**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tips for Ghosting

My 5* ghost has been sitting idle & eating dust for quite a while, didn't bother using her due to the learning curve.

BUT NOW:

Please share some tips Ghost players.

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    There are good videos on her play style

Need wasp synergy, want to add hood also
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    There’s some pretty good videos out there. I would focus your energy on the 5* though as her awakened ability really increases her DPS (more power gain = more specials).

For your unawakened version, phase one hit to keep your offensive momentum as there’s no real benefit in phasing multiple hits. For your awakened version you can usually phase 2 (just don’t get greedy) as this will give you more power.

One of the biggest things to learn is which specials you can counter with a heavy (LoL Red Hulk is a good practice dummy to work on your spacing for this sort of thing), which heavies you can counter as well.

Combo-wise MLLL and dash back is probably your best bet unless you want to limit power in which case just ML/M. Not doing a ‘complete’ combo will allow you to dash back faster than if you completed it with either L4, M2.

Synergies:

Wasp makes Ghost easy game - you never have to worry about timing specials unless you’re against Magneto (just don’t bring her), or Domino.

Hood - you can eat bane/degen/cheese close encounters, eat infinite SP3s with this. This is the most valuable of the synergies, you can learn to play ghost without Wasp but you can’t tank an SP3 without Hood.

The biggest hiccup many people encounter when learning Ghost is dealing with champs with a multi hit Medium attack such as Domino and Stealth Spidey as they often get clipped by the second hit. Work on those two and you should be golden, I tend to just eat a single medium from them as it takes a smidge longer than most other medium animations.

Vs Domino - her AA reduction will affect you - it’ll make your phase fail periodically and your crit not crit. What it’ll also do, is make Wasp’s unblockable special effect not work. Against Domino you should always fight as if you don’t have Wasp so even if it fails to crit/be unblockable you’re not going to get flattened.

Never take her vs Ebony Maw and strongly avoid Using her on Mr Sinister.

I’d say that’s the main thing to be getting on with. Once you master her she’s the answer to 90% of the game
  • chimichanga2108chimichanga2108 Posts: 72
    Mauled said:

There’s some pretty good videos out there. I would focus your energy on the 5* though as her awakened ability really increases her DPS (more power gain = more specials).

For your unawakened version, phase one hit to keep your offensive momentum as there’s no real benefit in phasing multiple hits. For your awakened version you can usually phase 2 (just don’t get greedy) as this will give you more power.

One of the biggest things to learn is which specials you can counter with a heavy (LoL Red Hulk is a good practice dummy to work on your spacing for this sort of thing), which heavies you can counter as well.

Combo-wise MLLL and dash back is probably your best bet unless you want to limit power in which case just ML/M. Not doing a ‘complete’ combo will allow you to dash back faster than if you completed it with either L4, M2.

Synergies:

Wasp makes Ghost easy game - you never have to worry about timing specials unless you’re against Magneto (just don’t bring her), or Domino.

Hood - you can eat bane/degen/cheese close encounters, eat infinite SP3s with this. This is the most valuable of the synergies, you can learn to play ghost without Wasp but you can’t tank an SP3 without Hood.

The biggest hiccup many people encounter when learning Ghost is dealing with champs with a multi hit Medium attack such as Domino and Stealth Spidey as they often get clipped by the second hit. Work on those two and you should be golden, I tend to just eat a single medium from them as it takes a smidge longer than most other medium animations.

Vs Domino - her AA reduction will affect you - it’ll make your phase fail periodically and your crit not crit. What it’ll also do, is make Wasp’s unblockable special effect not work. Against Domino you should always fight as if you don’t have Wasp so even if it fails to crit/be unblockable you’re not going to get flattened.

Never take her vs Ebony Maw and strongly avoid Using her on Mr Sinister.

I’d say that’s the main thing to be getting on with. Once you master her she’s the answer to 90% of the game

Thanks for this nicely documented thesis,I have a 5* Hood but no 5/6* wasp
    Daphboy said:

Practice, practice, practice. Just gotta keep using her and learning the timing on phase counter. Most champs are pretty easy to do so in later content as the AI is more aggressive and that’s when she excels. The only ones who I really need to pay attention to are champs that have double taps on the 1st or second strike as that changes the timing a little.

Also, wasp synergy makes her MUCH easier to play.

Will start act 6.3 from today, hope I learn to use her there.
    dot_ditto said:
    That's a great summary, thanks