**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Remove energy in AQ and AW

I would say it will be much better to play in War and Quest without energy! I,as many people, want to play when we have free time and do not let down alliance cause you working or something. This energy don’t need in AQ and AW. Just make timer 24 hour and that’s all.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    No. AQ and AW are supposed to have timers
  • Options
    AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★

Is it the 11th commandment ? Written In the Bible ? Or is it a law of nature ? Lol

Kabam made a game and they can alter a few things , why is everyone so rigid here ?

People react as if they have been instructed to do so !!

• Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    If they do that all alliances will play for the first 20 minutes when it starts and clear it all the way till the end. That will never work.
    I am a fan of lowering the time between refills, but the energy should always be there.
  • Options
    For what this energy must be there?? What is the point?) this have no sense! Timer for AQ that is matter! Not energy! Many players have different time line in their countries and energy makes War and Quest uncomfortable. The main point of this events it is finish! Not waiting this energy! It is not fun!!
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Sure kabam COULD do it, but its not the intended style of play they are aiming for with regards to AQ and AW and i have no problems with the current system either. Sure 30min timers will be welcome.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

For what this energy must be there?? What is the point?) this have no sense! Timer for AQ that is matter! Not energy! Many players have different time line in their countries and energy makes War and Quest uncomfortable. The main point of this events it is finish! Not waiting this energy! It is not fun!!

The main point of AQ and AW is for communication and strategy. It's not meant to be completed in 20 mins or it would have been designed that way.

They designed so you can work together as a BG to clear the map in the given time frame. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

Is it the 11th commandment ? Written In the Bible ? Or is it a law of nature ? Lol

Kabam made a game and they can alter a few things , why is everyone so rigid here ?

People react as if they have been instructed to do so !!

Of course they can but people like you want everything thrown at them with minimal effort. Again, why are you still here? So angry.
  • Options
    They can at least minimize energy time from 1 hour to 30 minutes. It really annoying to wait so long for 1 step! If AQ and AW finish earlier we can use our champs in story event or else. Champs are locked for what?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,647 Guardian

If they do that all alliances will play for the first 20 minutes when it starts and clear it all the way till the end. That will never work.

Agree that will happen, and for maps that don’t require a full 10 paths there will be lots of times that members will not have ANY nodes to beat. They will come join later in evening and map will be 100% cleared already.

And for days with both AQ and AW attack, ppl will just be able to use same attack team a couple hours apart from each quest.

Where will the fun be then ?
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Nearly everything in the game is designed to keep you logged in as much as possible on purpose.
    If they removed timers or add permanent 30 min timers for Aq and Aw, this would limit the amount of time a lot of accounts would be active throughout the entire day and would statistically lower daily income for the Developer.

This will never happen. Like ever.

Increased traffic = Increased sales

The only times I think I have ever seen reduced timers in AQ was either a during a customer appreciation event, when AQ content was changed or for compensation with server issues.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I been playing map 7x5 for over a year now and there is very little strategy done in game. All the strategy is done prior to starting. I have to make sure the new person to the bg understands their paths, brings the right champs, has the skills to clear the path, and has the right timezone to finish in a timely manner. Outside of that the only strategy that regularly comes up is when someone is missing and we have to adjust paths to ensure that Doom/Thanos/Kingpin goes down to get the most points possible.

So I would disagree with the step by step strategy. I'm not saying 30 min timers fixes everything (it would fix most of it) or that no energy would be great. I just think an update of that magnitude would bring a much needed freshness to the game.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Pennywise I found you, what u doing on the forums leader
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

The point is to work together and allow organizational skills and teamwork while accommodating for a variety of Time Zones and schedules at the same time. It's Alliance Quest/Alliance War. Not pandemonium.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This being a debate is telling...
  • Options
    kmac_qtpkmac_qtp Posts: 62
    I think it would be sweet if a BG finishes that members whose champs are released could join unfinished BGs
  • Options
    DUSmithyDUSmithy Posts: 4
    Whether the AQ or AW energy is removed or increased so that they become less of a burden and not as time consuming, something needs to change.
    Healthy people need sleep and 8 hours but with 5 units of energy people don't want to waste it and will use all of that energy before bed and sleep only 5 hours so they won't have any wasted energy. 5 hours is unhealthy and makes AQ and AW more of a burden to help your alliance complete. Are you trying to decrease the life expectancy of your players?
    Work is generally 8 hours plus commuting time and many people work through any breaks they would get which makes playing the game hard while at work. And you can't okay the game while driving during your commute to and from work.
    School has long hours of class where you can't be playing games on your phone and learn properly. Being on your phone is banned in some schools and classes causing problems.

Something has to be done with the current amount of AQ and AW energy! Increase it to 8 or 10 or just get rid of it completely.

The other option is to make the maps longer but with less paths. It could be similar to the incursions map but much longer and with sections or loops that branch off of it. This way the main path can be completed but to reach 100% exploration you must complete the extra parts that branch off of the main path. Different Special conditions can be placed on these branches as well.

Something needs to be done about the energy and these are some suggestions on how to do that!
  • Options
    Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
    Kabam uses timers for two major reasons, force multiple logins and to lock champs forcing users to diversify roster/Max out multiple champs.

The quality of life reference that so many community members keep bringing up is the real factor here in my opinion.

I don’t see anything wrong w removing or reducing timers. Champs can still be locked for the full day and or say a min of 20 hrs Even if quest has been completed earlier.

Basically the community wants more free time back for life, freedom to play when they want how they want.

On a side note, w +150 champs in the game I don’t see why any opponent should be duplicated on any given AQ map. It’s silly, and to me kabam’s way of saying yes we sku’d certain champs to be more defensively sound. I’d rather play aq that uses all of the games diverse champion base.