**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss Rewards Update [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

milomike said:

If it’s about being fair.

Kabam players who have not completed the abyss can now base decisions off their Abyss Crystals when those who made decisions prior to this announcement are at a disadvantage. If the players who are bemoaning the loss of relative shards to others are awarded those shards I suggest that you prevent them from opening those crystals until they have used their gems, stones and t5cc acquired from the Abyss.

You do realize the players who’ve already 100% will also be getting the added Nexus crystal? It will be delivered and claimed in mail, and they too can also base their decision on whichever t5cc they have waiting.

Only difference at this point is the countless who aren’t 100%, now get less rewards.
    If they have spent their t5cc, no they cannot base their decision off of their t5cc.

The countless people who have not completed the Abyss are at a significant advantage when it comes to making informed decisions. Those who have made decisions prior to this announcement are in a position much worse than being down a crystal, they are down being able to make an informed decision with their resources which is far more detrimental than 1.5 random champions.

I doubt in reality it was detrimental to very many players. Some still have a lot of their resources. Many who did the Abyss early have sick rosters already and had excellent options on which to use those Abyss resources. They also got the benefit of the prestige race which is why many did it early in the first place. Nice Sunspot btw. It's really not a big deal either way. It's 15k shards. No one is getting screwed really. I just think it would be a better move by Kabam to leave the shards for everyone.
    Yeah would’ve been nice if I had the Abyss crystal before spending my resources on Sunspot, would’ve influenced my decisions relating to every last resource used on him. I would gladly trade it for a refund and 5k 6* shards.

It’s cool that you aren’t very concerned, but I’m speaking to those who are.
    If you had it to do over would you save all the things you got from the Abyss, refrain from awakening anyone and taking to r3, and wait until now? Genuinely curious. Who would you try to get in lieu of Sunspot?
    Yes, I would have made different decisions if the Abyss Nexus was in play. The ability to make Informed decisions will always be more powerful than 15k random shards.

In the interest of being fair (Again this is why I’m posting) Players are claiming a disadvantage arising from the extra 15k shards others will have from the abyss while discounting and ignoring that they also have a significant and more impactful advantage with being able to make decisions with the Abyss crystal in play. If people want fair Kabam can leave the shards and return the resources and champions to all players who used them prior to the crystals addition. But that isn’t going to happen so people need to drop their victimhood and accept that sometimes all parties will be disadvantaged, that “fairness” isn’t an absolute and sometimes being handicapped in differing ways is equality.
    Didn’t really answer my question at all but it’s all good
    How so? You asked if I would play it differently and I said I would. I actually pushed Abyss and delayed Act 6 while not using any t5cc, 6* gem Or even using t5b so I could make the most informed decisions possible.

I’m not wasting the time to evaluate my nexus options for a situation I will not have which will lead to frustration over what could have been if the rewards for the content I completed were not so drastically altered. but I’ll tell you at a minimum I would’ve opened the class of the champion I used my generic gem on which is an option I do not and will not have and other’s now do.
  • Options
    Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Posts: 743 ★★★
    MCOC_2020 said:

instead of deleting fair comments, start to make the game fair!
    15k less shards are not fair!
    ridicilous!

They are fair. This crystal they’re giving to some people is worth like 30k 6* shards
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★

Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

@culturalreference1
    they are still getting the crystal.

Ofc his decisions would be different. As is everyones decision with anything in this game. The game is constantly changing. He could of pulled another champ that he would of rather R3 in his next 6* crystal.

Players awaken champions all the time to find the next pull is the very champion they just awakened. Or they r5 a champion to then pull a better champion to r5 on the next crystal.

The point is he made the decision to not only tackle the content as is with the rewards in question but then also use those materials for a specific purpose which was to have a R3 champion. This would of affected his prestige, his ability to do content with more ease. Although not hugely different a R3 champion is still better then a R2 or a 5* R5.

generally speaking players who don't rush content are in a better space to utilize the rewards better because they will be pulling new champions or duping champions which all have an affect on choices.

Arguing you should be entitled to something for rushing content and gaining an advantage is just ridiculous. Doom is now available in the basic pool so those 65k 6* shards could pull one of the top prestige champs in the game. But when Abyss first came out you couldn't get doom then. Should all those players then demand they get to reroll those crystals so they can have a chance of getting doom and taking him up instead ?

yes, meanwhile other players chose not to finish aol early and the game changed. so where does that leave us if your stance is that he's wrong because he chose to rank who he chose to rank?

also i don't see anybody arguing that anybody is owed anything, i think the only argument truly is if the 15k shards is meaningful enough or not to warrant this kind of response.
    Do you expect players to be reimbursed if they use their AGs on champions then awaken the very same champion in the next crystal ?

Do you expect players to be entitled to rank down tickets if they ranked up a champion and then a new more powerful champion was added to the crystal/game and they pulled them ?

Do you expect people to be reimbursed for resources used to finish content because new champions have been released that means you need to use less items as there is better counters ? r4 starlords, Gwenpool etc in LoL compared to r5 Aegon

Because that's what your basically saying should happen. After all that is the fairness some people seem to be arguing for.
    you've clearly missed my point. choosing not to do something early is still a choice made by the player, not by any many other external factors, with the exception of maybe the ogdp fight. if you're saying people should live with the consequences of their actions, fantastic, i agree. the people who have yet to fully explore aol, by and large, chose/choose not to.
    It is you who has missed my point. Every time you spin a crystal the game changes. Your choices are affected. Saying that he was at a disadvantage by not having this crystal available at the time is like me saying the 100 crystals i have spun that didn't have say Doom in the pool meant i was at a disadvantage. Unless the game stopped developing there will always be an element of disadvantage until you get every champion in the game which unless you are spending ridiculous money is very hard to do. If you have done abyss 100% you would of learnt to manage resources of valuable items in the game. Therefore using resources like AGs etc would be based on some sort of conscience decision. In this case he choose to use those resources on sunspot knowing full well that they are the rarest resources in the game.

choosing not to do something is by choice ofc, but when have we ever had rewards be changed of permanent content where players who didn't complete it by a certain date got less rewards ( apart from legends runs). So why would people feel the need to rush it when the content was designed to be the hardest content in game. Now we have this situation that again puts certain players at a disadvantage because maybe they haven't been blessed with the champions needed to 100% this content.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

milomike said:

Kabam players who have not completed the abyss can now base decisions off their Abyss Crystals when those who made decisions prior to this announcement are at a disadvantage. If the players who are bemoaning the loss of relative shards to others are awarded those shards I suggest that you prevent them from opening those crystals until they have used their gems, stones and t5cc acquired from the Abyss.

You do realize the players who’ve already 100% will also be getting the added Nexus crystal? It will be delivered and claimed in mail, and they too can also base their decision on whichever t5cc they have waiting.

Only difference at this point is the countless who aren’t 100%, now get less rewards.
    If they have spent their t5cc, no they cannot base their decision off of their t5cc.

The countless people who have not completed the Abyss are at a significant advantage when it comes to making informed decisions. Those who have made decisions prior to this announcement are in a position much worse than being down a crystal, they are down being able to make an informed decision with their resources which is far more detrimental than 1.5 random champions.

I doubt in reality it was detrimental to very many players. Some still have a lot of their resources. Many who did the Abyss early have sick rosters already and had excellent options on which to use those Abyss resources. They also got the benefit of the prestige race which is why many did it early in the first place. Nice Sunspot btw. It's really not a big deal either way. It's 15k shards. No one is getting screwed really. I just think it would be a better move by Kabam to leave the shards for everyone.
    Yeah would’ve been nice if I had the Abyss crystal before spending my resources on Sunspot, would’ve influenced my decisions relating to every last resource used on him. I would gladly trade it for a refund and 5k 6* shards.

If you had it to do over would you save all the things you got from the Abyss, refrain from awakening anyone and taking to r3, and wait until now? Genuinely curious. Who would you try to get in lieu of Sunspot?
    Yes, I would have made different decisions if the Abyss Nexus was in play. The ability to make Informed decisions will always be more powerful than 15k random shards.

In the interest of being fair (Again this is why I’m posting) Players are claiming a disadvantage arising from the extra 15k shards others will have from the abyss while discounting and ignoring that they also have a significant and more impactful advantage with being able to make decisions with the Abyss crystal in play. If people want fair Kabam can leave the shards and return the resources and champions to all players who used them prior to the crystals addition. But that isn’t going to happen so people need to drop their victimhood and accept that sometimes all parties will be disadvantaged, that “fairness” isn’t an absolute and sometimes being handicapped in differing ways is equality.
    How so? You asked if I would play it differently and I said I would. I actually pushed Abyss and delayed Act 6 while not using any t5cc, 6* gem Or even using t5b so I could make the most informed decisions possible.

I’m not wasting the time to evaluate my nexus options for a situation I will not have which will lead to frustration over what could have been if the rewards for the content I completed were not so drastically altered. but I’ll tell you at a minimum I would’ve opened the class of the champion I used my generic gem on which is an option I do not and will not have and other’s now do.
    I asked if you would have saved the rank up materials from the abyss until the nexus crystal comes out. You’ve received value from prestige and use of your R3 champs. Not a big deal. Just curious
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

milomike said:

I asked if you would have saved the rank up materials from the abyss until the nexus crystal comes out. You’ve received value from prestige and use of your R3 champs. Not a big deal. Just curious
    100% without even a second's hesitation
  • Options
    Do I regret using a mutant t5c on Domino? Not in the slightest. Would I have used it on her had I been told that I would get the rewards I got from abyss when I did but then in late June I'd have gotten the chance to get a mutant nexus crystal with 10 options from it? Not even a remote chance
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Never mind I am going to just stay out
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Loveshack said:

@Kabam Miike
    Forcing people to choose their nexus class prior to opening their T5 crystals defeats the purpose of the very point you are trying to accomplish. Previously in this same thread I saw you answer someone about how they could choose a class they had a T5 in but no champs in order to be able to utilize the T5. While that is true in the sense of the 1 they get from full exploration of Act 6, or the initial completion of Abyss, it should be for all 4 of the total they can obtain. Abyss is the type of content that people do in order to change their account in a positive way. Forcing them to choose Nexus class first doesn’t make people want to complete abyss. But if you allow them to open either Nexus or T5 in the order they want, well that’s a big incentive to push for the content.

The purpose of the very point they're trying to accomplish is to add an extra Reward that is unique to AoL. That's exactly what they're doing. For some reason, people think that should align completely with the Cat they pull, and that's never a guarantee. Ever.
  • Options
    Further to that, it's not the fault of the people who already pulled their Cat. This Crystal didn't even exist. There's no guarantee they're going to get to use the Cat they pulled. All they have is a chance to pull something out of 10 options. No different than anyone else who is already sitting on a Cat or more.
  • Options
    Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Bidzy7 said:

@culturalreference1
    they are still getting the crystal.

Ofc his decisions would be different. As is everyones decision with anything in this game. The game is constantly changing. He could of pulled another champ that he would of rather R3 in his next 6* crystal.

Players awaken champions all the time to find the next pull is the very champion they just awakened. Or they r5 a champion to then pull a better champion to r5 on the next crystal.

The point is he made the decision to not only tackle the content as is with the rewards in question but then also use those materials for a specific purpose which was to have a R3 champion. This would of affected his prestige, his ability to do content with more ease. Although not hugely different a R3 champion is still better then a R2 or a 5* R5.

generally speaking players who don't rush content are in a better space to utilize the rewards better because they will be pulling new champions or duping champions which all have an affect on choices.

Arguing you should be entitled to something for rushing content and gaining an advantage is just ridiculous. Doom is now available in the basic pool so those 65k 6* shards could pull one of the top prestige champs in the game. But when Abyss first came out you couldn't get doom then. Should all those players then demand they get to reroll those crystals so they can have a chance of getting doom and taking him up instead ?

yes, meanwhile other players chose not to finish aol early and the game changed. so where does that leave us if your stance is that he's wrong because he chose to rank who he chose to rank?

also i don't see anybody arguing that anybody is owed anything, i think the only argument truly is if the 15k shards is meaningful enough or not to warrant this kind of response.
    Do you expect players to be reimbursed if they use their AGs on champions then awaken the very same champion in the next crystal ?

Do you expect players to be entitled to rank down tickets if they ranked up a champion and then a new more powerful champion was added to the crystal/game and they pulled them ?

Do you expect people to be reimbursed for resources used to finish content because new champions have been released that means you need to use less items as there is better counters ? r4 starlords, Gwenpool etc in LoL compared to r5 Aegon

Because that's what your basically saying should happen. After all that is the fairness some people seem to be arguing for.
    Bidzy7 said:

And you've chose not to do the content yet. Those of us used those resources with the information that abyss rewards were as they were staying. Champions getting added to the game and pulling champions you awakened is part of the game at all times, rewards changing is not necessarily.

It's absolutely is a disadvantage. One that I'm overly upset over? Not really. But acting like only one side loses out is flat out disingenuous.

None of this is that big of a deal especially if you weren't doing Abyss anytime soon as by the time you'd be doing it 6* shards will be far more common. They're starting cav difficulty testing in a couple of weeks.

Lol

go read DNA's post because clearly your missing the point.

One side does lose out. one side has 15k less shards for completing the same content. Everything else is all RNG dependent.

False, one side has 15k less shards and the other is short an informed decision that affects the rarest resources in the game including t5cc, 6* awakening gems, signature stones and above all else the opportunity to target a champion to use those resources on. There are also ancillary disadvantages that impact which gem you use where and which t5cc you target from act 6.
    lol

Your basically opening another crystal. Its no different to ranking up a champion and then pulling a better champion. Or Kabam introducing a new Champion.

All content is subject to change, and that includes Encounters, rewards, Champion abilities, etc. This will never be announced at the outset because our intention wasn't to change the rewards later.

So how about they don't send those that done abyss the crystal is that now fair. You got 4 1/2 6* for completing Abyss 100%. New players get 4 6* for 100% AoL.

I can simply argue that by completing Abyss when you did you accepted the rewards as there were and therefore forgo any entitlement to any updates on rewards. That would then justify why the rewards now have less shards to make room for this other crystal as an extra incentive for people to 100% the content as people haven't been trying to do the content because they haven't been happy with the rewards. You doing it implies you was happy doing it.
    I don't think they should do that as its only fair those who complete the content get access to this crystal. But thats because i'm not trying to deny others rewards unlike yourself.

15k 6* shards is basically 6 months of just grinding UC monthly EQ, so pretty valuable resource still.

Lets not forget that players can't base their choice of class on the two t5cc crystals they get from Abyss. Where as those who already completed it can make that decision.

but by all means keep asking for players to be denied access to the same resources just because you didn't get to use them in the same way.
    Yes I am basically opening up another crystal when everyone yet to do the Abyss is opening a crystal they can pick and choose who to use the rarest resources in the game on while also having the advantage of knowing they can alternatively choose a crystal relative to their class awakening gem on.

You’re failing to see the other side here.

There are two players, player A completed the Abyss, player B has yet to complete the Abyss.

Player A) Having all available information, foreseeable resources in front of him and based on the hand he was dealt from his 6* pulls makes decisions relating to his gems, stones and catalysts. 3 months after those decisions were made He gets the most powerful crystal ever released for content already completed. But that crystal’s Power is largely tied to and possibly dependent on resources he has already used.

Player B) Has not completed the Abyss, not faced those decisions and now gets to use his resources on a champion of his choosing rather than letting the game tell him where to use those resources. But he gets 15k shards less than player A.

Player B has a choice and options Player A did not. This is so advantageous to Player B that the 15k shards Player A has from this is meaningless.

Sorry that the reasoning gets in the way of being able to pretend player B is disadvantaged.

Yes and by not completing the Abyss in the same time frame you didn’t get the same rewards, you got better rewards. This is not some minor reward adjustment, the abyss crystal is possibly the most powerful item ever released in the game. Again I’m willing to play the hand I’m dealt but it takes a special kind of person to say playing with a wild card isn’t an advantage to someone who can draw one random card to play against them.

I’m not denying others rewards, I’m pointing out that in spite of what you think you have a sizable advantage over those that received 15k shards at the cost of making informed decisions.
  • Options
    If kabam came out and said fine you can have the 15k shards still, but you cannot use either AG or any abyss t5c on the champ you get from the nexus crystal and you wouldn't take it, then you don't really get to complain about losing out on 15k shards. There are plenty of people that are in that situation at the moment but just never got that choice.
  • Options
    cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★
    Look, the new nexus 6* 10 champ selector sounds awesome.

Obviously we'd rather Kabam leave in the 15k 6* shards with the new nexus 10 champ 6* crystal.

if Kabam really wants to remove 6* shard rewards (because they think they'll be giving too much), do it to content that hasn't been released yet so you can restrict access to that content to those who haven't 100% abyss yet.

Not the best example of options, but here are possible alternatives!
    Leave the 15k 6* shards in the 100% abyss pool, and:
    1) add the new 6* nexus into abyss reward. (Obviously the option the majority of players prefer)
    2) make unlockable content everyone has to play after 100%ing abyss, to receive the new 6* nexus.

Or, remove the 15k 6* shards reward, and:
    1) make content after completion of the abyss, but restricts those who have 100% abyss already from entering (where newer players can earn that 15k 6* shards)
    2) restrict the next couple uncollected EQ (4 or 5) to only those who haven't 100% abyss yet.
    3) create limited time content for those who haven't 100% abyss but is hard enough to reward 10k 6* shards.

I'm sure other people can think of better alternatives than just having newer players who haven't 100% abyss yet, be down 15k 6* shards in abyss rewards.

Sure, the current Kabam position favors the whales/long time grinders, but it leaves those who haven't 100% abyss yet feeling cheated.

The already 100% abyss people know which t5cc they have to pair with the new 6* nexus. Others currently don't have that luxury.
  • Options
    Loveshack said:

Further to that, it's not the fault of the people who already pulled their Cat. This Crystal didn't even exist. There's no guarantee they're going to get to use the Cat they pulled. All they have is a chance to pull something out of 10 options. No different than anyone else who is already sitting on a Cat or more.

It will be different for players who haven’t explored it yet. They will have to choose from one class or 2 if they have explored act 6. Then after could pull a different class that they would of rather chosen to go for. It’s pretty simply to allow freedom of choice and quite frankly for the amount of units/money/time the content required is a pretty big deal to constrict that choice.
    Choosing the class crystal based on the t5c you currently have is a terrible idea regardless. It's much harder to get a champion you want to invest in than a catalyst which is essentially a guarantee over time. You'll eventually get the catalyst so you're FAR better off in the long run going for a champ you really want and ignoring any current t5c situation
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

'No different' lol you clearly dont play the game.

It sucks for people who do their abyss 100% after 25th June as its a big disadvantage to them over the ones who have already done it. Then again, a lot of youtubers do new content immediately so as to exploit bugs and glitches but never get punished.

Thats all on Kabam. They can make things better but they are trying too hard not to
    I play the game. People are trying to rationalize every little indeterminate decision based on future outcomes that may or may not pass. The extent of control that people are asking for is endless. People wanted more control in the Champs they pull. Kabam designed a Crystal that gives exactly just that. One that's never been in the game before. Now it's, "We can't have the Cat we want too?".
    The way the Reward is designed into the content is that it triggers before the Cat. That's about it. They're manually sending them out to those that have completed it. Now we're debating that someone may have a more informed decision? There are absolutely no guarantees in the decisions we make. We make the best decisions we can given what's available to us, and make the most of those choices. That's true at day 1, and it's true at Abyss 100%. There's no promise you'll pull exactly what you want. There's no guarantee you'll get to use the Cat you pull on the Champ you get. There isn't even a guarantee the one you'll pull from the Nexus is something you'll think is worth the Cat. No content promises the symmetry of using everything you get on what you get from it, and MOST cases, what you get is best used if you sit on it and make more educated decisions later.
    These Cats are rare, but it's not the ONLY source of them in the game, and it's not going to be all there is indefinitely. The decision is not that dire. Is it frustrating when you don't get something you can use right away? Sure. Patience isn't exactly a high commodity among Gamers. I just don't know where people decided that everything MUST line up. That's never been a given in this game.
  • Options

milomike said:

Yes I could have made other decisions relating to my rank up materials but most importantly it would’ve affected the decisions I made relating to the rarest resources in the game, generic awakening gems and stones.

And no I do not play my r3 champs in any content relative to me. They go through EQ and side events but they’re not doing anything my roster could do without them. wasp and NF go on D but never offer an appreciable impact on the outcome of a war where I’m largely going through the motions just trying to survive, they are not impacting my aw reward tier. Sunspot continually and endlessly warms the bench.
  • Options
    ScrSzyScrSzy Posts: 9
    edited June 2020

@Kabam Miike anyway you can show an example of how this works? Do we pick 1 in 6 classes with the selector then we pick 1 in 10 champs with Nexus?

Do we have to choose the selector before we would get to open the two t5cc? I’m 100% already, but this seems like an important distinction.

That is correct. You choose a Class, and you receive an Abyss Class Nexus Crystal. When you open that Crystal, you will get 10 choices pulled from the Base Pool of that Class only!

You do still have to choose the class before you open the T5CC though.
    Don’t really have the time to go through all the posts here so maybe this has been suggested.

Why not send the nexus selector in mail after completion of abyss so people can claim it after opening the rank up materials. This would allow them to have a much better idea which class to choose based on the tier 5 class catalysts they ended up pulling.

Again, not sure if you’ll see this or if it has been suggested but I thought it would be a good compromise for those that have yet to complete abyss.
  • Options
    ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112
    Air98 said:

Are you insane?! Those 15k 6* shards are gonna break Kabam's precious "in-game economy."

Hey I said the idea would be crazy. It would be right thing to do. But it would be crazy.
  • Options
    loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★

Cage_1 said:

I dont get it why some ppl are whyning about new rewards and want some compensation again 😓😓 its like when u buy a TV and 4 weeks later same TV is on sale 50% off! The store not gonna call u back and say here u go take ur money back! Too bad for u! Some ppl will get it at 50% off. U lose some u win some. U can have free stuf every time! Grow up geez! 😓😓

That’s not even close to an accurate comparison of what is happening. It’s more like someone paid 700 dollars for a tv when it first came out and got a year worth of cable for free and now everyone else that buys that tv for 700 dollars only gets the tv
    Which happens all the time. New phones come out and a certain number of people get the phone plus something extra and when the extra runs out, anyone else just gets a phone.
    Again, that’s not what Abyss was meant to be and it was never advertised like that. There’s a big difference between knowingly purchasing something early to get a benefit than saving up to do something at a later date because you’re expecting not to get screwed.
    Things change, it happens. Do I 100% like how they did this? Of course not but end of the day it's a large positive for players.

If and when Act 6 gets changed, should everyone who finishes Act 6 Lite get way less rewards than those that already finished it? No one is going to be okay with that. Are those of us that finished it 1st going to get a massive stack of units or anything else worthwhile bc we beat the hard version? Of course not and I don't care one bit about it either.

It sucks to hear it and deal with it at times but sometimes life just isn't fair. Do I hope at a minimum they figure a way for people to open their t5c 1st before choosing a class? Absolutely. Even if they don't people still get to target a champ they want to invest in and will eventually be able to R3. It's a huge win.
    The problem is saying that “it happens” and “sometimes life isn’t fair” frees Kabam of any wrong-doing or responsibility. This isn’t some random event that occurred because life is fickle, it was a talked about and discussed option that they decided to go through with. It’s not like they came up with this at random, they consciously and willfully chose to make it unfair and that is one of the issues of the game that is killing it.
    Reducing the Act 6 difficulty and giving people the same rewards wouldn't be "fair" to those of us that finished it already. I don't expect squat from that if and when that change gets made.
    Here the difficulty isnt changing, it is remaining the same.... how is that a fair comparison?
    So it's fine for people getting the same for doing less but not okay for people to get less but do the same?

Cage_1 said:

I dont get it why some ppl are whyning about new rewards and want some compensation again 😓😓 its like when u buy a TV and 4 weeks later same TV is on sale 50% off! The store not gonna call u back and say here u go take ur money back! Too bad for u! Some ppl will get it at 50% off. U lose some u win some. U can have free stuf every time! Grow up geez! 😓😓

That’s not even close to an accurate comparison of what is happening. It’s more like someone paid 700 dollars for a tv when it first came out and got a year worth of cable for free and now everyone else that buys that tv for 700 dollars only gets the tv
    Which happens all the time. New phones come out and a certain number of people get the phone plus something extra and when the extra runs out, anyone else just gets a phone.
    Again, that’s not what Abyss was meant to be and it was never advertised like that. There’s a big difference between knowingly purchasing something early to get a benefit than saving up to do something at a later date because you’re expecting not to get screwed.
    Things change, it happens. Do I 100% like how they did this? Of course not but end of the day it's a large positive for players.

If and when Act 6 gets changed, should everyone who finishes Act 6 Lite get way less rewards than those that already finished it? No one is going to be okay with that. Are those of us that finished it 1st going to get a massive stack of units or anything else worthwhile bc we beat the hard version? Of course not and I don't care one bit about it either.

It sucks to hear it and deal with it at times but sometimes life just isn't fair. Do I hope at a minimum they figure a way for people to open their t5c 1st before choosing a class? Absolutely. Even if they don't people still get to target a champ they want to invest in and will eventually be able to R3. It's a huge win.
    The problem is saying that “it happens” and “sometimes life isn’t fair” frees Kabam of any wrong-doing or responsibility. This isn’t some random event that occurred because life is fickle, it was a talked about and discussed option that they decided to go through with. It’s not like they came up with this at random, they consciously and willfully chose to make it unfair and that is one of the issues of the game that is killing it.
    Reducing the Act 6 difficulty and giving people the same rewards wouldn't be "fair" to those of us that finished it already. I don't expect squat from that if and when that change gets made.
    I mean just because you're fine with that doesn't mean it's right. If they do tone down fights, compensation should be given. That's what makes a game fair and keeps it's customers around. This isn't something that you're getting to do with lesser units due to having better champs down the line. It's something that they're planning and changing. So definitely a compensation package should be awarded. I really don't understand why people say 'life isn't fair'. This isn't RL. It's a game. We already have RNG based on what we get from the crystals. We don't need RNG to decide who gets the rewards based on when they do content.
    But "compensation" comes in the form of revives and potions basically always just like the abyss marvel change. Stuff I can't even claim bc I have things expiring everyday already. Is that "fair"? Don't see me throwing a tantrum about it though
    Which I why I said before that they have made mistakes in compensation. Revives need to be better than L2 if they give, potions should be L5 atleast, or boosts should be given and the limit should be increased.
    Also, I'm repeating what I said. There are a few who don't care. It may not affect you. But it does affect other people. Not affecting you doesn't make it not valid to have an issue with it. You have said you don't agree with it, but again, you don't have much of a problem since it doesn't affect you personally.
    I'm FTP and it takes months for me to get a 6*. 15k shards is basically 8 months of Uncollected.
    Well if it bothers anyone that much, hop into abyss and get it done. If you're not gonna do that be glad that they at least made this change bc when you finally do get abyss done, you're better off than you were before.
    That's a very weak argument. 8 days to do 4 paths of Abyss without any prep for FTP is basically impossible. Also saying that your better off than before is plain stupid. They're updating the rewards for everyone. Not only for the new players. If it were only for the newer ones, you'd see most with 100% Abyss raise an issue. Which makes sense. Because rewards for permanent content are supposed to be then same no matter when you do it.
    That is what they want you to do. Spend money to finish it and then turn around and spend money on July 4th. Why did they not do this after July 4th????? Because they know people are lining up to buy the deals and will get units and pass the last 1 or 2 paths. those that really want those 15k extra shards will buy units now if they dont have them.

Again... There is no reason to remove the 15k shards. I could be wrong but when it comes to rewards I dont think this has ever been done.
  • Options
    1stClass3331stClass333 Posts: 14
    I’m sorry but how is this fair when people who explore after June 25th have to choose which nexus class crystal they want BEFORE they get to open their T5CC. It’s still RNG based!!!! Meanwhile, those who already explored and have the t5cc get a Nexus crystal and get to know ahead which class they want/need already? This had potential and you guys dropped the ball on it. Disappointing.
  • Options
    Promises Rank Up Material. It doesn't promise everything will line up perfectly and everything you get will be used with everything else you get. You can argue until the cows come home that I don't know what I'm talking about because I've never experienced how hard the content is, but there are no guarantees where RNG is concerned. Even the Nexus Crystals have a decent probability you'll get a Champ you want, but not a guarantee you'll get one you'll want to take to R3.
    One thing is for sure based on the reactions. It's virtually impossible to satisfy some people because they'll just hone in on the negative.
  • Options
    You can. Doesn't mean you're going to want to.
  • Options

I’m sorry but how is this fair when people who explore after June 25th have to choose which nexus class crystal they want BEFORE they get to open their T5CC. It’s still RNG based!!!! Meanwhile, those who already explored and have the t5cc get a Nexus crystal and get to know ahead which class they want/need already? This had potential and you guys dropped the ball on it. Disappointing.

If it makes you feel better those who know their t5cc aren’t in an relatively equitable situation either.

It’s not fair to either side, just like people being able to make more informed decisions, based on 10 champions of their choice, with their awakening gems and signature stones is not fair To those who were not aware that was an option for the same exact content completed. T5cc while being rng based is guaranteed to eventually come to you, however using an awakening gem and signature stones on 1 of 10 champions you get to pick is a one time affair many of those who know their t5cc have been denied. Being able to make that champion choice, with knowledge of awakening gems, also imparts many other avenues of progression over those who know their t5cc. Furthermore choosing a class based on available t5cc isn’t a long term play, the T5cc will come to you sooner than you being able to choose 1 of 10 champions from a specific class pool.

In a way it becomes fair in that each party to this is disadvantaged in one way or another. But making it so one party does not have any downsides to this deal is what would actually be unfair.

So please if you want to argue what is fair do not compare yourself to those who have been denied the choice and opportunity you are now afforded!!!!
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

You can. Doesn't mean you're going to want to.

Ohh no, look Ive been caught not knowing the rewards of 100% LoL are guaranteed rankups now let me think of another excuse
    No. You've been caught not acknowledging the fact that we're discussing RNG. You have two Crystals that give random outcomes. One has the ability to grant you your choice of 10 outcomes. The other is a 1 in 6 chance. There are no guarantees with that, and you can say that LoL grants some imaginary precedent, but it really doesn't.