**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Question for staff

BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
So I wasn’t planning to purchase any offers this Fourth of July but I just so happened to get my favorite champ as a 6 so I’m thinking about splurging this Fourth of July but lately I’ve just seen a relentless amount of complaints on the forum about nerf this champ nerf that champion and I don’t want to invest in this character or this game if that’s on the way. The character is Longshot by the way (I know he has some obvious and intense flaws but when you get anything of obvious value, it’s always a concern). It would be very ethical to give some type of answer since those deals won’t be cheap, especially the most likely 15k unit offer for T5CC shards or total catalyst. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    There is a roadmap supposedly coming next week, outlining the future of the game
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Longshot will get nerfed at some point, we've all said it the moment we seen ccp gameplay of him,

If namors regen got nerfed I can guarantee they will nerf longshots op damage. When that will be no one knows, but it won't be anytime soon due to the unstableness of the community at the minute
  • Options
    That will be my last straw. That champ single handily got me back into the game and getting it as a 6 star made me actually wanna spend again. If he gets nerfed, given the limited window of real awesomeness and all the drawbacks he has...I’m out plain and simple.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    It would also be so cruel given how many times they’ve sold his crystal. Him and doom seem to be the most consistent.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★

It would also be so cruel given how many times they’ve sold his crystal. Him and doom seem to be the most consistent.

Oh you can bet dooms nerf will be along side longshot, ghost, corvus & kamala

It's only a matter of time
  • Options
    If they’re going to Nerf them, they better give him the blade treatment, where they don’t Nerf him directly but just start making everything magically incinerate immune or stun immune.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,022 ★★★★★
    Considering that the 2 champs that were "nerfed" were Cull and Namor and they were barely changed. Namor is still a highly used champ and Cull still does amazing damage. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. They haven't truly nerfed anyone since 12.0.

Take what the others on this thread are saying with a grain of salt. No one knows if, who or when any rebalances will happen.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    they might nerf longshot, but they can't nerf doom. He is a totally and completely well balanced champ. He's doom. He was made to be OP, just like aegon. He is doom. He will not be stopped
    Qfury said:

Oh you can bet dooms nerf will be along side longshot, ghost, corvus & kamala

It's only a matter of time
  • Options
    OldmanJackOldmanJack Posts: 25
    Yeah I also heard that they will nerf longshot and doom. Kabam are losing money on hard content because of op champs
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

Yeah I also heard that they will nerf longshot and doom. Kabam are losing money on hard content because of op champs

longshot isn't OP at all. He has crazy damage, but there are only a couple places where he can really use it, because he lacks utility
  • Options
    I’d be really shocked if they nerfed specifically those two characters since their respected cavalier crystals have been out for like 6 months now and constantly repeated. That would be false advertisement if they’ve been discussing nerfing these champs but still selling them constantly as they are now.

I think this also highlights another point of how much trust has been lost in the company where your first thought after getting something you want is fear.

Nerfing is never the answer, just increase the value of the surrounding pool.
  • Options
    I did some digging and pulled up the mcoc official reveal and looks like they are fully aware of his ups and downs and I don’t think they’ll nerf him after seeing these pics:

• Options
    They also say that if any champ can nullify non damaging debuffs or there incinerate immune he’s basically useless.
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    Why do people think champions will be nerfed? Other than 12.0, most champions have never been nerfed. Yes, champions have been tuned down before, like namor and cull, but those changes were so minor. To continue, she hulk and wasp were fixed, not nerfed. IMO longshot is working fine too. He sucks in matchups where he can’t use his heavy, which also had terrible reach. He’s also week against opponents with not many buffs and incinerate immune opponents.
  • Options
    It’s a good point for sure, it’s just hard not to get nervous when you get what you want in a endless sea of people who are having a bad streak and wanna watch the game burn.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

It’s a good point for sure, it’s just hard not to get nervous when you get what you want in a endless sea of people who are having a bad streak and wanna watch the game burn.

It just a game, why have to be so pessimist about something that even don't happen
    Also when Kabam make good champ this year, you guys complain that they are cash grab and will get nerf with no clue, making solid/bad champ complain they are too weak and trash, so what do you want ?