Who is the better AW defender

CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Both are awakened, 4*. Choosing who to take to rank 4 for AW defence. And no I don't have any of the god tier Mystics or Nightcrawler so skip the comments about using one of them please

Who is the better AW defender 64 votes

War Machine
76%
Etaki_LirakoiwinterthurKpatrixSugardaddy1129Kronos987654321Harada78gnews85Mr_PlatypusMegaSkater67TBJ1118Noob_2yrsEdenrrificKobaltDarkstar4387Themis_xwsthsOKAYGangNickhammerSpity68Fireballs5Yellsome 49 votes
Colossus
23%
Vdh2008Alfa_PigeonDJSmitty21DukeRiise81deadcrimeRavenrob_33TeddersCaptain_Maimcjs8000Anonymous346Ricardo60289RedSkullDilipSpiderCools 15 votes

Comments

  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,022 ★★★
    War Machine
    Neither of these are particularly great defenders but war machine is ok on enhanced sp1 or kinetic reactor. Colossus is one of the worst options for defence, couldn't be easier to fight and thorns won't be here anymore so what little use he did have there is now gone.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,639 ★★★★
    Both are pretty terrible especially in higher tier AWs where people who have unblockable special paths assigned to them bring OG vision not even letting War machine get a single sp1 off. Both are also pretty awful attackers in any quest so I'd rank them up to rank 3 then hold off until you get a better champ to rank up
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 3,601 ★★★★
    War Machine
    WM is better of the two (for me) but let's assess the war nodes when the new version comes out on 6th.
  • CavalierCavalier Posts: 246
    Sungj wrote: »
    Both are pretty terrible especially in higher tier AWs where people who have unblockable special paths assigned to them bring OG vision not even letting War machine get a single sp1 off. Both are also pretty awful attackers in any quest so I'd rank them up to rank 3 then hold off until you get a better champ to rank up

    Have them at rank 3 now. At this point I'm not that high in AW and the alliance is slow moving in getting higher so I have time. currently working on Unstop Colossus, then Hyperion. due to ISO type and expiring soon I thought I should use them before I lose them. Colossus and War Machine would use the type of ISO I'm about to lose.
  • Colossus
    If your in a lower tier in AW, where players mostly use low-end 4*s or Maxed 3*s, then I suggest Colossus. Colossus will take a long time to fight off if the player doesn't have a suitable character, (i.e an armour breaker). As an example, fighting Colossus with Gwenpool would take quite a long time, and is frustrating.
  • War Machine
    If you have Hyperion, use alternate class ISO if it's expiring on him, he's way better than those two
  • INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 720 ★★★
    War Machine
    Colossus is one of the worst defenders and also he is one of the 5 worst champs
  • War machine
  • GQuantaoGQuantao Posts: 190
    Sometimes it's better to sell or let the ISO's expire than waste the catalysts you'll want later for better heroes.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 724 ★★★
    Neither is the easy vote really. Maybe wait until all the nodes for the new AW are known then make the call. Could be something there that makes one a little better.

    War machine probably better at a glance especially with the only use for colossus in old AW gone(thorns).
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Honestly would not rank either one past 3/30. Hold your cats for a better option.
  • War Machine
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    Both are pretty terrible especially in higher tier AWs where people who have unblockable special paths assigned to them bring OG vision not even letting War machine get a single sp1 off. Both are also pretty awful attackers in any quest so I'd rank them up to rank 3 then hold off until you get a better champ to rank up

    Have them at rank 3 now. At this point I'm not that high in AW and the alliance is slow moving in getting higher so I have time. currently working on Unstop Colossus, then Hyperion. due to ISO type and expiring soon I thought I should use them before I lose them. Colossus and War Machine would use the type of ISO I'm about to lose.

    Forget unstoppable Colossus and jump right to working on Hyperion. He's hands down the best cosmic in the game. In fact I can think of maybe 3 other champions that are arguably better. Both versions of collossus are probably the worst champions in their respective classes. That's assuming you have them duped.

    On the right node war machine can and will get kills. If he gets a special out after his buff stage it's lights out. Most can bait it out or overpower him before that but for your tier he's great.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    War Machine
    I would never bring either but if that's what you're working with do WM
  • War Machine
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Both are awakened, 4*. Choosing who to take to rank 4 for AW defence. And no I don't have any of the god tier Mystics or Nightcrawler so skip the comments about using one of them please

    colossus is great on thorns and war machine on unblockable l1
Sign In or Register to comment.