**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam needs to change how passive arena opponents are.

CulteeCultee Posts: 153
edited May 2020 in General Discussion
These guys don’t throw specials for anything. But once they get a special 3 they’ll immediately throw it. I have tons of screen recordings as proof but don’t know how to post them. But long story short they’re just 5 minute videos of me acting like Im playing as quake until I die or decide to bring them past their sp3 in hopes of them not throwing it.

Comments

• I honestly hate doing a dance back and forth for them to use a special
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    Honestly, I am seeing it differently. The opponent don't even throw the special 3 at all.

Maybe the game knows it won't KO my champ so no point doing it.

Or it could be I am using max rank champs.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,436 ★★★★
    The arena AI is fairly consistent as you build your streak and you should look to realign which champs you bring in to various stages of the arena grind such that opponents that are going to be all or nothing approach (don't throw specials until their L3) you should be countering with either power control (psylocke, hawkeye, vulture, most mystics, etc), high damage output so you can KO them before they can use their special (ghost, corvus, hyperion, etc), Quake (because Quake), or champs who can tank specials (Iceman, Gwenpool, Killmonger, etc).

Pay attention to your streak # and which champs you bring in when, you'll start to see a pattern emerge and you can plan accordingly - early on they're very passive and don't throw ANY specials, even at their L3, then they become more aggressive, throw their lower specials, but can often hold onto their L3 for a while, then they stop throwing specials but still hold their L3, then they hold specials and throw their L3 quickly (this is the danger point you should prepare for) and finally they become more aggresive and reliable to throw specials.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    I HATE Things in arena. The way to play around him is to rely on him throwing his L1/L2s. It’s pretty much a garanted death otherwise. That’s why AON Things are so annoying, you need to bring somebody with slow AND somebody who can power control, it literally doesn’t exist
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    They are less passive depending on the team you bring at some points and they play normal once your streak gets in the 20s. There is even a window where they won't throw the SP3 if you play aggressively. I hate that stage of the streak too but it's easy to play around.
  • sacoma_sack78sacoma_sack78 Posts: 142
    I hate sets 1 - 15, they tend hold on to their sp bars. It takes forever for them to let them go. Other times they don't. It's funny because they're labeled as easy when it's basically an All or Nothing node in action.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    Meh unless you’re below 50% health by the time the AI gets to their sp3 you most likely won’t die. Of course if you’re below 50% in arena before the AI gets to their sp3 your problems run deeper than a passive AI
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Meh unless you’re below 50% health by the time the AI gets to their sp3 you most likely won’t die. Of course if you’re below 50% in arena before the AI gets to their sp3 your problems run deeper than a passive AI

I routinely see Dr. Doom and Thing in the same matchup when I'm trying to get to infinite streak. Massive pain in the ass and the fight is over if they throw a special 3.