**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Average Player's thoughts on Abyss Run; good roster but no HT, SS, or Doom

gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
I'm writing this post because I feel like I am not a particularly great player but have a pretty good selection of champs. I was able to do a run of the abyss. While preparing, I learned a lot from posts and videos of other normal players. While many of the youtubers are helpful, I cannot always duplicate what they do.

Short Version: Aegon, Void, Morningstar, KM, Heimdall, a full stash of revives (not overflowing) and 6k units got it done.

Long Version:
Team Choice
Aegon - 6* r2 duped - He really is the irreplaceable attacker. I know others have done it without him, but I cannot imagine it.
Void - 5r5 duped - Easy choice since I do not have HT.
MS 5r5 duped - I do not have Doom or SS. I have seen some good videos of Magik, Hood and DV as possible alternatives. But it is easy to get MS five souls on the Medusa fight, then she nullifies all day with un-blockable sp2. In theory she does not need to be duped, but it really helps.
Heimdall - he ensured that I would never get shut out in any fight, especially the final fight. Even if I screwed up in the beginning, I can still get damage in. His synergy works especially well when you can regenerate (6* Aegon, MS with 5 souls, Void with KM synergy).
KM - saw a really good video of him against IW. Due to his feature set and void synergy, he regens and power gains against her constantly. He also makes Void super sustainable.

The last two were a tough choice because I do have NF and Quake. However, I was most concerned with IMIW and the final boss fight. The NF/Quake synergy can mess up heavy intercepts and sometimes I get this strange interaction where I get hit while dexing and then the defender misses with the next attack. The NF attack boost is nice, but I had been saving boosts also.

In the end, I used my full stash of revives, the revives in the Modok store and almost exactly 6k units.

Toughest fights -
IMIW - I usually use void or a natural counter against a power gain IMIW. Void did not work because of the super huge health pool and the skirmish charges. I essentially "timed out" and then could not get the power reversal going again once he started the fight with power gain.
Thing - I must have restarted this fight a couple of dozen times. For some reason, this Thing seems to be more erratic with his specials or he insisted on throwing them before 15 charges and then it got hard fast. I would exit, fight a different Thing without a problem and then come back and struggle. Obviously, Aegon also did not have his combo meter either.

Fights that were easier than I expected -
Mordo - Void is really a great counter for him. Void cancels his astral evade and shuts down power gain. If not for the skirmish charges, I could have one shot him.

Final Boss - I am not saying this is an easy fight. But with Aegon at 999 and Heimdall synergy, I was able to consistently get good damage in before being ko'ed. I only needed 7 revives.

Garbage fights -
Howard the Duck - This node does nothing except reduce your skirmish charges. MS could have solo'ed him except that it takes her forever to remove those indestructible charges and then skirmish. I ended up switching to Aegon and just kept criting him.

Joe Fixit - I understand RNG and I could have just been a victim. But I had to use a ton of revives on this fight. Every time I tried it with Aegon, he kept getting health regen. Whenever I switched to Void to reverse the regen, he did not regen. tinfoil hat on.

Fight that was harder than I expected -
IW - that shield really was a pain. The funny thing is that Void (with KM synergy) can have easily soloed her in the longest fight in MCOC history, but skirmish charges. I ended up triple teaming her with KM, Aegon, Void and team revives.

Final thoughts - The skirmish charges are really dumb. I understand that the hole Abyss is a unit sink, but skillful play should be rewarded. Skirmish charges do the opposite. Void and MS were most hurt by skirmish.

And of course, the rewards, sigh.... 6* Taskmaster, 6* Dormammu, duped 5* NF again, 6* Cosmic AG, t5 mutant crystal. I like Taskmaster, but he needs to be duped and his mechanics are still broken. I do not have anyone for the AG or t5 so I will hold them. I really didn't need more signature levels on NF. Maybe Kabam was telling me I was supposed to use him for the Abyss.

Comments

• GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I know this is a very old post. But since nobody has replied at all. I would like to thank you for the good write-up. Really enjoyed reading it. Always nice to see a none god tier player do Abyss. Have you been able to pull good options for your AG and T5CC by now?