**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

4 year player, give me some advice

MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
I have put in a ton of money into this game, loved most of it, incursions aren’t really for me. Arena doesn’t really make sense at my level. I am platinum 3 consistently and not really seeing any benefit of the rewards as I’m hoping for a dozen different champs out of 170+ when I open crystals. I really don’t want to give up on this game simply on the money invested. Anyone have any advice on things they are doing to enjoy this game again? Just stuck, bored but don’t want to quit. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I think you should give incursions another try haha, it really is a great feeling when you can continuously keep buffing up your incursions champs and wreck most opponents, plus the incursions rewards are worth it.
  • Options
    PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    Have you finished all solo content?
  • Options
    Pizzabeat said:

Have you finished all solo content?

All variant, but no, not exploration, the unit and time commitment doesn’t make sense when I don’t have any use for the rewards at the moment.

I have 6.4 left but again I will have an excess of rank up materials if I don’t hit the jackpot on the right champs. I’m already overflowing so I don’t want to run through it and if I get unlucky which is likely not have anyone to spend the resources on.

Feel like I am in limbo
  • Options
    If I do hit bingo then I can use the respurces but if not just more on the bank already expiring
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I Feel you. Trying to decide what I do too. Incursion are fun but don’t see the reward for the time sink so can’t get myself to do them. Just burnt out of arena again from trying to grind units to clear content. Burning out of act 6 exploration as well. It’s just so long and painful. War I’ve always hated but tolerate to stay in my alliance and get shards. AQ is there but is kind of like a necessary evil to get my rank up materials.

Most likely I’ll take my summer to decide and dial back for a bit here shortly. I usually do in the summer anyway so works for me. By then we should have an idea on where things are going to in game.

Unfortunately right now my options left for questing for progression are Act 6 exploration or abyss exploration which basically had left me with little desire to play because both are not fun options. I chip away at Act 6 in spurts when I am feel up to it and my revives in my stash start expiring.
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    take a break come down to a lower level ally and chill for a bit
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    You just have to ask yourself what do you want out of the game. If incursions, arenas, exploration aren't for you, what are you looking for?

I've had folks in my alliance take seasons off to recharge. Most have come back after a season. Sounds like you need a break to figure things out.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Take a break. The frustration you feel often leads to poor decision-making in game. If there’s an area you find relaxing, play that game mode and don’t stress about the remainder.

It is supposed to be recreation, not an occupation.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    deepblack12deepblack12 Posts: 229 ★★
    Just quit and look for another game. This game isn't the only game for you anyway.
  • Options
    NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    If you don't want quit, maybe take lower aliances that don't demand so damn time. Like Gold 1 or 2 and Map5x5. Rewards there at least don't need to spend real money like you already spent and realizing now that all that money spent was for nothing because the others that don't spend money will reach there too just with a little delay. Only thing kabam want you to think is like you already spent money so you can't stop playing so you don't see that others that don't spend overtake you..... Well this is the philosophy of this kind of games. Seatin and others finally are opening the eyes of the community!