**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Emergency Maintenance ruined our war!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jungle92Jungle92 Posts: 114 ★★
    xNig said:

As much as it’s unfair, emergency maintenances are.. well.. emergencies. They can’t be predicted nor planned.

Luck plays a part in this game as well, sadly, in life too.

However, a small token of compensation will be a nice gesture, but shouldn’t be demanded for.

If only we do not complain about such gestures being insufficient and show appreciation instead...

Do you really call this luck?

Being lucky in this game means that you take an sp2 in your face, but the last hit doesn’t crit and you surviveand finish the round. That’s luck!
    This is not being lucky or unlucky, this is complete disservice from the provider and compensatIng players for the lost items should be the bare minimum from kabam.

I really don’t understand comments from the community sometimes..
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Jungle92 said:

xNig said:

As much as it’s unfair, emergency maintenances are.. well.. emergencies. They can’t be predicted nor planned.

However, a small token of compensation will be a nice gesture, but shouldn’t be demanded for.

If only we do not complain about such gestures being insufficient and show appreciation instead...

Being lucky in this game means that you take an sp2 in your face, but the last hit doesn’t crit and you surviveand finish the round. That’s luck!
    This is not being lucky or unlucky, this is complete disservice from the provider and compensatIng players for the lost items should be the bare minimum from kabam.

Well, it's just pure unluckiness that in that short 3 minutes of taking an AW fight, the game had to go down into Emergency Maintenance. It's 3 mins out of the possible 1440 minutes of the entire attack phase.
  • Options
    LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    Guys why can't Kabam schedule maintenance during the placement time... this was a scheduled maintenance by the way... emergency ones we cannot help but scheduled maintenance can be done a day before or a day later when placement is going on the midst and not towards the end of the placement as leaders would be handling the placements during that time... that way atleast war can be resolved
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Jungle92 said:

xNig said:

If your ISP goes down and you miss turning something in by a deadline, I'm pretty sure they're not going to or be obligated to compensate you. Unlucky.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

it should be default action, game goes down, email goes out with package when game resumes. package does not have to be overwhelming. A couple of items and a we are sorry.

This used to be the case many years ago. We would often get small compensation packages after an unexpected outage in the form of a message from the Collector. "The Contest was not running up to my lofty standards" or some such message along with a picture of him holding wrapped gifts.

It's been a while since we saw something like this though.
  • Options
    So just to give you a little update guys, I submited a ticket case with kabam and they said that they have had several reports like this and they were investigating and would let me know asap.

So today they finally answered, and this is their answer:

"As you are likely aware, from time to time every online game does need to come down for maintenance, in order to update portions of the game or to correct any issues within the game. There were some issues recently with The Contest of Champions which forced us to take the servers down for some time. The game needed to come down immediately in order to prevent any potentially larger issues that may have occurred. This is never a decision made lightly- we are aware of the impact that bringing the game servers down can have, and the frustration that it causes everyone. We realize that some players’ time in The Contest is limited, and all players’ time is important.

We apologize for this affecting you adversely, as it was never our intent to upset anyone with this. We simply wanted to make sure that the game continues to run as best as it can. Keep in mind that all players were affected with the same amount of downtime for this unfortunate emergency maintenance.

Thank you for your patience during this downtime, and for your help in bringing this to our attention. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by what happened and we are endeavouring to prevent any issues like this from occurring again. That said, we hope that you have a great rest of your day in The Contest!"

Basically, what we get for this disservice is N O T H I N G.
    This is simply ABSURD and unacceptable.
    The game community should stand up and stop this behaviour from Kabam. They won't even give back the items used, let alone somehow fix the war!

Also, they just closed the case, no opportunity to reply to their emails. That's it, the end.
    How should someone keep supporting this company with these premises?

I'm done with this game, gonna contact Apple Service and report this company as fraudolent.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    If they remove war from season the same people will still complain about the delay in season rewards and bugs about incorrect accountability in war. Just compensate for the maintenance and move on.
  • Options

If they remove war from season the same people will still complain about the delay in season rewards and bugs about incorrect accountability in war. Just compensate for the maintenance and move on.

It could be a starting point, but they are not going to do that either.