Champion Spotlight - Red Guardian
About RED GUARDIAN
Alexei Shostakov was one of the Soviet Union's most acclaimed pilots, crediting them with air supremacy over the skies of Stalingrad and Kursk during World War II and thus granting him national recognition. As the Cold War flared, Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev determined the Soviet Union needed its own equivalent to Captain America and seeing Shostakov's popularity, chose him to fill that role. The KGB then faked his death, training him in secret and turning him into a master of hand-to-hand combat and a highly skilled athlete.
RED GUARDIAN’s Mechanics
Similar to Captain America, Red Guardian uses a shield in combat, however it’s not made of vibranium and thus is more susceptible to incoming damage. Red Guardian’s shield contains stacks of Durability which enhance it’s defensive capabilities. During combat shield Durability is lost whenever Red Guardian blocks an attack or throws a Special 2. Because Red Guardian’s shield is crafted from Ablative material, whenever it drops to 0 Durability it is Fractured and explodes in the Opponent’s face inflicting multiple Debuffs. Throughout his kit, Red Guardian has a variety of ways to trigger Debuffs on the Opponent. Building Debuffs on the Opponent for both damage and utility purposes is core to this champion, the more Debuffs the better!
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||34173||3459||13660|
Character Class: Science
Basic Abilities: Stun, Trauma, Slow, Vulnerability
- Never gains a Buff
- Red Guardian can’t gain Buffs. This ability might not sound great on paper, but there are a lot of circumstances where having a Buff is actually a negative. When fighting Dormammu each time a buff expires you will degenerate, or when fighting nodes such as the “Spite” Node having a buff will cause the Opponent to gain Power.
- Block Unblockable Attacks
- While his shield is active, Red Guardian can not only block unblockable attacks, but also stun any unblockable opponent who dares strike his shield, completely flipping the tables on them!
- Burst Physical Damage
- One of Red Guardian’s main sources of damage comes from his Trauma Debuff that allows him to deal large amounts of burst physical damage. Trauma can be stacked multiple times to increase this damage even farther.
- Reliant on Debuffs
- In order to get the most of his kit, Red Guardian needs to apply a lot of debuffs and maintain them throughout the fight. Any Opponent who can shrug or reduce Debuff duration will prove to be a significant challenge!
- Reliant on Heavy Attacks
- Red Guardian needs to keep debuffs on his opponent for as long as possible, he does this by landing heavy attacks. This is also where he gains additional attack per unique debuff on the opponent. If Red Guardian isn’t able to land the occasional heavy he is significantly less viable.
- Low Health Pool
- Red Guardian is a fantastic damage dealer with some great damage reduction while his shield is active, however his base health is low, making each hit he takes very detrimental.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- Red Guardian can’t gain Buffs, whenever a Buff attempts to trigger he gains +1 Durability for his Ablative Shield instead. Cooldown: 0.80 seconds.
- The Ablative Shield starts each fight at 9 Durability and can stack up to a max of 10. Each blocked hit removes 1 Durability.
- Each Stack of Durability increases Perfect Block chance by 5%. Perfect Blocks, reduce incoming damage to 0.
- While the Shield is intact, Red Guardian can block Heavy and Unblockable Attacks and gains 1400 Block Proficiency.
- Blocking a Heavy or Unblockable Attack reduces Shield Durability to 0, however all hits of the incoming Attack can be blocked.
- When reaching 0 Durability the Shield is Fractured, entering cooldown for 8 seconds. This cooldown increases by 300% each time Fracture occurs. When cooldown ends, the Shield is repaired at 7 Durability.
- Carbonadium shards from the Ablative Shield burst onto the Opponent, inflicting a Stun Debuff for 1.90 seconds.
- Inflict a Trauma Debuff for 3 seconds, Trauma causes each hit to deal an additional 70% of the damage recently dealt as burst Physical Damage. Max Stacks 3.
- Gain +402.75 Attack Rating for each unique Debuff on the Opponent.
- Refresh all Slow, Vulnerability and Trauma Debuffs on the Opponent.
| Special Attack 1 - Shield Charge
| Special Attack 2 - Ablative Bash:
| Special Attack 3 - KGB Beatdown:
| Signature Ability - Enhanced Combat Durability
FAMILY REUNION - Unique Synergy - With Black Widow (Deadly Origin)
- Red Guardian: While charging a Heavy Attack, become Passively Unstoppable for 0.6 seconds. Cooldown: 10 seconds
- Black Widow (Deadly Origin): Black Widow starts the fight with her Passive Evade active until triggered.
EASTERN BLOCKERS - Unique Synergy - With Rhino and Abomination
- Rhino: Starts the fight with a Passive Fury granting +30% Attack Rating for 20 seconds. While this Fury is active Rhino also gains +50% Increased Ability Accuracy and inflicts the Opponent with a Slow Debuff.
- Abomination: all attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Poison, dealing 70% of modified Attack over 10 seconds.
LIVING STEEL CURTAIN - Unique Synergy - With Unstoppable Colossus and Colossus
- Unstoppable Colossus: Personal Fury Buffs gain an additional flat +10% chance to trigger and last 200% longer. Additionally landing a Heavy Attack pauses all personal Fury Buffs until another is gained.
- Colossus: Activating any Special Attack has a 50% chance to trigger an Unstoppable Buff, lingering 1.2 seconds after the Attack ends.
MAGNIFICENT MANES - Unique Synergy - With Sabretooth
- Red Guardian: While the Ablative Shield is fractured, gain an indefinite Passive Fury, Granting +10% Attack Rating until the shield is repaired.
- Sabretooth: Potency of Fury effects are increased by 10%.
ENHANCED WITH CARBONADIUM - Unique Synergy
With Omega Red
- Red Guardian: takes 50% less damage from incoming attacks while the Ablative Shield is at max Durability.
- Omega Red: When the fight begins, the Opponent is inflicted with up to 5 Death Spores.
- Red Guardian applies a lot of Debuffs to his opponent allowing him to synergize quite nicely with the reduction to opponent’s healing and regeneration abilities granted from this Mastery.
- Red Guardian applies a lot of Debuffs to his opponent allowing him to synergise quite nicely with the reduction to opponent’s Attack Rating granted from this Mastery.
- Red Guardian’s heavy attacks gain additional Attack Rating for each unique Debuff on the Opponent, this mastery gives him access to another Debuff he can use to lower their Attack Rating and increase his own!
- Red Guardian has access to a variety of Stun effects, this Mastery will extend all of them and allow him a larger window to attack his opponent!