**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Intercepted by sp3 after attack should have made contact

Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
The video here shows and explain it all.
How does silver surfer intercept me with his sp3?
Medusa's medium attack has already gone past the point of attack which it makes contact and yet he fires his sp3.
I am aware that medusa currently has animation issues but that is why i looked back and compare directly with one hit that makes contact.
you see the still frame at the exact point where my medium hit makes contact and causes damage to silver surfer.
you then see on the comb that he intercepts my medium attack has already gone well past that point in the animation when he launches his sp3.

https://youtu.be/EUxQhaQdGeg

Comments

• TheRoyal9TheRoyal9 Posts: 267
    probably was a tiny glitch...
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Posts: 396 ★★★
    not the only time combos get intercepted by specials after contact should have been made.
    just the first time i have recorded and compiles an analysis of it.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    It’s possible for the AI to throw specials attacks while getting up off the ground. Also, it appears you dashed in for your medium too early, similar to how if you dash in for medium to early and the opponent is standing up against the wall, your medium can “miss” and they will retaliate.
    there is nothing wrong with the timing of them medium. there is no way that is "too early" silver surfer is well and truly at the point of standing up. if anything it was too late and was at the point he could have been able to intercept it.
    but the point is that the animation had gone past its point of contact.
    the animation had clearly and visibly made contact this is clearly and issue.
    edited June 2020
    the animation passes the point of contact which can be seen when comparing to the point of contact of the earlier medium which does make contact
    i can see the attack whiffed and enable him to fire sp3. but the attack should not have whiffed.
    it appears exactly as it does previously. there is no reason it does not make contact.
  • ZomagedonZomagedon Posts: 31
    This has happened to me so many times actually. And it’s so damn annoying. I think it’s either a connection or a loading issue, he might’ve activated his sp3 a little earlier but only registered after you tried intercepting, Idk the AI is so buggy and weird
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★
    It a Becasse siliver suffer Hav a longer recovery times so your meduem wil not hit him