**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Obtaining missing One Star Champs if still missing by the time I'm able to switch the daily crystal.

Hello all, I hope I'm not posting something that's already been gone over but I searched and didn't find an existing discussion about this. My question is: How would I be able to obtain my 3 missing One Star Champs if and when I still don't have them when I'm entitled to switch over my daily crystal to giving me Three Star champs vs. the previous One and Two star ones? I currently still don't have One Star Iron Man, Hawkeye & Juggernaut and have been very annoyed thus far with why I keep getting dupes of the other 8 I already have or dupe Two Star champs vs. any one of the 3 One Stars I still need. I'm currently not there to where I can switch over my daily crystal and so I hope that by the time I'm able, I'll have secured my missing 3 but if I haven't, will there be a way for me to still obtain them or will they remain lost to me forever? I'm very completionist and so I really, really want to fill out my One Star roster before I move on. Thanks for the help in advance, Daniel.

Comments

• SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Okay so, you got a wall of text going on here, but I'm going to try to answer anyways and help out.

I think you're asking two things and you can correct me if I'm mistaken.

The first one is, how do I get one star champions of these other characters. Most of the one star characters are limited in number and don't cover the entire MCoC roster. They are only in the game to help you progress through the starting points. Everyone starts with the 1 star Spiderman if I'm not mistaken.

The second question is about the daily crystals right? So, the regular daily crystal includes 1, 2, and 3 star champions, but will mostly give out 2 stars. They do get updated to an "Uncollected Daily Crystal," but you need to have beaten The Collector in act 5 to get those and if you are just starting out that's a long way off.

However, you replace your 1 and 2 stars very quickly with 3 stars and higher. For just starting out should probably just focus on whatever 3 star you can pick up early. Later on you will get 4 or 5 star champions (6 stars are coming soon), and what you do with those just depends on what content you need to clear (there are lots of videos online covering each champion and different content).

So, in summary, if you're just trying to get the full collection it's not possible to have 1 star versions of several of those champions because they don't exist in the game. This is similar to the fact that there are some champions that don't exist as 3 stars, or can only be obtained as 4 stars by completing Realm of Legends (Rhino & Ronan for example). Each star level is missing a couple characters, even at the 5 star level you can't get classic Daredevil for example.

Was there another question? I think I covered everything.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Iron man hawkeye and juggernaut aren't in the daily crystal as 1 stars, if they are available as 1 * champs it was probably through a marvel insider special offer
  • BoegotaBoegota Posts: 51
    Thanks Speeds80, that ended up answering my question. I was simply going off of the Wikia found here (http://marvel-contestofchampions.wikia.com/wiki/Tier) which lays out what champs belong to which star Tiers. They have 11 posted for the 1st Tier or One Star Category and they are as follows: Black Panther, Colossus, Gamora, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Man (Classic), Vision & Wolverine. I have 8 out of those 11 and as posted above, am missing only the Hawkeye, Iron Man and Juggernaut. I "assumed" (we all know what that spells lol) that I would be able to obtain all 11 via the daily crystal while it's still possible to obtain one and two star champs before I upgrade it by beating the Collector Scenario in Act 5 Scene 2. However, now that I know that those three particular One Stars were only obtainable via promotional means and that I wasn't playing the game during those particular promotions, now I know that I can never get them ever. It would be nice for those putting together that particular Wikia that those three One stars were only obtainable via this or that promotion and for us "Johnny come Lately" people such as myself, to just discount them from my "potential" complete roster. Thanks much again for putting this matter to rest for me Speeds80! :)