**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wish I could block a special like this...

I thought we could do everything the AI can... I hit special immediately after a basic attack in the middle of a combo, after 4th hit. Some how Ironman was able to block it. There wasn't a pause, it was fluid but he still managed to get block and then because I end up hitting special into his block l'm left defensless and get smashed. I know when I try to hit a special in the middle of enemies combo it doesn't do jack all. There's even times when trying to hit special it instead just blocks (and yes I know I'm hitting special button cause I've watched my finger hit it multiple times and champ is just throwing up quick blocks...) Super annoying!

Comments

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    happens to me a lot too. I'm pretty sure it's just me being bad tho
  • Options
    Monto_Carlos28Monto_Carlos28 Posts: 246
    There was a momentary pause between your combo and special. Enough time to block. Plus note the distance between the opponent and yourself.
  • Options
    _RĘÇKLĘŞŞ__RĘÇKLĘŞŞ_ Posts: 38
    edited April 2020
    Notice the screen dim signaling special before he gets the block up

And meant to say "hit block in middle of enemies combo..." in OP
  • Options
    Super slow-mo where you can see screen dim for special while he's still hunched over from last hit
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Yeah. The AI sometimes just doesn't recognize a hit.
    For instance when you dash in, sometimes you will get in 2 hits, but the opponent won't flinch and they'll go right into a special animation.
  • Options
    They keep saying AI is behaving normal but it has seemed off for weeks now. fights I was having no problem with at start of month had become major headaches part way through
  • Options
    Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    When you finish a combo, you hit the opponent back and that is what allows you to throw a special after a full combo, but when you do a half combo, you don't hit them back at all, and that means that they can block.
  • Options
    flygamerflygamer Posts: 345 ★★
    working as intended :|
  • Options
    ChirotonsorChirotonsor Posts: 12
    So if you end with a light attack into a special they block regularly, but ending with a medium they've never blocked my special.
  • Options
    ChirotonsorChirotonsor Posts: 12
    It's less about a full combo, and more about ending with a medium into a special attack, medium light medium special works just as good as m l l l m special.
  • Options
    Usually do end with a M and get that, although I've had them pull blocks on those too... but if you look at the slow-mo I put up after you can see his body is still hunched over as special is starting.