**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New -ish To the Game Need Advice on 4 star champs to r5!

Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
edited June 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I have only played the game for about a month and a half and I have gotten really into it and done a good deal of research. I am level 38, I have no 5* champs and only 11 4* champs (i haven't sold any just have not gotten very many). I am currently on act 4 chapter 3 and it is becoming hard.

I have been super lucky in my 4* pulls and have three very good champs-
r4/40 warlock
r4/40 corvus
r3/30 spider-man (stark enhanced) (about to be r4 on saturday when i get the class catalyst)

My other 4 stars are not good-
r3/30 rogue
r3/30 vulture (i know he sucks i ranked him up because him and rogue were my first two 4*)

then all r1/10: mysterio (i know he's good but i have three better tech champs), nova, rocket racoon, magneto, juggernaut, red skull

Because of the modok store i will be able to r5 one of my very good champs. I won't be able to get t4cc for awhile after this because i can only buy enough for one champ from the modok store so i will only have one r5 for awhile. They are all unduped for now and idk which one I should do. I am leaning towards corvus or warlock. I see the point in both as corvus could help a ton with crazy damage but warlock is much more stable and reliable. my play style is very parry heavy (much more than evade) and warlock is great with that. I'm open to possibly choosing sparky but he is very new to me so i don't have his evade/taunt style down quite yet but avoiding specials from heavy hitting bosses in story quests is clutch. Which do you guys think is better for my current level in the game with everything coming up?

Thanks for the feedback, sorry it is so long i wanted to give enough information. Any other advice on the game or areas i should be primarily focusing on(story, events, rttl, arena, incursions, alliance?) or any tips like that would be much appreciated as well.

Comments

• Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I would personally do Warlock especially since you say you enjoy him more
    Also Rogue isn't the best but she isn't the worst either. I have her at r4 and used her in 5.1 against flare
  • Options

Also Rogue isn't the best but she isn't the worst either. I have her at r4 and used her in 5.1 against flare

Thanks for the feedback! I should've said it above but I have played both warlock and corvus allot and really like them both just in very different ways. Corvus is cool because he clears so much of a quest while barely taking any damage but Warlock is way better for longer fights imo so i like them both
    Rogue was my first 4 star and I like her allot, i definitely agree she isn't the worst i just meant i'm not considering her over the others
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Rap027 said:

Thanks for the feedback! I should've said it above but I have played both warlock and corvus allot and really like them both just in very different ways. Corvus is cool because he clears so much of a quest while barely taking any damage but Warlock is way better for longer fights imo so i like them both
    Rogue was my first 4 star and I like her allot, i definitely agree she isn't the worst i just meant i'm not considering her over the others
    Fair enough! She definitely falls short of Warlock and Corvus.
    Personally I also prefer Warlock. He just has so much utility. He's a Havok counter, power drain, regeneration, inflicts bleed but immune himself - good for Mr Sinister's sp1, heal block when opponents have infections up. Probably more that I've missed. He doesn't even need his awakened ability.
    I never played Corvus, but I know he's good. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
  • Options

Rap027 said:

Fair enough! She definitely falls short of Warlock and Corvus.
    Personally I also prefer Warlock. He just has so much utility. He's a Havok counter, power drain, regeneration, inflicts bleed but immune himself - good for Mr Sinister's sp1, heal block when opponents have infections up. Probably more that I've missed. He doesn't even need his awakened ability.
    I never played Corvus, but I know he's good. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Thank you so much I really appreciate the advice! I was leaning towards Warlock but after your input I'm definitely picking him and hopefully he can help me get through act 4 and part of 5!
  • Options
    superiorssvpsuperiorssvp Posts: 80
    Warlock is a beast for regeneration champs and Corvus is a beast for killing the opponents with hard blows
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    You couldn’t really go wrong with Corvus Warlock or Sparky. I would suggest Warlock because you do like him and obviously know his abilities well, BUT if you are feeling ambitious, it might be worth your while to rank up sparky. His playstyle forced me to learn to intercept and learn the AI. Since you said the stuff was getting hard, it is an option to go for sparky and force yourself to learn to intercept and all that.

You aren’t giving up learning intercepts if you don’t or whatever, but it could help.

Edit: After thinking about it a little more, I would take up either Corvus or Warlock to r5 and take sparky to r4, but play around with him; he does some big numbers after a relatively short rampup.
  • Options
    4dlai4dlai Posts: 250
    Warlock will carry you a long way trust me... and everyone else on here apparently
  • Options

Welcome to the forum mate
    First of all Congo for such amazing champs
    Now for rank up I will suggest you starky. Though you enjoy warlock but if you want to get uncollected Starky will be best bet against the old man. But Corvus and warlock are awesome choice too
    And don't sleep on rouge . She may not hit hard as Corvus or starky but her sp1 will come handy and will save you many potion.
    Good luck

Thank all of you for the feedback! I was able to r4 sparky and I’m enjoying him allot so I’m going to give it a week and get to know him more then decide between him and warlock!

• Options
    I haven’t taken anyone to r5 yet and I just pulled a 4* unduped ghost, does that change anything?