**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Awakening 5 Star Archangel

So, I finished my first run of LoL. I was able to pull Archangel. He’s one of the few 4 Star champs that I still use occasionally, so I definitely see his value.

I have a generic awakening gem which I could use on him.

I’ve been saving it for an extremely deserving champ and I think Archangel is it.

However, before I do it, I should note that I have an Omega Red. I don’t plan on ever using suicides so I just don’t see Omega having as much value for me. For those who have both champs, is this a wise decision?

Awakening 5 Star Archangel 18 votes

Awaken Archangel - since you don’t run suicides and you don’t have a lot of signature stones
72%
MasterduxMarvel2289WRIREtjamaObaid_Jacob03ddom_coloTP33Fluffy_pawsMathgeekLil_LasagnaJAYJAY3001Yaga 13 votes
Awakened Omega - he will be worth it in the long run
27%
PantherusNZTROUBL3DFiiNCHSparx265harbinger77 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Awaken Archangel - since you don’t run suicides and you don’t have a lot of signature stones
    I awakened my 5* AA very early on and he’s CARRIED me through a ton of content, the AAR is invaluable. OR is great but without suicides I personally think AA is better.

Tip: DONT use a lot of sig stones, he only needs around 40-50 to get all the utility he needs, anything after that is kind of a waste
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,450 ★★★★
    Awakened Omega - he will be worth it in the long run
    Omega Red is likely to still be the best option overall, while he is greatly improved with suicides, he doesn't NEED them.

AA-ron is a great champion, but his reliance on being able to bleed & poison to really get his benefit ultimately holds him back from so much content at critical times - not always, but often.

If you do go with AA-ron, then get his sig up to a point where his % of AA reduction is ~33% so that 3 Neurotoxins achieve the 100% AA reduction you realistically want. If you go Omega Red, then get his sig as high as it'll go.
  • Options
    _colo_colo Posts: 50
    I have both dup'ed, both at R4. I rarely use OR and always use AA. I don't run suicides. Its not that OR is bad, its just that I prefer AA. When you can bleed and poison (even just bleeds can be good), he just rolls content. And the AAR is icing on the cake. Very, very, very nice icing.

I love the folks that parrot that there isn't much bleed/poison content. There absolutely is. Maybe the boss is bleed immune, but many paths still have the bleed/poison ability. Many times I can use AA to destroy the path and get me to the immune boss with the rest of the team having high health.