**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

May event review

Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
Warning: this is going to be a fairly long post, a summary will be at the end for those who don’t want to read it all.

I’ll start with the event quest:
This month’s event quest is probably one of the easiest in a while, none of the bosses were a major issue and could be done with most champions, very easy event overall, still waiting on that cavalier difficulty to make things more interesting though. I’m also not a huge fan of 5 week events since they seem to get boring towards the end and you’re just waiting for the next to begin

The side event:
Overall I liked the target system, most people would just ask who it is, but for some you could solve the riddle by yourself. The red rooms got repetitive though, doing 35 of the same quest with the same fights just feels like a chore to me. Rifts in my opinion has far too much variance in the results, I’ve been fairly lucky overall, but I know those who have just got complete rubbish all event despite putting in the exact same effort as me, and I think we can agree that it’s much better to have constant rewards. The chronometer was made to try and mitigate this disparity and allow players to target an awakening gem, but there are still plenty of unlucky people who haven’t seen the class ag they want at all. The potential rewards were high but the floor was extremely low, and overall I’m not a fan. I did really enjoy all of the exclusive 2 stars we have had access to though, and I hope something comes of platinum pool, overall I’m going to rate this side event 5/10

Now onto the champions

Black widow (deadly origin):
She is a champ with very mixed reviews, some people love her, some not so much. My personal view on her is that she is a very fun relatively hard hitting champion, but not someone I’d ever really want to use for difficult content, she will have her very occasional story content uses for nodes like thunderstruck, and she is a partial miss counter, overall she’s a good addition to the game who I won’t be disappointed to pull, but isn’t anything special, I’ll give her a 7/10

Red guardian:
He’s another champ with somewhat mixed reviews, some see him as an amazing utility champ with solid damage, others see him as a very niche and impractical champ. I view him in a similar way as gladiator hulk, in your general matchups he’s going to be solid but nothing special, but his utility is going to be something everyone wants to have on their roster, his ability to never gain buffs makes him amazing for nodes like buffet emp modification and spite, and he is also a great counter to dormammu. He also has one of the strongest slow effects in the game which he can have with 100% uptime, and his sustainability is up there with the best. And his ability to block unblockable isn’t something to overlook. This chanpion is extremely useful and will have use on almost every roster, I’ll give him 9/10, not reaching 10/10 since he is very stressful to play with the trauma debuffs and the increasing shield length recovery

Summary:
The event quest was one of the easiest in a while, but the 5 week duration made the month seem stale at the end, rifts are too rng based even with the chronometer, but there were a few saving factors.
Black widow is a fun solid damage champ but not someone massively useful, red guardian is a champ with extremely unique and valuable utility and will benefit almost all rosters

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I genuinely thought we would have a platinum pool event in the last week as 5 weeks were too long for just one boring event. :/

Yeah, I was hopeful something would come if that this event, I’ve never liked 5 week events
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Event rating out of 10? @Lvernon15
    FiiNCH said:

I guess 6/10, I don’t really rate them since there isn’t a great deal of variation between them
    Haji_Saab said:

I don't have the new champs. (i normally get them 1 year later at the earliest)

But i am desperately trying to see if BW has a reliable utility because the damage is pretty good on her.

Red Guardian looks niche AF. But he will have a use somewhere. Comparison with Gulk might be right on.

She works against miss champs, but it’s not something you’d use over a nick fury for example, that’s the issue with her, she doesn’t have that piece of utility to bring her into viability over other options
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

FiiNCH said:

I guess 6/10, I don’t really rate them since there isn’t a great deal of variation between them
    Yeah but what would you think about the squirrel girl store?
    Also I like your champs reviews
    I think BW deserves a 6, since going against shock immune champs will be a pain in the A**
    I love Red G, but that 9 is deifntley deserved.
    Overall great job!
  • Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    In my opinion, I HATED the red rooms. I feel like throwing in this extra step was just super boring and as you said, repetitive. But here’s the thing, it’s a great idea, I love to use my two star Corvus and sym supreme, but not when I’m fighting the EXACT same fights with zero challenge. If they had made the symbiods actual champs with nodes it would have been much better.
    FRITO_Man said:

Lvernon15 said:

FiiNCH said:

Yeah but what would you think about the squirrel girl store?
    Also I like your champs reviews
    I think BW deserves a 6, since going against shock immune champs will be a pain in the A**
    I love Red G, but that 9 is deifntley deserved.
    Overall great job!
    I made a January review, can’t remember what I have the squirrel store, think it was 8 or 9
    Sparx265 said:

In my opinion, I HATED the red rooms. I feel like throwing in this extra step was just super boring and as you said, repetitive. But here’s the thing, it’s a great idea, I love to use my two star Corvus and sym supreme, but not when I’m fighting the EXACT same fights with zero challenge. If they had made the symbiods actual champs with nodes it would have been much better.

Yeah, these last few weeks they’ve get almost like arena, just mixing up the chanps would’ve solved that problem
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I totally agree with everything you said about the event quest and side quest, although I would rate RG 8/10 and BWDO 6/10. To each their own though. This event quest got extremely repetitive and there's enough RNG in this game already. Side quests should be guaranteed rewards.
    Etjama said:

I totally agree with everything you said about the event quest and side quest, although I would rate RG 8/10 and BWDO 6/10. To each their own though. This event quest got extremely repetitive and there's enough RNG in this game already. Side quests should be guaranteed rewards.

Yeah, I’d be perfectly happy if there wasn’t a single rng based side event again honestly, if it wasn’t for the exclusive 2 stars I’d probably give rifts a 3
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Etjama said:

Yeah, I’d be perfectly happy if there wasn’t a single rng based side event again honestly, if it wasn’t for the exclusive 2 stars I’d probably give rifts a 3
    Agreed. I did enjoy the exclusive 2*s quite a bit. Especially since I'll be able to use some fun champs in V4 exploration now.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You hit the event stuff pretty spot on. I like the review

The event quest was pretty easy, I didn’t mind it since I knocked it fairly quickly. The side was cool for the first 2.5 weeks but yup I got really boring after that. I would actually prefer the modok labs over this since they are different fights and different nodes. This wasn’t as bad as the moleman quests though. The rewards I think were outstanding but the length of the paths were way too long.

I can’t rate the champs since I don’t get excited for any new champs I always get them 4-5 months after launch.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    side event has been good to me reward wise but man was it boring
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited June 2020
    I’d agree on the whole. I’ve got no real experience in the champs other than reading/watching.

Russian Cap looks extremely useful, and Black Widow looks pretty fun to play so that’s all I’ll say on that.

The target system was cool but I think that that should have been your access to the rift upon completing the objective. 4 energy moves is a madness.

In terms of energy vs reward you can’t complain about the rifts unless you were spectacularly unlucky - the 100 6* should have been 250, the 1000 5* should have been 2500 and the sig stones should have been generic, other than that top marks for the loot.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I expected something platinumpool related in the last week as well. Hopefully we'll get something platpool related this month like a boss rush.