actually not that old, and an incorrect assumption was left hanging...

Leaders/Officers can PREVIEW a Map and see who the weekly MiniBoss is BEFORE committing to any specific Maps or Modifiers, even for the first day. You’ve always been able to Preview before actually Starting your first AQ, and the addition of Modifiers didn’t change that.
  • Options

Doom steps on all Cosmic champion like an ant

We just faced hela miniboss again this AQ week. I thankfully brought doom, and it was an easy almost one shot(missed a parry)
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Neotwism said:

Leaders/Officers can PREVIEW a Map and see who the weekly MiniBoss is BEFORE committing to any specific Maps or Modifiers, even for the first day. You’ve always been able to Preview before actually Starting your first AQ, and the addition of Modifiers didn’t change that.
    How do you do that? I've been doing something wrong then all this time. Honest question.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    There aint many counters to unstoppable and the amount of times it procs means not a lot left for punching if you have to wait it out, eat blocked hits then lo and behold, another heavy.

Seems a bit much for map 2 IMO, map 3 is actually easier on the mini's

• Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,635 Guardian

Neotwism said:

How do you do that? I've been doing something wrong then all this time. Honest question.
    PREVIEW MAP, do that to see who the MINIBOSS is, before locking in your Map and Modifier and pressing Next.

Pic below is part-way into the week (when going to select next day), but Preview Button is there when setting up Day-1 as well.

• Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    We do map 2 as well with master mods. I never bring a counter to hela. I just accept the half life after the fight. It's not like any of the other fights are hard. I've gone through the whole map with corvus on minimal health since I'll die on purpose during item use. Those alliance pots collect dust until then.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    Why are you using master modifier for map 2? Do master modifier help you push to another milestone? If not, I would keep it at heroic. I am speaking from experience running map 2 with day 5 prestige at mid 12k.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Cant speak for the OP but I use master mods on map 3 because the bonus points end up almost as much as we earn for the map. We dont explore the whole map, just take the quickest route to doom.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Neotwism said:

PREVIEW MAP, do that to see who the MINIBOSS is, before locking in your Map and Modifier and pressing Next.

Pic below is part-way into the week (when going to select next day), but Preview Button is there when setting up Day-1 as well.

Thanks! Will help a lot!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It's map 2...