AW Tier Drop Before War...

WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
So my alliance was tier 2 after last season, they just started season 18 and it shows us in tier 3 now. Anyone else gotten something like this?

Comments

• ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 875 ★★★★
    It can happen, presumably you were bottom end of tier 2.
    What likely happened is an alliance at the top of tier 3 matched a tier 6 alliance in off season, fought on the tier 6 map which meant their war rating increased after winning that war and they displaced you from tier 2.
    Annoying that it can happen. Similar thing happened to me a while back.
    Unfortunately you have to take it on the chin.
  • OdapoltronaOdapoltrona Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2020
    Same here, tier 3 to tier4 in off season....this is unfair, we coulde make more points now in the beggining of the new season
    It isn't fair that this can happen.
    In theory you can play and win every available war against tier 5 and above alliances during off season but get relegated from your tier because alliances near you got an easy mismatch on a lower tier map which allowed their war rating to increase.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    If you match alliances out of top 5 tier it can affect your war rating? That’s bogus.
    Werewrym said:

If you match alliances out of top 5 tier it can affect your war rating? That’s bogus.

Coin flip for which map. If it's played on the lower tier map war rating is affected.
    So if a tier 3 alliance matches a tier 6, plays on their map and wins the tier 3 alliance's war rating will increase.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,254 Guardian
    edited May 2020
    Thecurler said:

Werewrym said:

Coin flip for which map. If it's played on the lower tier map war rating is affected.
    So if a tier 3 alliance matches a tier 6, plays on their map and wins the tier 3 alliance's war rating will increase.
    Sounds like you are saying the T-3 ally would actually see a Decrease in their own WR if they lost to that T-6 ally.
    Is that actually the case ?
    Or would it only be the T-6 ally in that war whose WR would change, but NOT the T-3 ally in that war ?

I always thought it was the later case, that it would only be the ally's that were actually T-6 or below (even in a cross-T5-border scenario) whose WR would change ?? (and it would be the same no matter which coin-flip Map the war was played on).

T-5 ally could indeed lose relative placement to someone moving up from below them, but it wouldn’t be because their own WR was affected in that war.

Thecurler said:

Werewrym said:

Sounds like you are saying the T-3 ally would actually see a Decrease in their own WR if they lost to that T-6 ally.
    Is that actually the case ?
    Or would it only be the T-6 ally in that war whose WR would change, but NOT the T-3 ally in that war ?

I always thought it was the later case, that it would only be the ally's that were actually T-6 or below (even in a cross-T5-border scenario) whose WR would change ?? (and it would be the same no matter which coin-flip Map the war was played on).

T-5 ally could indeed lose relative placement to someone moving up from below them, but it wouldn’t be because their own WR was affected in that war.
    Yes T3 would also lose war rating if they lost to T6 ally on the lower map.

When my alliance dropped out of tier 3 during off season a while back, I exchanged a few emails with support. Basically told if it's on the tier 6 map, war rating is affected.