**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sticky Key event situation

Why were the majority of the players unsatisfied with the sticky key event?
As a company, has Kabam started studying it?
Nobody complained about the green event or the energy refill calender. Why? Because they weren't game changing rewards, but amazing to have. It was a cool way of saying "We care about the community .Here is something for supporting us". About 500k extra gold is very similar in terms of reward quality. I think I speak for the community when I say nobody would have complained about them if they were never announced in the first place.

Take for instance the mystery gift crystals that were hidden from the calender about 2 years ago for Christmas that backlashed.
The community has certain expectations in mind when Kabam "announces" events

The solution to this is not for the community to expect lesser rewarding events all the time, but maybe for Kabam keep them a surprise till they're out.

With the green calender and the barons war, nobody complained about the rewards for the month. You could have put the sticky key in a random path in barons war without announcing it to the players. This would have been a real surprise and would have 'exceeded' expectations. The community would have been much more grateful.

Would you agree that the majority of your players are probably in their teens and early twenties? Instant gratification drives the majority of the them. As a company, you can't go about saying this is the players' faults and defend every action you make. The game was carefully designed to cater to the exact audience. You chose your audience.
Study them.
At the end of the day, your game is targeted at us. Knowing what's good for us benefits everybody in the long run. You can't serve players if you don't respect them or take responsibility for your actions.

P. S- I was fine with the sticky key event, but I understand why the majority were not.

Comments

• Options
    DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    Personally, it wasn't the event that was unsatisfying. Rather, it was the extra path we had to do for every single difficulty of Baron's war. It costed my main account time and energy, and on my alt on top of those things the Sorcerer Supreme was a tad more difficult than it needed to be on Epic for a second account that doesn't have a single 5/50.
  • Options
    SuperiorSymbioteSuperiorSymbiote Posts: 1,862 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Indicated by the blue mark this event ended yesterday
  • Options
    I mean, may not be game changing rewards for you, but that energy refill calendar and the dupe green event helped me complete some content I've been putting off
  • Options
    Obaid_Jacob03Obaid_Jacob03 Posts: 72

Indicated by the blue mark this event ended yesterday

We know you're a SuperiorSymbiote. But this was a suggestion for Kabam in the future. Not a rant post.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I mean, may not be game changing rewards for you, but that energy refill calendar and the dupe green event helped me complete some content I've been putting off

That was the highlight of the whole month.
  • Options

Nobody complained about the green event or the energy refill calender. Why? Because they weren't game changing rewards, but amazing to have. It was a cool way of saying "We care about the community .Here is something for supporting us". About 500k extra gold is very similar in terms of reward quality. I think I speak for the community when I say nobody would have complained about them if they were never announced in the first place.

Take for instance the mystery gift crystals that were hidden from the calender about 2 years ago for Christmas that backlashed.

The solution to this is not for the community to expect lesser rewarding events all the time, but maybe for Kabam keep them a surprise till they're out.

With the green calender and the barons war, nobody complained about the rewards for the month. You could have put the sticky key in a random path in barons war without announcing it to the players. This would have been a real surprise and would have 'exceeded' expectations. The community would have been much more grateful.

Would you agree that the majority of your players are probably in their teens and early twenties? Instant gratification drives the majority of the them. As a company, you can't go about saying this is the players' faults and defend every action you make. The game was carefully designed to cater to the exact audience. You chose your audience.
    Study them.
    At the end of the day, your game is targeted at us. Knowing what's good for us benefits everybody in the long run. You can't serve players if you don't respect them or take responsibility for your actions.

P. S- I was fine with the sticky key event, but I understand why the majority were not.

Kabam did keep it a secret. WE as the community hyped it up by trying to guess what it was for and then people started talking about what the prizes would be etc...

There is no situation other than what we caused ourselves. Just like i mentioned in another post, we do this to ourselves all the time. You're trying to blame Kabam for this and it isn't their fault. They didn't say anything other than "you'll need to wait and see".

Just because we have "certain expectations" doesn't mean that's what they should be. Everyone wanted RDT's or AG's. We always want the best rewards possible and when we don't get our way, we turn into Karen's and Chad's and whine and cry about how "out of touch" Kabam is with the player base. We create threads like this one that serve no purpose other than to say it wasn't good enough. it won't ever be good enough and Kabam isn't ever going to win because of mentalities just like yours. Want to blame someone? Look in the mirror.
    What I meant by keeping it a secret was to not announce it till the event starts. Like the refill calender or the green day event.

Like I said, a surprise sticky key to collect in the Barons quest would have been sufficient. Giving us a sticky key at the beginning of the month which served no purpose for the whole month other than to unlock a path that made the barons quest harder? That could have been avoided.

I never argued Kabam isn't doing enough. The rewards for April were overall good.
    Did you read the post fully? As a company it's their duty to manage expectations as well. How to announce events and rewards matters as well to keep customers expectations in check.

Keeping player expectations in check =\= Heed to every player expectation

It's a constructive feedback that benefits them as well as us. I'm not demanding extra rewards, neither am I unsatisfied with the current ones. But I understand why people would be.
    Have you taken out a second think from someone else's perspective?
    If they hadn't announced it way early on, it wouldn't have harmed you or anybody. Since they announced it, it still probably didn't harm you, but it did hurt one part of the community. Think for them too. It isn't always about you.
  • Options

You would think revives and energy refills can get you through the game?
    There are amazing freebies to have. But the game revolves around RNG, having the right champs at the right rank helps you a ton more than revives and refills.

I appreciate the revives and the free refills and feel they are amazing. I was able to comple two chapter in variant 1.
    They aren't game changing for someone who doesn't have enough 5* or 6* to even enter Act 6. Not so game changing for those players right? What they gonna do with he free refills? Run through Heroic or Master EQ in two days? Not game changing.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    eh i was fine with it i had a lot of energy refills to use but i see why people were mad
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,023 ★★★★★

Study them.

Kabam did keep it a secret. WE as the community hyped it up by trying to guess what it was for and then people started talking about what the prizes would be etc...

There is no situation other than what we caused ourselves. Just like i mentioned in another post, we do this to ourselves all the time. You're trying to blame Kabam for this and it isn't their fault. They didn't say anything other than "you'll need to wait and see".

Just because we have "certain expectations" doesn't mean that's what they should be. Everyone wanted RDT's or AG's. We always want the best rewards possible and when we don't get our way, we turn into Karen's and Chad's and whine and cry about how "out of touch" Kabam is with the player base. We create threads like this one that serve no purpose other than to say it wasn't good enough. it won't ever be good enough and Kabam isn't ever going to win because of mentalities just like yours. Want to blame someone? Look in the mirror.
    What I meant by keeping it a secret was to not announce it till the event starts. Like the refill calender or the green day event.

Like I said, a surprise sticky key to collect in the Barons quest would have been sufficient. Giving us a sticky key at the beginning of the month which served no purpose for the whole month other than to unlock a path that made the barons quest harder? That could have been avoided.

I never argued Kabam isn't doing enough. The rewards for April were overall good.
    Did you read the post fully? As a company it's their duty to manage expectations as well. How to announce events and rewards matters as well to keep customers expectations in check.

Keeping player expectations in check =\= Heed to every player expectation

It's a constructive feedback that benefits them as well as us. I'm not demanding extra rewards, neither am I unsatisfied with the current ones. But I understand why people would be.
    Have you taken out a second think from someone else's perspective?
    If they hadn't announced it way early on, it wouldn't have harmed you or anybody. Since they announced it, it still probably didn't harm you, but it did hurt one part of the community. Think for them too. It isn't always about you.
    There is zero chance they can keep our expectations in check because our expectations are too high for everything. Take the sticky key for example. We blew the roof off what we thought it would be for by them just giving it to us.

You're looking to blame someone for your disappointment but its no ones fault but our own. This isn't the first time they have given us a item like the key and it wont be the last. You need to manage your own expectations, not Kabam.

And to your point about who this game caters too, you'd be wrong about the ages of who plays it. I'd bet there is way more 30 years + that play vs it being teens and early 20's.

They have studied us. This is one of the most successful mobile games around. I think they have figured it out pretty well. We always think we know better than the company though, that wont ever change.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

You would think revives and energy refills can get you through the game?
    There are amazing freebies to have. But the game revolves around RNG, having the right champs at the right rank helps you a ton more than revives and refills.

I appreciate the revives and the free refills and feel they are amazing. I was able to comple two chapter in variant 1.
    They aren't game changing for someone who doesn't have enough 5* or 6* to even enter Act 6. Not so game changing for those players right? What they gonna do with he free refills? Run through Heroic or Master EQ in two days? Not game changing.
    First off, it was a bunch of free energy refills which I needed and free revives. The revives were more important to me then the refills through. The great part about the revives was it wasn’t supposed to come back, but Kabam let it slide.
    Those revives gave me incentive to push through content and now I’m two chapters away from uncollected. So yeah, that was my favorite part of the month. I have the champs in need, and got items to help.

Also, I never said they were game changing. Just that they were the best part of the whole month.