**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Drop Rates of Resources being Influenced by our Current Inventory

Hey Summoners and Kabam.

Kabam, I'm asking you kindly to change your policy of reducing the drop rate of resources that a person needs compared to what they already have in their inventory. Please just make it fair. If I open a T4 Class Catalyst Crystal, I would expect it to always be a 1:6 chance of obtaining any particular class.

As it stands now, If I am in need of a Tech Class Catalysts, the chances of obtaining one (for example) in a Class Catalyst Crystal becomes less than 1:6 and I'm not sure how to play around this? Would it be better then to hoard crystals and open a large number at once? Should I get rid of some of the other Classes Catalysts in my inventory to improve my chances of getting the tech I need?

I urge you to simply abolish this feature and always make it a fair 1:6 odds.

I understand some people reading this may come back by implying my views could be influenced by certain psychological phenomena such as Confirmation Bias or by the Mathematical principles of probability etc.

I am aware that there are many influential factors that are likely to make it seem as though the drop rates are unequal. Believe me, i've taken these into consideration. I along with a few others have been keeping record and taking notes over a some period of time. The results of which undeniably suggest a high likelihood that drop rates are modified according to certain circumstances and criteria related to the current state of ones account and inventory.

I have indeed brought this topic and our findings straight to Kabam themselves and they have directly confirmed within their reply that such is true and state that it is an implementation put in place to keep the game balanced as well as provide excitement for the player when they finally obtain the specific drop which they seek. (I have the response from Kabam saved via email)

Now, I understand why it suits Kabam to do this and I can't really blame them. I somewhat agree it helps to keep things balanced. I believe however, their motivation goes way beyond that into the realm of profits and unrelated to the best interest of the game and community. I don't really blame them for this. They are a company and not a charity, I get it. I also don't see any reason why they would want to change this profitable behavior simply for the benefit of the players. However I'd like to express the frustration this can bring to us as players. To remind them that sometimes certain pro-profit features directly impact our enjoyment of the game, especially when it comes to critical areas of progression. I'm not even talking about pulling good/bad champs at all in this message. Once you begin to cross a threshold, I believe you are in jeopardy of disrupting the scales of profit vs player toward an outcome which is beneficial to neither, and result in both parties suffering.

Please Kabam, all I ask is that when it comes to Class Catalysts and other similar resources, that you reconsider adjusting the modified drop rates and switch to the expected system of permanent one in six odds for any given class at any given time.

Thanks for your consideration.

Comments

• Options
    Another one of these I see.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,344 ★★★★★
    That's not a policy. Not a thing at all, actually.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    How does the game, or Kabam, know what you need? Or care? You specifically I mean. How many summoners are there? What makes you special? And how exactly would Kabam run an algorithm that would tell them who you intend to rank up next?
  • Options
    koma312koma312 Posts: 8
    Snizzbar said:

How does the game, or Kabam, know what you need? Or care? You specifically I mean. How many summoners are there? What makes you special? And how exactly would Kabam run an algorithm that would tell them who you intend to rank up next?

By the number of Class Catalysts already in your inventory. The same goes for awakening gems, you are more likely to get one for a class you already have. It's not a conspiracy, It's already been confirmed by Kabam.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    koma312 said:

Snizzbar said:

It's not a conspiracy, It's already been confirmed by Kabam.
    Ok it should be easy to show then. Do you have a link?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,962 Guardian
    koma312 said:

Snizzbar said:

By the number of Class Catalysts already in your inventory. The same goes for awakening gems, you are more likely to get one for a class you already have. It's not a conspiracy, It's already been confirmed by Kabam.
    1. No, you're not. I'm pretty sure I've looked at more drops than you.
    2. No, Kabam hasn't confirmed this. Conspiracy nuts have pointed to things like patent filings without actually reading the filings because actually reading the filings would tell you those patents don't say what the conspiracy nuts claim they say. They just read the titles. Kabam has always said the exact opposite.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    lol I swear when I have no iso and really need it I always pull new champs instead of any dupes. Worth a try if your desperate for new champs I guess. The game also loves flooding my account with mutant champs and iso.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Also if its not a thing thing then why do high level players hold off on opening t4cc crystals knowing the chance that theyll pull the 1 or 2 cc they need is terrible and predictably instead of pulling that cc they end up filling their over flow with the unneeded ccs. Ive seen bg, seatin, dave and lagacy all go through this in their vids multiple times. Not saying its a conspiracy, but miss programming maybe.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,849 ★★★★★
    The way the game currently is, it teaches you resource management, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
  • Options
    RebornMVPRebornMVP Posts: 50
    Plus even if they did that to have better rates from your inventory then it would make ranking up less rewarding.
    You would see lots of 6 star rank 3's and 5 star rank 5's
  • Options
    Lunae said:

Also if its not a thing thing then why do high level players hold off on opening t4cc crystals knowing the chance that theyll pull the 1 or 2 cc they need is terrible and predictably instead of pulling that cc they end up filling their over flow with the unneeded ccs. Ive seen bg, seatin, dave and lagacy all go through this in their vids multiple times. Not saying its a conspiracy, but miss programming maybe.

Lunae said:

A lot of higher level gold off because of overflow. I stopped opening those crystals because i have a variety of class t4c in overflow and interest no point in adding to that so that they can just expire.
  • Options
    Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Posts: 7,033
    Hey there, as we've said numerous times in the past, the drop rates of particular resources or classes of resources are all the same unless stated otherwise, so the odds of getting a particular class of Catalyst are exactly the same of getting any other, regardless of what you have in your inventory or who you were thanking about ranking or not ranking up. Additionally, we don't have any way of telling what specific resources a player would want at any given point in time time; even if we did, I can't even imagine us going through the trouble using that ability for something like this.
This discussion has been closed.