**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Featured crystal and RNG monster

TJ82TJ82 Posts: 610 ★★★
I did rift today and got my second featured crystal from it, which is probably the second or third best option (depend on how you rate AG, 1000 6* shard) from Rift. My immediate reaction was like, "dang that 10k shard would have been a better option".

This reaction was more to do with high chances of bad pulls from featured crystal. Infact my basic 5* pull is way better in comparison to Featured, so much that I avoid featured pull mostly. All my featured pull has been meme tier...lol. And its basic pull which has got me all the good 5* in my 100+ 5* only roster.

So coming to point now, how this forum sees featured crystal? Do they really feel it's worth extra 5* shard or is it a RNG monster better avoidable? Does it needs a fix?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I Duped my Squirrel Girl, so I can't complain. It's all in how it rolls.
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    I've only opened 1 featured with shards with the 11k one from the sigil store.. got og hulk 2nd ever from the rifts I got mojo which was awesome just need a dupe
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Featured crystal price is 15k shards to balance the fact there are new champs in the pool. In my opinion it’s absolutely reasonable. The good/bad champ rate is about the same as the basic 10k crystal. So, if you aren’t after a specific new champ and want to try your luck, regulars are better cause u don’t dumb those extra 5k shards 😉
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    An extra 5k shards for a smaller pool with the newest champs, that all depends on what you're looking for. If you're still building your roster, then no it's not worth it. But if you're just looking for a chance at the newer champs knowing the pool still contains garbage ones also, why not. Either way, any crystal opening is a gamble.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    The best I ever got from a featured crystal was a Stealth Spidey, everything else has been disappointing. I no longer bother with them, not even the discounted 13k crystal in the sigil store.

I’ve hauled 2 featured crystals from the rifts and got Groot and Elektra. And the last two featured crystals I actually spent shards on gave me Magneto and Punisher 2099.

My two most recent basic crystals got me Blade and Nick Fury...so that was my silver lining lol.
  • ErosenseiogErosenseiog Posts: 287
    Till date I have bought only one featured during Doom, and got Mr fantastic. No regret.
    And from this rift got a featured which gave some additional sig to imiw.
    Overall, I like my chance with basic pools.
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Pulled a dupe on fricking punisher 2099
    yes these features are ****
    I pulled Cull and Hood from basic, and I love both.