**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Incoming Hijacked Transmission... What does it mean? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Is it only in epic he ambushes
  • L79GL79G Posts: 43
    I fear that we are all far away from what will really be...
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    Did anyone get units from that crystal? I met him 3 times. Only gold for me.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,421 Guardian
    edited May 2020
    Apparently another Transmission (from someone else who had momentarily started a different thread, was that @Kyusushui ?)
    Copying it into here, where everything else is...

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    This better not be a disappointment. Hopefully a side event!
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,115 ★★★★★
    Yeah I’m not putting anymore energy into figuring this out. Unsubscribing from this thread and just waiting
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    I’m about tired of this dude actin like he’s a big shot. Actin jus like anyone else on PlayStation. Gets whooped then hopsin my DMS talkin tough!
  • HippieGamer1HippieGamer1 Posts: 8
    So, idk if anyone else has already posted this, but I got a transmission from beating him, honestly not sure how many times, so this is part of it, I guess

• DangerPenguinDangerPenguin Posts: 7
    edited May 2020
    I wonder if you’re going to need that chronometer for something later in the event - like maybe a mid cycle update that changes the rift reward during the last week. Maybe you combine the chronometer and the detector (combining the pieces) and then you can choose platinumpool as a reward, but only after my speculated update.

That would suck for folks who burned it on an AG, but - sometimes early birds only get worms.
  • DangerPenguinDangerPenguin Posts: 7
    crogs said:

God you people put way to much thought into this.

Then don’t worry about it and move on
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139
    I think kabam would've closed this post a while back if the transmissions meant nothing to prevent us from getting our hopes up
    So im very curious
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    It could also

I think kabam would've closed this post a while back if the transmissions meant nothing to prevent us from getting our hopes up
    So im very curious

I agree, Kabam knows two things.

1. This thread is popular
    2. The last Deadpool event failed

So this could be a way of regaining some kind of popularity back.
  • TyDollarSignTyDollarSign Posts: 225 ★★
    I mean, even if it's a disappointing profile pic that this turns out to be, I've got 70 units and like 50,000 gold from the crystals I got fighting him so I'm pretty happy with that. The potential ambushes are the only thing that keep me excited after pulling 4500 T5B frags from rights 4 out of the last 5 times.
  • YorkrockYorkrock Posts: 16
    Beat him several times - here’s 3 messages

B
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

crogs said:

God you people put way to much thought into this.

Then don’t worry about it and move on
    It's still fun to read over the morning coffee. ☕
  • CoughECoughE Posts: 7
    edited May 2020
    Someone earlier mentioned yugioh as possibly having something to do with this puzzle and I think there's alot of evidence to support that. Specifically it seems to be referencing the monster exodia the forbidden one.

Platpool uses a deck of cards for his powers which relates.

Exodia is the most powerful monster in yu gi oh, but to unlock its true power you must have all 5 pieces as it has been split into 2 arms 2 legs and its head.

An arm and a leg are two of the pieces

The puzzle is in your hands may relate to the millennium puzzle, a central artifact in the yu gi oh story

He also seems to be looking for friends, so maybe the answer relates somehow to figuring out a name and friending that account?

The card game that is played in yu gi oh is actually called duel monsters so maybe we have to duel a specific account?

Could be way off and I'm not even a huge yu gi oh fan but from the clues it seems oddly related, thoughts?

• ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    Maybe make draw the brown pants? Would that work?
    Wondering if anyone has gotten him to draw the brown pants. Also the last message I've seen asking us to please not leave him so maybe we have to leave the fight or quit out of the quest once ambushed? Risky thing to try since if it doesn't work your out of a rift but maybe.
    Also the crystal you get from beating him is called the forbidden crystal if I'm not mistaken, and again the monster is called exodia the forbidden one. It really seems like too much to be a coincidence.
  • ElibudElibud Posts: 23

This was after 8 times of beating him. Maybe something happens on the tenth?