**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Colossus Took Your L.o.L. And Threw It On The Ground!

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

See this is why I say Colossus is one of the Top 5 Champions in the Game, I like to think I'm a Slightly above average player Skill Wise but I still make mistakes and he made L.o.L a Breeze!

He took down every enemy on this path fairly easily except for Magik who I brought Blade for.
ยซ1

Comments

• LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    That Evade chance though is some Trash... That was the reason for all but 3 of those Revives needing to be used...
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

That Evade chance though is some Trash... That was the reason for all but 3 of those Revives needing to be used...

I was pretty lucky when it came to the evades the only problem I had in my run was quaking Magik for like 5-10 minutes
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Zuro said:

Congrats I cleared LOL with Colossus too and it was a pretty fun experience. Even though people acknowledge that Colossus is good now I still feel he is underrated

Yeah the most common misconception I see is that he's not good when he can't Parry, clearly that's incorrect ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I struggle with stun immune champs and limber nodes and such. What is the strategy with Colossus in LoL fights?
    Also practice on the Red Hulk, just got to get used to not using Parry.
    I don't use it at all till I have a Special Attack ready so I get the most Damage off those as possible with the Heavy Attack Fury, or you can just Spam Parry till they last less than a Second and get a bunch of Temporary Armor Ups. But I wouldn't do that until you have a few Armor Ups already, so you don't lose a lot of health.
    Lvernon15 said:

Blade vs magik was more revives than the whole rest of the run?

Yep... She was Annoying, she also Evaded the most out of All The Other Champions Combined even while having the 40% Ability Accuracy Reduction!

Also 2 of the Revives I used on Colossus was because of Evade so if those hadn't happened I wouldn't have had to use Any Units. Lol
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,183 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Zuro said:

Congrats I cleared LOL with Colossus too and it was a pretty fun experience. Even though people acknowledge that Colossus is good now I still feel he is underrated

Yeah the most common misconception I see is that he's not good when he can't Parry, clearly that's incorrect ๐Ÿ˜‚
    I struggle with stun immune champs and limber nodes and such. What is the strategy with Colossus in LoL fights?
    Just focus on Dexterity and Power Building, build to an Sp3 asap so you can get that Passive Fatigue on the enemy which is just a Safety Net incase you get clipped. After that you can either Spam Sp1 till you are at 20 Permanent Armor Ups or if you have a Good Sig Level you can Spam Sp2s to get tons of Temporary Armor Ups which when they Expire have a Chance to become Permanent depending on your Sig Level.
    Mine's only Sig 69 (nice.) and I did just fine spamming Sp2s, once you get those 20 Armor Ups you are taking barely any Damage when you do get Clipped and you deal some Crazy Damage Especially when you Crit.
    Thanks. I'll try out Red Hulk and see how it goes.
    edited June 2020

Zuro said:

Just focus on Dexterity and Power Building, build to an Sp3 asap so you can get that Passive Fatigue on the enemy which is just a Safety Net incase you get clipped. After that you can either Spam Sp1 till you are at 20 Permanent Armor Ups or if you have a Good Sig Level you can Spam Sp2s to get tons of Temporary Armor Ups which when they Expire have a Chance to become Permanent depending on your Sig Level.
    Mine's only Sig 69 (nice.) and I did just fine spamming Sp2s, once you get those 20 Armor Ups you are taking barely any Damage when you do get Clipped and you deal some Crazy Damage Especially when you Crit.
    Oh just a heads up you won't do nearly as much Damage to him as you will to other Enemies, Red Hulk has a Lot of Physical Resistance from those Heat Charges.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,726 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Zuro said:

Another tip is don't waste your parries to early in the match up start using them around 15 armor ups for the max damage potential with the furies from heavy
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    To OP that statement of threw it on the ground.
    Reminds me of that lonely Island SNL skit :D
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    forgot to add for fights like that just spam sp2...
    let his sig take care of making permanent armors, the power gain from Emma Synergy means you get plenty of specials.

also i have done ROL comparisons and Colossus using only heavy is like 30-45 hits but takes 1min 45secs.
    colossus playing more freestyle takes like 75 hits but is like 1min 15secs. His DPH is much lower not on on heavies but he can get 5 hit combos off much quicker in most scenarios, build to sp quicker due to more hits has more openings for combo v parry heavy and also after sp2 you wanna be real aggressive take advantage of the 20-30 stacks of armor the you get from the special to lay out as much damage as quick as possible.
    Use heavy as much as possible but don't wast time finding and searching for heavies, just play as the fight comes if a combo is easier just go for it, speed and aggression win out for DPS with the metal man.
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Colossus heated ghost in speed run of labrynth.I am not surprised.He is a monster.On my main account I re explored entire labrynth with colossus.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,287 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Thanks for all your tips. I just pulled my first good six star, a six star colossus.

How do you think an unduped 6-star Colossus would fare using your strategy?
    altavista said:

Thanks for all your tips. I just pulled my first good six star, a six star colossus.

6* Colossus takes time to ramp up but he also works great for labrynth.Your first mission with unawakened colossus is use sp1 to get 20 armor up buffs.When you have 20 permanent armor up buffs then you can just use sp2.Keep cyclying sp2.
    with the fights being so long you really want the dupe. without his sig you won't be converting any armors to permanent armors and in a long fight it will seriously diminish is damage output.
    His sig is by no means needed and i would say yeah he will do fine but you will drastically notice the difference with and without dupe.
    By mid way through LOL fights even a low sig Colossus will reach 20 permanent stacks of armor with sp2's pushing him to ~30 really ramping his damage/tankiness and power gain.
    Without his dupe you would want to begin by using a lot of L1s early to build some permanent armors that way. once you have built a stack by doing that then start to spam sp2's.
    once you have spammed a bunch of L1s and built up permanent armors his damage will be just the same, it will just take longer to ramp up.

So yeah certainly doable and still a viable option but would be slower and would need to adjust the fighting style to adjust for it.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Nice work, OP - congrats.

Colossus's damage is vastly improved after his buff, certainly in long fights - probably not as much in quick fights, but ROL and LOL are good places for him.

I've been debating which to take up of him vs Domino, so tested them both against WS as 3* 3/30 Max Sig champs with no synergies.

In this long fight against a much stronger opponent, Colossus lasted a lot longer and managed to inflict 316,000 damage in 393 hits (averaging 800/hit) whilst Domino inflicted 280,000 damage in 336 hits (averaging 833/hit).

Now I'm sure Domino can do even more damage, particularly in shorter matches; but I was surprised how close it was. Given his immunities and sheer resilience, and that I'm heading into Act 6, I'm definitely going for Colossus at this point. He's earned that Awakening Gem!

Colossus's damage is vastly improved after his buff, certainly in long fights - probably not as much in quick fights, but ROL and LOL are good places for him.

I've been debating which to take up of him vs Domino, so tested them both against WS as 3* 3/30 Max Sig champs with no synergies.

In this long fight against a much stronger opponent, Colossus lasted a lot longer and managed to inflict 316,000 damage in 393 hits (averaging 800/hit) whilst Domino inflicted 280,000 damage in 336 hits (averaging 833/hit).

Now I'm sure Domino can do even more damage, particularly in shorter matches; but I was surprised how close it was. Given his immunities and sheer resilience, and that I'm heading into Act 6, I'm definitely going for Colossus at this point. He's earned that Awakening Gem!

Well he works in short fights as well.You do know that he needs OMEGA synergy.He is beast long fights or short fights.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,360 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Well he works in short fights as well.You do know that he needs OMEGA synergy.He is beast long fights or short fights.
    I know he'd do more damage with omega and Emma synergy.

But then, Domino would do more with Rulk and Massacre synergies.

Since this was a bit of a study for my own benefit, I wanted to keep it fair; since they aren't ordinarily going to get their synergy partners, if I rank them up.

He still Murders in short fights, just spamming the Heavy till you reach an Sp2 will get most enemies down. Some go down before you even reach the Sp2, and my main Questing team doesn't even use Any of Colossus' Unique Synergies! Only Synergy I bring is Magik for 1 Extra Armor Up and +10% Health, and of course Magik's Power Control speaks for herself, I Highly disagree with the idea that Colossus NEEDS all his Uniquw Synergies to be good. He is Great without them, but with them he is taken to a whole other Level.

I know he'd do more damage with omega and Emma synergy.

But then, Domino would do more with Rulk and Massacre synergies.

Since this was a bit of a study for my own benefit, I wanted to keep it fair; since they aren't ordinarily going to get their synergy partners, if I rank them up.
    The great thing about Domino and Colossus though is both have God Tier Champions in their own rights as the Synergy Partners, so you can't really go wrong with either but personally I prefer the Immunites and Survivability over Slightly more Damage.
    altavista said:

You'd have to focus using 17 or so Special 1s meaning it will take a good bit longer, but yes it would be doable. Make sure you get to that Sp3 first though just incase you get Clipped while still at low Armor Amounts. That Passive Fatigue effectively makes the Enemy unable to Crit till they activate Enraged.
  • AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48 โ˜…

See this is why I say Colossus is one of the Top 5 Champions in the Game, I like to think I'm a Slightly above average player Skill Wise but I still make mistakes and he made L.o.L a Breeze!

He took down every enemy on this path fairly easily except for Magik who I brought Blade for.

Congrats bro... I did practically the same as you. i did mine just 2 days ago.
    I used AA v magik though only took a couple revives could have been a solo but RNG was not helpful and for some reason i struggle getting and keeping neuros on her.
    I spent 0 units.
    i had to have more goes against Maestro than you did but in my defense the first 4 goes were with my synergy members just to test the fight out...
    and then after that i never healed up, i only used 20% revives as i had them in my stash but had run out of potions so it was much more economical to fight him from only 20% and revive a few time instead of buying potions and healing to full.
    COLOSSUS IS A SERIOUS WEAPON! esp love him with OR and Emma.
    OML is a great option for shorter fights and i believe using same team but switching AA out for OML would make colossus and extremely viable legends run option. arguably better than Corvus.

@LibertyPrimeV1 @Sensei_Maat what boosts did u guys use?
    i just ran with a 20% champion boost and a mutant special boost.
    there was one or two fights where i had no boost cus they expired and i forgot to reapply.
    could easy be done by him with no boosts. just be marginally longer.