**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why do you guys insist on doing maintenance during AQ?

Wouldn't it be a much better idea to do it after AQ ends? You're choosing to do it in the middle of the evening during AQ, which is not the most optimal time to bring the game down for two hours or more. You're even doing it while incursions are on too.

It would be a pro-player move to do maintenance when AQ and Incursions are not running and maybe later at night when players are not online as much. I question the logic behind your timing of maintenance

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    incursions are never not running, so your idea wont work. Besides, maintenance is at most 2hours +, chill.
  • SGT_M9SGT_M9 Posts: 98
    Because then it would make everyone happy!! Kabam doesn’t like to do that much. ;)
  • NinjaSliceDiceNinjaSliceDice Posts: 17

incursions are never not running, so your idea wont work. Besides, maintenance is at most 2hours +, chill.

AQ is the most problematic issue here. They should do it when AQ is not running. It just seems logical.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    These maintenances ate done in the same day at the same hour, for years now

I get that, but why was the decision made to do it when AQ is running? Again, there were better options to choose

I get that, but why was the decision made to do it when AQ is running? Again, there were better options to choose
    If you understand that it is done at the same day at the same hour then there is no more room for debate. Besides, AQ runs on a 5 day cycle over a 7 day week with i think 3 or so days break in between i think, so it is inevitable that AQ will eventually touch all 7 days of the week and there will never be a day that is forever untouched by AQ for them to do maintenance. What you guys should do is have everyone or as many people as possible make their moves before maintenance begins, then after maintenance some energy will be regained for them to continue AQ without any opportunity cost.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Change AQ days to Mon Tues Thurs Fri Sat. Lol

Tbh I’ll much prefer AQ to be fixed on 4 days with a break (maintenance day) in the middle.
  • SGT_M9SGT_M9 Posts: 98
    Keep the days the same for aq. Then maintain the off days. Pretty simple
    SGT_M9 said:

Keep the days the same for aq. Then maintain the off days. Pretty simple

Exactly. Considering that time and energy are major concerns during AQ, it just seems like that should be a consideration.

Now if Kabam actually lowered the energy regen for AQ to 30 or even 45 minutes, then it might be a different story
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    There's always something running at some time, but Maintenance has to be done. For as long as I can remember, it's been the same day. There are a number of other games that use the same time as well which partner with other servers. It's scheduling, and Maintenance takes precedence.
    Not disagreeing that maintenance has to be done. I'm just saying it can be scheduled better and less disruptive
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

Not disagreeing that maintenance has to be done. I'm just saying it can be scheduled better and less disruptive

There was once where maintenance lasted 4 hrs. That was the only time in MCOCs history where scheduled maintenance effected anything in the game. This game is almost 6 years old now. Scheduled maintenance has been Tuesdays every two weeks for that long. It's much better to have maintenance on a standard schedule instead of moving it around all the time.

There was once where maintenance lasted 4 hrs. That was the only time in MCOCs history where scheduled maintenance effected anything in the game. This game is almost 6 years old now. Scheduled maintenance has been Tuesdays every two weeks for that long. It's much better to have maintenance on a standard schedule instead of moving it around all the time.
    Isn't it weekly? I'm fairly certain it's weekly and not every 2 weeks 🤔
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

Isn't it weekly? I'm fairly certain it's weekly and not every 2 weeks 🤔
    Bi-weekly. But it could also be every 2 weeks.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It used to be every week at one time. Sometimes every other week, sometimes every now and then. It varies.
  • NinjaNate90NinjaNate90 Posts: 52
    To all the guys defending Kabam on this, your point would probably have some validity if there wasn’t 6 more emergency maintenance after maintenance. This seems to always be a risk. And just bc something has been done forever doesn’t make it a good idea. Since it is always on the same day it wouldn’t be unreasonable to reduce timers on maintenance day. An alliance’s timezone shouldn’t dictate their ability to complete content in any situation.