**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 5.2.4 - Masochism

I am currently going for Uncollected, and I have had no real snags until now. The Masochism quest. Anyone have any tips or tricks that worked for them? I don't have any higher level champs with heal block, so unfortunately that is out of the running (although, I don't even know if heal block would work as a counter).

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Try not to parry, but intercept.
    Parry causes debuff, and heals opponent.
  • Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I hope i never see another post on this
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    If you can out damage the masochism learn how to reparry - Lagacy/KT1 have vids on it, it’ll stop you getting comboed out when you think you’ve successfully parried because of autopilot thinking (we’ve all been there).

If you have Sabretooth and Killmonger than synergy gives AA reduction on debuffs, effectively disabling the node.

Ghost is a fantastic counter as she doesn’t need to parry and doesn’t inflict debuffs.

Your other option is to go with debuff heavy champs and just accept it’s a longer fight - NF for example: Masochism will activate on his first bleed so you still get the massive damage from his final bleed. Blade’s sp2 will trigger on first but it doesn’t really matter because you should get a ton more on.

I would also invest in the despair mastery
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Go to my profile and look at my discussions for a guide to this quest. I don’t feel like going through and posting the link atm. It’s something like a comprehensive guide to 5.2.4 lines in the sand or something. It has a ton of info, some of which is slightly outdated due to Colossus being buffed, but it’s really not that different. Just tankier
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    This topic comes up a lot, because it's very tricky and it can throw your whole playstyle out. It's important to remember how Masochism works, when they get a debuff, the instantly purge it and get a chunk of instant regen, it then goes on a countdown for about 7 seconds, during which you can debuff them all the live-long day and those debuffs will stay; HOWEVER if you've put a stack of, say, bleeds on them that don't get purge, then the countdown ends and you put ANOTHER bleed on them, masochism will then purge ALL the bleeds and get the normal regen.

So that being said, you've got a few strategies.

1) Avoid Parry (and other debuffs) - the most immediately obvious strategy is via playstyle, avoid parries (and try not to use debuff champions) and focus on intercepts and baiting specials/heavies for your openings. This requires a reasonable amount of skill but is very viable
    2) Use debuff-heavy champs and aim to overpower the regen - this may seem counter-productive but it's based on that downtime counter after Masochism triggers. Trigger a debuff, they get a regen, then while the countdown ticks, go nuts - you can parry them, smash through them, bleed/degen/whatever, and aim to overpower what they've regened. This can take longer and you still have to be clever, but it's closer to your normal play-style.
    3) Try to block the regen - Some champs could viably block the regeneration as they primarily use passive heal blocking: Warlock and Mysterio are the best options as they directly inflict the heal blocking; AA-ron is another option when awakened but you need to work around him purging your bleeds/poisons until you can start inflicting Neuro-toxins, Void is also an option but has the same issue as AA-ron.
    4) Specific champion counters - there are a couple of champs who particularly work well: Ghost is a big option because you can viably get easier counters thanks to her phasing; Sabretooth is another option provided you bring along Killmonger or Black Panther Civil War as that synergy means Sabretooth reduces ability accuracy by 100% for 0.7 seconds WHEN APPLYING A DEBUFF - by all accounts that synergy was made explicitly for Masochism :smile:

Good luck!
  • Options
    MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Void was my only option as a r3 4 star he put in work. I got uncollected at level 41 so didn't have huge roster.