**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another Road map Breakdown

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
Since people seemed to enjoy my Act 6 review, I thought I would try my hand at breaking down this prelude. I’ll probably do the same for each of the impending 4 announcements, but I’m hoping to temper some expectations here, and maybe point out a few things I’ve seen a lot of people miss. Of course, the whole prelude is very vague. A lot of this is just ‘wait and see’. But there is some stuff to dive into here. And it’s a lot more positive than my Act 6 review. Not exactly difficult though

Enjoy. If this is your sort of thing.

Part 1:

Essentially revising Act 6 and changing how content is designed in the future. We know there will be lower attack values and The Champion fight is being revisited. Past that it’s anyone’s guess. I am worried about how quickly they seem to have ‘turned around’ Act 7. There were so many problems there that I cannot fathom how they can have turned it around so quickly.

More information on Variant 5 and Cavalier difficulty, both of which we already knew were coming. I really don’t know what we’re going to get from here. The variant is hopefully going to have some sort of reward increase to retain its value. Cavalier difficulty I have no idea on. Rewards, scaling?

Rewards boost is promising. Obviously there were some pretty major issues with the Abyss rewards increase that I won’t get into, but I’m hoping for some retroactive look at Act 6, Act 5 and Labyrinth. Seatin mentioned in his Abyss rewards video about a Labyrinth 5* version of the new Abyss nexus, which I thought was an excellent idea. I’m also hoping that they are moving towards an ethos where rewards have more guaranteed value.

The soundtrack is nice I guess. I play with no sound but this is a good minor thing.

More boss rushes are good. I want to see the return of celebrity challenges as well as other content like that. I will say, as much as I love these events, they need to always be in addition to a side event. Just having these special quests can make a month somewhat dull.

Overall, the general idea and approach to quests sounds promising. We’ll need more details on how they intend to go about nerfing Act 6, appropriate compensation, and of course what Act 7 looks like. The rest is making me cautiously optimistic.

Part 2:

First off, everyone brushed over the defender and lane assignments. This is new information and I think officers everywhere will have audibly squealed when they read that. It’s huge. For most players, this is simply going to make AW and AQ less of a headache when you screw up and take the wrong path.

I’m still worried about war. Defence tactics are sticking around, which I do not like. Offence tactics is a good idea, but I fear we’re going to end in a static meta again. I think here is where detail is going to make or break this. What the nodes are, what the rewards are and how the premise is changing is pertinent.

The changes to AQ are possibly the best thing here. I hate to see that donations are sticking around, they feel unnecessary, but a discussion around stress and timers/energy makes me extremely hopeful. I’m worried that this new ‘competition’ is going to promote prestige wars even more, but I hope to god I’m wrong.

Help system improvements! I’ve never read a more beautiful sentence in my life. I’m hoping the improvements extend past help all to auto help request in the arena. This is purely positive and they can’t screw this up surely.

Part 3:

The section that has everyone, including me, buzzing. Most anticipated characters? Professor X and Apocalypse, calling it now.

First of all, this is going to be interesting. I think most of us can agree that 2020 has been very hit or miss for champions. I reckon their ethos going forward is no more ‘beyond god-tier’ (God I hate that term) champions. Mostly sat around God or Demigod tier. I’m hoping balancing is not rebalancing or this is going to descend into a ****show again.

2 champions being buffed a month! That is ambitious. Considering it’s taken 9/10 months for Hulkbuster, forgive me for being sceptical. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad they are aiming this high. The game desperately needs it. But it makes me wonder why this hasn’t been done before and where the resources are coming from. Magneto getting reworked is some solid concrete information that is an instant community win. Well done Kabam.

The crystal update has me hopeful, yet incredibly worried. I’m hoping it’s going to be in the same vein as the abyssal nexus. Obviously not as good, but crystals like a 5* Class crystal for shards is along the lines I’m thinking, or even nexus crystals being more available. If this and the champion buffs are done right then I think this game has a great future where people don’t go 20 crystals of straight trash. It’s a big ‘IF’ though

More signature stones, no complaints here, that’s what we all need and want right now. Looking forward to it. I am curious how they are being ‘revamped’ though. I’ve got no idea what that could mean.

Finally, duels. I still think we need a training room feature, but I guess this is a step in the right direction. Also, I know the accounts are already rolling out, but why has no one noticed the replay feature! That is something so many of us have wanted for years, similar to help all and it’s finally coming.

Part 4:

Looking forward to whatever QOL stuff is coming. I won’t hazard a guess at what it is, but QOL is always nice.

And arena improvements. Oh my god, as a heavy arena grinder, this is possibly what I’m most excited about. No more all or nothing fights? Yes please. Fewer screens? Not sure how, but bring it on. More engaging grind? Again, not sure how, the arena is monotonous by its very nature, but I’m interested in seeing what they come up with. I’m also hoping to see something on a 5* basic and improved milestone rewards, as well as the top spots in the 4* and 5* featured being increased. Arena, apart from units, is just not rewarding enough as is.

As for incursion improvements, I think we need to see a revamp of the store. 6* crystals, the removal of the limit and 6* shards in the top zone rewards. The hacks are fun, but I think they’ll need regular refreshes to stop it becoming stale. Every 6 months or so. I still think they’re a bit time consuming, but that’s probably more of a personal thing.

As for new gameplay and modes, this has me excited. Hoping for some small scale PVP, but who really knows. Have to wait and see on this one, but it is these sorts of changes we need to keep the game fresh this far into its lifespan.

Content commitment contract? The cynic in me tells me its empty promises, the optimist tells me this is a new chapter. I know who I want to believe. Who ends up being right?

Only time will tell.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Amazing write up, like the last one! I'm looking forward to that 5-Star scarlet witch the most!

It's certainly going to be interesting to see what impact, if any, she actually has on the game. Somehow I don't think she's going to be steamrolling act 6
  • Options
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Amazing write up, like the last one! I'm looking forward to that 5-Star scarlet witch the most!

It's certainly going to be interesting to see what impact, if any, she actually has on the game. Somehow I don't think she's going to be steamrolling act 6
    I don't think she'll be steamrolling through content, but I'm just looking forward to getting my hands on her.
    That’s fair, I’m not too fussed since I have no gem or sigs, but good luck to anyone that does. I’m sure she will be a lot of fun