**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam Please Keep Reduced AQ Timers...

30 minute timers has been great for our alliance. Guys can do more moves a a time, with people in different time zones, work schedules and parts of the world it gives us some flexibility when someone can't join or get back on to move. I'd even take 45 which sounds like the same as the new AW. it helps keep things from being as much of a grind and keeps our members happier.

Please consider this Miike et al.

Comments

• DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    I wish they would too, but they wont. Expect this thread to be closed down soon.
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Maybe I'm just to stupid to understand the detriment here. I mean, regardless of the timers AQ still takes 24 hours to reset. So it's not like were getting more stuff.

If it's an item use/sale concern, a 30 minute times doesn't stop that symbiod from handing you your butt. If people have to use items with 60 min timers, they still will with 30.

As far as time zones go, I still can't see how it's a bad thing. We have members half a world away that cannot play on the same schedule. 30 minute timers make it much more flexible. I've had countless situation where we're one linked node away from a mini-boss and the guy on that lane (me in several cases) can't afford to stay up a whole other hour because of life responsibilities. That then forces everyone to have to wait regardless of time zone.

i think I read a mention by a mod of how AQ was simply designed for 60 min timers and that's why it's has to stay that way. Then what the heck do you hand 30 minute timers out for anyways? I get that they're needed when the servers go down and large chunks of time are lost, but that just proves that things flow better with 30 min timers.

Idk. Even if you take the perspective of Kabam doing it for some selfish purpose, I fail to see what it gets them. Someone help me understand.
  • KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    30 min timers are great, I don't have to wake up in the middle of sleeping to play now
  • 30 minute timers makes the game more fun imo... waiting for energy and others is taxing
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Mana_Pot wrote: »

Idk. Even if you take the perspective of Kabam doing it for some selfish purpose, I fail to see what it gets them. Someone help me understand.
    Just from my perspective, 1 hour timers increase the chance of failure on particular maps, map 6 being the best example. Requires a lot of activity. 30 minute timers would of course increase your odds of success. I know, some will wonder how 30 minute timers increase odds. Simple, get plenty of AQ cleared before the day ends. Wake up and easily finish whatever is left and go about your daily/busy life schedule. 1 hour timers, you constantly have to find time to check in. So, many have to stick to the simpler maps.
    What does Kabam gain? Again, just my perspective. But if more people were able to easily manage time for map 6, or your casual player could now find time for map 5, rewards would be greater. Not as much need to spend on some offers when you have gotten into the habit of winning whats being sold.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I vote yes too :D
  • Mana_Pot wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just to stupid to understand the detriment here. I mean, regardless of the timers AQ still takes 24 hours to reset. So it's not like were getting more stuff.

If it's an item use/sale concern, a 30 minute times doesn't stop that symbiod from handing you your butt. If people have to use items with 60 min timers, they still will with 30.

As far as time zones go, I still can't see how it's a bad thing. We have members half a world away that cannot play on the same schedule. 30 minute timers make it much more flexible. I've had countless situation where we're one linked node away from a mini-boss and the guy on that lane (me in several cases) can't afford to stay up a whole other hour because of life responsibilities. That then forces everyone to have to wait regardless of time zone.

i think I read a mention by a mod of how AQ was simply designed for 60 min timers and that's why it's has to stay that way. Then what the heck do you hand 30 minute timers out for anyways? I get that they're needed when the servers go down and large chunks of time are lost, but that just proves that things flow better with 30 min timers.

I'm guessing u don't run map 6 in aq, brutal without 30 minute timers and whole focus becomes revmoved around the timer.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    1hr timers make the game awful. It gets really boring. It's already boring as it is with all the game issues
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Please do not keep 30-min timers.

I'm having a heck of time including my EU players with these timers.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    I want 2h Timer!!!
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    or just add different timer for different maps , like 25min for map 6 , 30min for map 5 , 45 for map 4 ...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    They've already said many times that they have no plans to change them permanently.