**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I Crazy to make this Rank Up Decision?

Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
So, I’ve been sitting on a Tech Rank 4-5 5 Star gem for over half a year waiting for Ghost or Warlock.

But... anyone who’s played this game for a few years knows - there are some champs that will always elude you.

Currently, I have Sentinel and SE Spidey at Rank 4 (both awakened).

Since my current 5 Stars at Rank 5 are all great damage dealers, I’m inclined to use the gem on Sentinel to have my first true double immunity champ at Rank 5. I know he’s not the damage dealer that SE Spidey is, but for a double immune champion, he can hit fairly hard and he’s got a lot of other utility with a high hit count for his health pool.

So... it’s level up time and I’m thinking of using that gem today. Am I crazy to Rank 5 my Sentinel? Anyone who has a 5 Star Sentinel at Rank 5, please share your insight with me.

Am I Crazy to make this Rank Up Decision? 34 votes

Not crazy at all - take Sentinel to Rank 5, you won’t regret it
73%
Haji_SaabDuMonUJim0172Mirage_TurtleLvernon15TwmRStagedear85GhostboytjiejacboonAtzerus72StevieManWonderEnvi1Hera1d_of_Ga1actusUmbertoDelRioMrspider568MauledEdeuinkOctoberstackSparx2654dlai 25 votes
Slightly crazy - take SE Spidey to Rank 5 since he’s the better overall champion
17%
HeattblasttbrandinhoPurceluSBlack_SwanBruhMongerVas7h 6 votes
Certifiably insane - this game is about patience, wait for Ghost or Warlock
8%
bloodyCainSpity68mrcyrcle 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian

Sentinel was my second Tech R5 after Ghost. At the time I had the choice between Sparky in tech and 5 or 6 other God tiers and I went with Sentinel for a few reasons.

Firstly, his double immunity is not to be sniffed at.He has regeneration if you’re in a long fight and in a tight situation. He destroys mutants and his armour acts as a huge damage mitigation when you do make a mistake.
    The easy access utility in his play style is fantastic IMO - heal block and armour break on Sp1, huge incinerates on sp2 - through block, unstoppable heavy with a huge shock.

His power conservation and extended debuff duration at full analysis is also brilliant - keep cycling sp2, or for champions like Emma if you’re not confident you can keep her permanently armour broken.

His damage output isn’t as great as Sparky, but I guarantee that you’ll finish the path with higher health. He also doesn’t need a single signature stone above 1.

I would happily take a 6* sig1 Sentinel to R3 if you have me the choice over all but Ghost/Warlock in the tech class (maybe I’m biased).

Content he can clear - V3 literally designed for him, V2 XL, V1. Oh wait.. all content pretty much.
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    Mauled said:

Sentinel was my second Tech R5 after Ghost. At the time I had the choice between Sparky in tech and 5 or 6 other God tiers and I went with Sentinel for a few reasons.

Firstly, his double immunity is not to be sniffed at.He has regeneration if you’re in a long fight and in a tight situation. He destroys mutants and his armour acts as a huge damage mitigation when you do make a mistake.
    The easy access utility in his play style is fantastic IMO - heal block and armour break on Sp1, huge incinerates on sp2 - through block, unstoppable heavy with a huge shock.

His power conservation and extended debuff duration at full analysis is also brilliant - keep cycling sp2, or for champions like Emma if you’re not confident you can keep her permanently armour broken.

His damage output isn’t as great as Sparky, but I guarantee that you’ll finish the path with higher health. He also doesn’t need a single signature stone above 1.

I would happily take a 6* sig1 Sentinel to R3 if you have me the choice over all but Ghost/Warlock in the tech class (maybe I’m biased).

Content he can clear - V3 literally designed for him, V2 XL, V1. Oh wait.. all content pretty much.

Wow man - thanks for the in depth analysis. I’m glad you can use personal evidence since you were basically in the same spot as me. I’ll wait for another couple hours but I think I’m going to use the gem on him.
  • Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    Sentinel is the best choice
  • Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    He was my 3rd 4* rank 4 on my mini he destroys act 5