**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

The Hood - Damage while invisible is gimped

Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
edited May 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
It appears Hoods critical damage rating increase while invisible isn’t scaling correctly. (See screenshots below)

Rank 4 5* Hood has an increase of 578 critical damage rating while invisible. His base CDR is 721 making this 578 bump while invisible result in about an 80% increase to base CDR.

I took Hood in against RoL WS to test and as you can see from my screen shots, a combo ending medium while NOT invisible was 2225 crit while a combo ending medium while invisible was 2572 which is only about 14-15% increase. ALSO: along with this CDR boost, this ability also makes him able to ignore 75% armor which feasibly should increase his damage even more.

I could be doing the math wrong here but need to verify. Please advise! Thanks!

Comments

• Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    ADDITION: By my math an 80% increase in CDR should have that invisible
    Medium hitting for 4000 and even more since it’s also supposed to ignore 75% armor.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Huh, didn't even notice and I use Hood fairly regularly too. This definitely seems bugged.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    There is a lot of complicated math and/or mechanics involved here.

First, diminishing returns. That +578 doesn’t add 80% more damage. It adds about 65%; but it’s actually less than 65% when you factor in the cruelty mastery.

Second, crits already ignore the majority of armor. Reducing a small amount of armor isn’t going to see a large increase in damage; you need to look at non crits to see a big difference in values.

I don’t know the diminishing returns equation, I use website that does the math for me. https://auntm.ai/calc/
    edited May 2020

There is a lot of complicated math and/or mechanics involved here. ME: What’s complicated about 729+578? Every other champ you look at with this kind of crit rate or crit damage boost it scales as advertised.

First, diminishing returns. That +578 doesn’t add 80% more damage. It adds about 65%; but it’s actually less than 65% when you factor in the cruelty mastery. ME: 65% is still a helluva lot more than 15% isn’t it?

Second, crits already ignore the majority of armor. Reducing a small amount of armor isn’t going to see a large increase in damage; you need to look at non crits to see a big difference in values. ME: what’s small about 75%???

I don’t know the diminishing returns equation, I use website that does the math for me. https://auntm.ai/calc/

All the same, I’d still prefer a Kabam resource look into this and speak definitively on what’s going on.

Can get this get looked at please?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Just to put some numbers to this, I took my R4 5* Hood with no synergies against RoL Winter Soldier. He's got a Critical Damage Rating of 721:

Light non-crit Visible/Invisible: 348/415
    Medium non-crit Visible/Invisible: 542/647

While Invisible, the damage inflicted is increased by 19%. The increase is due to ignoring 75% armor.

Light crit Visible/Invisible: 989/1231
    Light crit Visible/Invisible: 1543/1920

While Invisible, the damage inflicted with crits is increased by 24%.

Going Invisible increases my Critical Damage Rating by 578.21, a nominal increase of 80%, making my Critical Damage Rating of 1299.21. Adding this 80% increase to my CDR to the standard 75% reduction in armor only translated to an additional 5% increase in damage for crits.

Is this correct? I'm not sure. There are so many variables involved with diminishing returns, challenger rating, masteries, and a few others that make it very challenging to know for sure from the player side. However, this does SEEM a bit low and I think it's worth a look.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Knation said:

People seem to be forgetting diminishing returns an 80% increase in the numbers doesn’t translate to an 80% flat increase in damage otherwise champs like corvus would hit like 30/40k mediums

We're not forgetting that. No one here is saying that an 80% increase in CDR or any other stat should translate to a flat increase in damage. All that's bein said in this thread is that the increase in damage granted by Invisibility doesn't seem to be scaling up properly.

No one is looking for an 80% increase in damage, but we're questioning whether it should be more than it is.

Knation said:

People seem to be forgetting diminishing returns an 80% increase in the numbers doesn’t translate to an 80% flat increase in damage otherwise champs like corvus would hit like 30/40k mediums

We're not forgetting that. No one here is saying that an 80% increase in CDR or any other stat should translate to a flat increase in damage. All that's bein said in this thread is that the increase in damage granted by Invisibility doesn't seem to be scaling up properly.

No one is looking for an 80% increase in damage, but we're questioning whether it should be more than it is.
    100% agreed (my 100% has no diminishing returns. 😊). Can we please get this looked into???
    I was really hoping this would get looked into when he was buffed but then... that went sideways. Poor Hood... street thug gets no love. :(