**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Winter soldier?

CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
pulled a 5* winter soldier, is he any good???

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    He was my first r4 a long, long time ago. Used him a ton in aq. I did use a rank down ticket on him to free up the resources for Blade, but WS isn't terrible when he's duped.
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    He is good his bleed damage is good loving my 5* rank 2 winter soldier on my mini account
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    He's kinda meh
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

He is good his bleed damage is good loving my 5* rank 2 winter soldier on my mini account

No his bleed damage ain’t good lol
    His bleed damage is actually pretty good with the Killmonger synergy and a built up combo. Not ideal for short fights, granted, but my rank 3’s Sp2 ticks for a little over 1200 with a 100 hit combo
  • SilverLikesSurfingSilverLikesSurfing Posts: 70
    edited May 2020
    if starlord is wish.com/aliexpress aegon, and g99 is walmart aegon, than WS with KM synergy is dollar store aegon. Slightly better than SL, but still worse than g99
  • AmbjonyAmbjony Posts: 192 ★★
    Kind of feel the same, especially with a 3 step system, duel target, then the 2 stars mission and the rift.

It seems next month we have a store where we can choose what to buy. They did it long ago I recall, and it was fine so you can target the items you need the most. Let’s wait and see the specifics of it.
  • CaptainPollCaptainPoll Posts: 901 ★★★
    thnx guys, u all helped me decide ws's fate
  • Doug4theWinDoug4theWin Posts: 196 ★★
    WS was my first 6*, and the game has since coughed up two 5*s for an awakened version. Paired with Killmonger, Black Panther, Hawkeye, and Black Widow, he can hit for big damage. His EMP can also power drain, albeit unreliably.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Not to rehash an old Thread, but I just pulled the 6*. Anyone know if he needs the Dup for the Synergy?
    edited June 2020
    You never need to be awakened for synergy. Why would you even think that? Actually, if you plan to use him for LoL he might well be better unduped. Without the power drain the defender throws more specials, giving you more opportunities to counter attack without parrying.
    Menkent said:

You never need to be awakened for synergy. Why would you even think that? Actually, if you plan to use him for LoL he might well be better unduped. Without the power drain the defender throws more specials, giving you more opportunities to counter attack without parrying.

All good. Thanks. Just came to mind is all. I just pulled him a couple hours ago, and I have a 5* KM, so I feel better. Dups are always a concern with 6*s. Thanks.
    Agree. With that synergy he's useable on old content... but even in act5 I don't think he'd be worth much.
    Just trying to make the most of my pull.
    edited June 2020

Just trying to make the most of my pull.

An apt summary of the state of the game.

Edit: to get the most from him you'll want deep wounds maxed to really stretch those sp1 bleeds. There are some other skill synergies that will help with that too. All in all, just another arena champ but with some potential to be a fun arena champ.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Menkent said:

You never need to be awakened for synergy. Why would you even think that?

Because there are actually multiple synergies you need to be Awakened to take advantage of, including one for Winter Soldier+Taskmaster (@GroundedWisdom):
    • Winter Soldier/Taskmaster - can't trigger Power Drain unless Awakened.
    • Void/Vision - can't trigger FOTV unless Awakened.
    • Hawkeye/Taskmaster - can't trigger Haemorrhage unless Awakened.
    • Ant Man/Wasp - can't trigger Glancing unless Awakened.
    • Medusa/Black Bolt - can't trigger Provocation unless Awakened.
    • Thor Rags/Hulk - can't trigger Thunder God's Wrath unless Awakened.
    There are more, but you get the point; and I think I've spotted the synergy that was tickling GW's neurones.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    I have him at R4. He is ok