**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best Power Control Champion

Hey there,
It's May 2020, and it's time to rediscuss the best power control champions in the game. Which one stands at the top! I tried to list as many candidates as I could. If I missed your personal favourite, then click 'other' and let me know who it was down below. Disclaimer: The following champions shall be judged based on their max signature level.

Best Power Control Champion 81 votes

Magik
33%
Haji_SaabSpity68AndyB1985WarBros23HendrossTater2510BrokenBlaargoChampioncriticLordRaymond3EyrarMeebletonneglass7ClatoniusCtuchikmrcyrcleAmbjonySilver_SagaBonzodavidStellan 27 votes
Doctor Doom
43%
CarnageQueenSpicyslicerLvernon15Samuel030sarsjumRoOOtsHeattblastt10or_Strongshadow_lurker22Marvel2289Colonaut123Gogeta91199superiorssvpKDSuperFlash10heartbreakid_22Xva23Kill_Grey007md92Dead1MiStaLova 35 votes
Rogue
0%
Hawkeye
0%
Gwenpool
0%
Doctor Octopus
3%
Uncle_Fatty_247Lil_LasagnaChobbly 3 votes
Psylocke
2%
MegaSkater67gianleo 2 votes
Visions (Both)
9%
Osfan8Archdemon_TheAngryOneAnthinhoSPIDER_MANPřìņče01Sparx265BallDeepIN 8 votes
Doctor Voodoo
2%
TerraM_Master19 2 votes
Other!
4%
jdrum663Morpheus_123MathgeekBarryJ2 4 votes

Comments

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Psylocke
    Psylocke and Dormammu are the two strongest power controllers in my opinion. There’s nothing power related that they can’t handle really.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I think voodoo is also in contention. You can easily lock opponents in the corner with one sp2
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Magik
    Why is gwenpool an option?
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Other!
    Dormammu for me.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Magik, Doom, Dormmamu in that order for me all 3 are excellent for controlling power
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom
    Strictly for power control and nothing else magik, but in terms of who’s the best champ who also has great power control it’s doom
  • RenegädeツRenegädeツ Posts: 98
    Sorry fellas, completely forgot about Dormammu. The reason Gwenpool appears as an option is because she can continuously inflict enervate with her heavy I believe. Someone please confirm me on this.
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Other!
    Dormammu, I've come to bargain
  • 4dlai4dlai Posts: 250
    Doctor Doom
    Best in power control im not sure but best champ that has power control doom will dominate
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Magik
    Magik with her sp2 can keep the opponent power locked forever. Doom can also but I prefer magik. BTW, why is gwenpool an option? Her sp2 just reduces power gain.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Depends on what you mean by power control. If it’s preventing specials Magik/Dormammu are my two favourites.

You could argue ghost with hood - assuming no stun/armour break in the sp3, sand with LC. They were the two champs I used to get around powergain matchups before I got direct counters.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom

Sorry fellas, completely forgot about Dormammu. The reason Gwenpool appears as an option is because she can continuously inflict enervate with her heavy I believe. Someone please confirm me on this.

I know her sp2 does it and then if a bleed is up when enervate expires another replaces it
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Magik
    For me magik works well as he play style is simple. Get to an SP2 and she wins the fight without a special from the opponent.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

I know her sp2 does it and then if a bleed is up when enervate expires another replaces it
    If the opponent bleeds you can enervate indefinitely by using the heavy with long bleed and keep refreshing. Deep wounds obvs helps a tonne.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Doctor Doom

Why is gwenpool an option?

Infinite power lock (enervate) from special 2 if you keep bleeding the opponent