Alliance War Toxicity

nairb0508nairb0508 Member Posts: 5
Hey Kabam, as the Alliance War Season goes further, it is becoming more and more stressful which is becoming unhealthy. This game atleast relieve us from our day to day life stress but as we enter the game and play AW (Alliance War) it adds up to our stress. I don't think the rewards we get at the end of every season is worth the Stress and Money we spend in the game. Why don't you ramp up the rewards we receive in exchange of all the stress we go tru just to compete with other alliances.

Comments

• TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★
    I wish people would stop being as cruel as they possibly can when placing AW defense. I know it’s competitive but after 4/5 wars where all you can see is Korg, Thing, IMIW, Domino, Vison Aarkus and Annihilus I feel as if the meta is just to place as much BS as possible, then we are upset at kabam for making BS/hard fights
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Member Posts: 792 ★★★

Now, I don't play Alliance War; but surely the problem with your suggestion is this: if they increase the rewards, won't that increase the pressure and therefore increase the stress?

Wouldn't you rather the stress was somehow reduced to match the rewards?

That's what I was thinking too, good point. I agree with the OP, the rewards don't justify the effort and time dedicated to AW. But I think the way to balance it would be to make changes to the format, rather than throw more incentives to add pressure.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Member Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I play AW. Yes it can be stressful if you don’t have the right champs and/or skill set. Which is the situation I am in.

But I don’t let it get to me. Because I do my best. If the war ends and my defenders get a few kills; I’m content. If the attack champs I bring in get me several wins before getting KOed; I’m content.

I don’t use revives or health pots in AW. Why? Because it’s the biggest cash grab Kabam has.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Member Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    thats why I only play AQ
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I agree, the rewards need buffing, especially as it’s the only truly competitive aspect of the game.

I find AW fun and the pressure on a good fight doesn’t bother me, up until there’s something out of my control like those hideous lag spikes last week - which were definitely not my device/connection - then it becomes tedious.

Buffing rewards might entice some of the AQ alliances to come back into the fold which would make it more competitive but you’ll find your level and if the loot is worth a bit of pressure that’s fine by me.
  • ch4rnch4rn Member Posts: 275 ★★
    TP33 said:

I wish people would stop being as cruel as they possibly can when placing AW defense. I know it’s competitive but after 4/5 wars where all you can see is Korg, Thing, IMIW, Domino, Vison Aarkus and Annihilus I feel as if the meta is just to place as much BS as possible, then we are upset at kabam for making BS/hard fights

Do you expect players to place rubbish defenders just to appease you?
    I'm pretty sure they like victory rewards just as much as you do.

How about your alliance members start ranking up harder defenders to place?
  • DevourerDevourer Member Posts: 26
    nairb0508 said:

Hey Kabam, as the Alliance War Season goes further, it is becoming more and more stressful which is becoming unhealthy. This game atleast relieve us from our day to day life stress but as we enter the game and play AW (Alliance War) it adds up to our stress. I don't think the rewards we get at the end of every season is worth the Stress and Money we spend in the game. Why don't you ramp up the rewards we receive in exchange of all the stress we go tru just to compete with other alliances.

You ever think of joining a allaince that is AQ focused just a though, no one is forcing you to play AW
  • DevourerDevourer Member Posts: 26
    FR33_HUG5 said:

I play AW. Yes it can be stressful if you don’t have the right champs and/or skill set. Which is the situation I am in.

But I don’t let it get to me. Because I do my best. If the war ends and my defenders get a few kills; I’m content. If the attack champs I bring in get me several wins before getting KOed; I’m content.

I don’t use revives or health pots in AW. Why? Because it’s the biggest cash grab Kabam has.

Hows it a cashgrab, you cleary anrent i high tier aws like most of the whiny AW haters, if yall stop for a second and maybe help out your allaince by not being a selfish sod by spending all ya glory on rank ups and instead of potions youd see that you dont have to spend a single unit on AW if you effectivly know how to manage glory, the issue most of you lot have is that many of you are in gold or lower and when something is hard instead of getting good or bringing the right counter which is like 90% of aw, you instead whine, yes i agree rewards should be buffed but it wont change the fact that people who are bad at AW wont magicly become good lol
  • TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,676 ★★★★★
    @ch4rn and @Monk1 and to everyone who disliked, I’m not complaining about the war being too hard, we place some very annoying and BS defenders as well and make defensive rank up choices, I’m annoyed that people make these choices, they put up these defenders knowing full well somebody else is going to have to face it, and then they complain to kabam when they create a difficult EQ/act 6 boss fight (the MODOK stuff is different bc they have little to no control over the nodes and champions there). It’s the hypocrisy of the community when they place a defender such as Anihullus on Siphon or Mojo on Flow, both fights having very little counters/garunting item use, and then they complain about the 6,2 champion boss who can pretty much be done with any slow/nullify champion and some skill/knowledge of spacings and timings
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Member Posts: 1,026 ★★★★
    Just play at a level that isn’t stressful for you, pretty simple really.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Member Posts: 1,283 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

@ch4rn and @Monk1 and to everyone who disliked, I’m not complaining about the war being too hard, we place some very annoying and BS defenders as well and make defensive rank up choices, I’m annoyed that people make these choices, they put up these defenders knowing full well somebody else is going to have to face it, and then they complain to kabam when they create a difficult EQ/act 6 boss fight (the MODOK stuff is different bc they have little to no control over the nodes and champions there). It’s the hypocrisy of the community when they place a defender such as Anihullus on Siphon or Mojo on Flow, both fights having very little counters/garunting item use, and then they complain about the 6,2 champion boss who can pretty much be done with any slow/nullify champion and some skill/knowledge of spacings and timings

Well, then you're part of the problem, ain't ya? You complain but you do nothing about it. If you're sick of all the BS, maybe practice what you preach before you try to force it onto others, eh? Let's see how that goes.
  • Player1994Player1994 Member Posts: 793 ★★★
    floooooooooow
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Member Posts: 856 ★★★★
    edited June 2020

Now, I don't play Alliance War; but surely the problem with your suggestion is this: if they increase the rewards, won't that increase the pressure and therefore increase the stress?

Wouldn't you rather the stress was somehow reduced to match the rewards?

That's what I was thinking too, good point. I agree with the OP, the rewards don't justify the effort and time dedicated to AW. But I think the way to balance it would be to make changes to the format, rather than throw more incentives to add pressure.
    It’s the only true competitive mode in the game. No matter the rewards, format, or difficulty it’s always going to be stressful. Competition by its very nature is stressful
  • GiganteaGigantea Member Posts: 111
    I do feel the same. Now we reached Tier 5, it will be a lot of BS and stress.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Member Posts: 210 ★★★
    We are in tier2/plat1...don't know why but it's fun this season...
    Probably we got used to flow over the last two seasons and figured out better counters and ranked them up...I know everyone doesn't have the champs to counter flow...but it's fun in our alliance this season...
  • akcowboy01234akcowboy01234 Member Posts: 34
    I recently started my own alliance so that I could do quests and wars at my relatively low level. Problem is, no one else who does the wars is as low level as I am. My largest champ is a 3,420 Rag Hulk, and he is my biggest by almost 1,000. Every time I go to war, I get thru maybe 2 or 3 fights, then all defenders r 5 or 6,000 or bigger. Kinda takes all the fun out of it. I wish we had some input on our own matchmaking, cuz the game sucks at it.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

I recently started my own alliance so that I could do quests and wars at my relatively low level. Problem is, no one else who does the wars is as low level as I am. My largest champ is a 3,420 Rag Hulk, and he is my biggest by almost 1,000. Every time I go to war, I get thru maybe 2 or 3 fights, then all defenders r 5 or 6,000 or bigger. Kinda takes all the fun out of it. I wish we had some input on our own matchmaking, cuz the game sucks at it.

I started one too to gain small amount of rewards (does not matter whether win or lose).

Then I start to see empty maps (easy walkthrough).

Then I see alliances with same strength. The competitiveness returned. Ouch ...
  • the_eradicatorthe_eradicator Member Posts: 379 ★★★
    Kabam hear us out. AW is stressful the rewards don't match up to them. What are you guys doing ?
  • Monk1Monk1 Member Posts: 749 ★★★★

Kabam hear us out. AW is stressful the rewards don't match up to them. What are you guys doing ?

Just don’t play it then. I like wars and see not issue, juts means u got to rank different champs and learn new style of play.

It should not be easy and actually being like this gives people who are not spending tons for top Prestige a chance to get Good rewards
  • ch4rnch4rn Member Posts: 275 ★★
    TP33 said:

Here's an idea, don't place any defenders in your next war, and hope the opposition do the same? Then you wont have to cry.

Im not complaining about any content. It is what it is. If you don't like it, don't do it. If you "cant" do it, then you're clearly not ready.
  • Kpratish1997Kpratish1997 Member Posts: 122
    I don't have a problem against AW.
    I have problem with flow tactics.
    So, far i am good.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 875 ★★★★
    Just drop down. Below tier 5 the nodes are super easy. You can spend nearly all your Glory on rank up materials.
    Imo the difference in rewards for finishing in Platinum aren't much better so it doesn't make sense to push if you aren't enjoying it. Arguably it makes more sense to sit outside tier 5 and spend Glory on rank up materials anyway.
  • evilteddumzevilteddumz Member Posts: 13
    I think it needs to be a bit less stressful - like getting rid of the death penalization because let’s face it some of us aren’t as on point as fighters and the whole alliance getting mad because you died sucks(just a possible solution) and yes the amount of time and energy for those rewards is rough so more rewards. Maybe we could make it so your alliance could help you out in AW like a here’s some health button- getting rid of the ability to gift was maybe necessary but it made it harder for the alliance to help us out if we had a bad day. Like a buff help button or a health help button would be cool.
  • nairb0508nairb0508 Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2020
    Devourer said:

nairb0508 said:

You ever think of joining a allaince that is AQ focused just a though, no one is forcing you to play AW
    I have already thought of joining an AQ-Focused Alliance. But it would be a lame solution on side of Kabam to just go play with an ally that is AQ focused since no one is forcing you to play AW. AW has been put there to be played. And we make suggestions on how to make it the way we like it.
  • 007md92007md92 Member Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    The venom in my vain.

*Aw are subject to market risk. Please read all the BS carefully.

Yours sincerely, deadpool
  • KalantakKalantak Member Posts: 1,300 ★★★★
    alliance war needs a huge make over , concentrating on reducing stress! like saying yeh dont worry if u die once it wont b the end of month long struggle being wasted or something else, war crystals needs upgrade, AW tiers need update yeh 4* shards are really w worthless, on tier 5/6/7 or even 8.! please make some changes kabam!
    AQ Ais need update, may b rewards too, overall as requested by millions since seatin's video game needs a huge make over ! i'd to game to die without having a 5* wolverine or 6* scarlet witch or widely available vision, playable thanos available to everyone,mainly punisher thanos, having a maestro in 5/6*! make some changes kabam people and game needs it now more then over or gamenmay b 2014-2020! which none of us want