**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Book 2 speculation

GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
What do you guys think book 2 will be like?

Personally, I can't see them making it harder than Act 6. The game is leaving so many people behind already and other than the small percentage of elite players, the player base isn't ready for content even harder than Act 6.

So I'm thinking they will make, at least the first act, easier than Act 6. You won't have to have beaten Act 6 to start it because it's a different book. Imo that's why I think they are making it a different book to begin with. So less skilled veterans can have a new story quest to jump into and not being completely outclassed.

But then again they need to feed the super veteran elite and whales thirsting for content too. So could just be even more ridiculous content. But if they keep at this rate of making stuff insanely hard to stall the best players then they are gonna roadblock everybody else. So I still believe it's gonna be easier content, initially, than Act 6.

Comments

• I think it will start off easy maybe first couple of quests, and that's when you meet the wall of pain that says "Welcome to act 7"
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Did they say that you didn't have to beat act six for it? I thought it was basically act 7, just a new story
  • OkaythenOkaythen Posts: 590 ★★★
    Judging by the progress the team is making
    In fact let’s look at it
    V1- god awful full of stupid and bs fights and filled with power gain paths and unnecessary global nodes not to mention the high attack
    V2 very good improvement and is actually fun
    V3 great improvement one of my favorite content in the game
    V4 also very fun and many lower level players can do it too

6.1- okay some annoying globals that are unnecessary like no retreat. The one that limits you to 15 hits
    Annoying Xbones road block
    6.2 who the heck approved this?
    6.3 forgettable tbh I almost forget this is even in the game over all a lot more manageable for initial completion
    6.4 some great fights love the grandmaster fight
    CMM movie boss can be cheesed very easily with mystic champs pretty good chapter overall

I brung v into this because according to miike the same team works on both types of content
    So they are doing a lot better and hopefully they consider a lot of feedback into this new piece of content
    Don’t need another 6.2.5 mordo or 6.2.2 sinister
  • Did they say that you didn't have to beat act six for it? I thought it was basically act 7, just a new story

Nah I remember mike saying that when it is released, you'll need to have beaten act 6
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

Did they say that you didn't have to beat act six for it? I thought it was basically act 7, just a new story

Nah I remember mike saying that when it is released, you'll need to have beaten act 6
    Oops. Didn't know about that. Guess this post is worthless. Thanks for the info though.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Posts: 6,454 Guardian
    edited April 2020
    Graydrox said:

Oops. Didn't know about that. Guess this post is worthless. Thanks for the info though.
    Had to dig for this one just to make sure I was right

• GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    I got invited to the beta and im not even close to beating act 6. it gave me hope and I ran with it. Wrong as usual lol.
  • Yeah I heard rumor act 6.2.1 was the cut off for invites but others said people in act 5 got invites. Mods said they wanted feedback from various of players in different content for feedback
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Graydrox said:

I got invited to the beta and im not even close to beating act 6. it gave me hope and I ran with it. Wrong as usual lol.

Yeah I heard rumor act 6.2.1 was the cut off for invites but others said people in act 5 got invites. Mods said they wanted feedback from various of players in different content for feedback

Yeah, somewhere, someone said that they wanted a range of players to test
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    I’m thru 6.1 only and got beta invite. There must be a good reason other than “let’s see how quickly this noob gets crushed by act 7”. LOL.