Champion Spotlight - Black Widow (Deadly Origin)
About Black Widow (Deadly Origin)
Recruited into the KGB at an early age and trained in the Red Room, Natasha Alianovna Romanoff developed into one of the world's greatest and most ruthless assassins. After drawing the attention of Nick Fury, she was recruited to join S.H.I.E.L.D. at Clint Barton's recommendation, even going on to become a founding member of The Avengers. Following the events of The Avengers Civil War, Romanoff is forced to confront the darkness of her past in the Red Room and the possibility of future generations of Black Widow assassins.
Black Widow (Deadly Origin)’s Mechanics
Black Widow is an assassin Champion who excels in Critical Hits, Shocks, Defensive Ability Accuracy reduction, and Evasion. Her Widow’s Insight ability triggers whenever her opponent leaves themselves open to an attack and allows her Basic and Special Attacks to strike with enhanced effectiveness. Her ability to Shock and reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy increase dramatically while Widow’s Insight is active, and also allow her to enhance her critical rating with each combo. Opponents also have to be aware of her subtle Sabotage Debuff, which deals bonus damage each time Black Widow (Deadly Origin) causes a Defensive Ability to fail.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||36530||3140||13660|
Character Class: Skill
Basic Abilities: Widow’s Insight, Shock, Precision, Evade, Sabotage, Cruelty
- High Sustained Damage
- By utilizing Widow’s Insight and Black Widow’s Shock Debuffs, players can consistently sustain high amounts of damage. This is possible only if the player consistently strikes the opponent while Widow’s Insight is active.
- Evading Misses
- Black Widow’s Evade ability is unique in that it is activated after she Misses an attack. This is a useful countermeasure against champions such as Invisible Woman and Guillotine 2099 as it allows her to Evade away from danger immediately after Missing a strike.
- Defensive Ability Counter - Sabotage
- This ability dramatically increases the damage Black Widow can dish out versus champions with Defensive Abilities such as Thing’s Rock Stacks and Hulk’s Fury Buff.
- Shock Immune Champions
- A large portion of Black Widow’s damage comes from Shock Damage, and any champions that are Immune to Shock will shut down a large portion of her damage.
- True Strike and True Accuracy
- Black Widow is not able to rely on her Evade if her Opponent has a reliable True Strike or True Accuracy ability.
- Damage Over Time Effects
- Black Widow does not have an immediate ability to Purify debuffs, nor regenerate health. This makes her very susceptible to Damage Over Time effects such as a Bleed and Incinerate.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Baton Hits deal Energy Damage instead of Physical and have a 40% chance to inflict a Shock Debuff dealing 1827.75 Energy Damage for 3.65 seconds.
- Black Widow’s covert assassin training kicks in whenever the perfect opportunity to strike presents itself. Gain Widow’s Insight for 0.85 seconds whenever the Opponent is dashing forward or recovering from a Heavy, Special, or Combo ending Attack.
- This ability refreshes its duration when successfully landing hits.
- Widow’s Insight is not affected by Ability Accuracy.
While Widow’s Insight is Active:
- Light Hits: Increase Shock Ability Accuracy by a flat 60%.
- Medium Hits: Reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy by 70%.
- Heavy Hits: 100% chance to inflict a Stun Debuff for 1.75 seconds.
- Ending a Combo has 100% chance to grant a Precision Buff increasing Critical Rating by 286.36 for 24 seconds. Max 8 Stacks.
- When caused to Miss, gain a Passive Evade granting 100% chance to Evade the next Basic Attack for 8 seconds. After triggering an Evade this effect is removed. Evade does not trigger while holding Block.
- When triggering an Evade, Black Widow Counter-Attacks with a Flashbang. This attack cannot Miss and does not generate Power
- When triggering an Evade through any of Black Widow’s personal Evade abilities, inflict a Sabotage Debuff reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy by 20% for 6 seconds. Sabotage deals 48.74 Direct Damage whenever an Opponent’s Defensive Abilities fail to trigger.
| Special 1: Flight of the Arachnid - Black Widow (Deadly Origin) strikes with a full turn kick and baton combo before delivering a shocking surprise.
| Special 2: Spider Bite Combination - Black Widow (Deadly Origin) displays her graceful baton work in a flurry of electrifying strikes.
| Special 3: Dance of the Elusive Black Widow - Black Widow (Deadly Origin) forms her batons into electrified whips before she gracefully loads her opponent with voltage.
| Signature Ability - Red Room Training
Family Reunion - Unique Synergy
- Black Widow (Deadly Origin): Black Widow starts the fight with her Passive Evade active until triggered.
- Red Guardian: While charging a Heavy Attack, become Passively Unstoppable for 0.6 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Remember Me - Unique Synergy
- Black Widow (Deadly Origin): Each time Black Widow strikes with Widow’s Insight active she gains 2% of a Bar of Power.
- Taskmaster: Each time he Exploits a Weakness, Taskmaster has a 30% chance to inflict a Sabotage Debuff for 10 seconds, reducing Defensive Ability Accuracy by 20% for 10 seconds and dealing 10% of Attack as direct Damage when Abilities fail to trigger.
Remembering Budapest - Unique Synergy
- Black Widow (Deadly Origin): Reduce the potency of incoming Bleed Debuffs by 10%. Reduce the potency by an additional 10% if either Ronin or Hawkeye is Dead.
- Ronin, Hawkeye: Increase the duration of Bleed and Disorient Debuffs by 10%. Gain an additional 30% Duration if Black Widow (Deadly Origin) is Dead.
Covert Expertise - Unique Synergy
- Captain America, Iron Man, Falcon, Black Panther: When the opponent starts a Dash Attack or is recovering from a Heavy, Special, or combo ending attack, gain Widow’s Insight for 0.85 seconds. Ending a combo with Widow’s Insight active grants a Cruelty Buff increasing Critical Damage Rating by 450 for 12 seconds.
Rivals with Gamora, Psylocke, Elektra
- All Champions gain +115 Critical Damage Rating.
It’s Complicated with Hulk, Hulk Ragnarok
- All Champions gain +60 Armor Rating & 3% Power Gain.
Liquid Courage / Double Edge
- The Shock damage that Black Widow can output is very strong, but can still be boosted with these Masteries. If players bring the Remembering Budapest Synergy, Black Widow will take significantly less damage from the Bleed portion of Double Edge.
- Since Black Widow is susceptible to Damage over Time Effects, Willpower offers players a method to offset the damage she would take from these sources.
Cruelty / Precision
- Black Widow is capable of high levels of Critical Hit Damage once she is able to get consistent combos in a fight. Adding Cruelty and Precision Masteries on top of Black Widow’s Critical Hit boosts will only boost her damage further.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on