**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Magneto “Tier”

Lunchbox78Lunchbox78 Posts: 36
edited June 2020 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,
I just wanted to hear the community’s predictions for Magnetos “Tier” after his long awaited buff.
This is of course guess work, the only thing we can base this on is the attacks Kabam has experienced because of his current state.

Magneto “Tier” 148 votes

Top 10
25%
INTEGRALRZRBLADZHeheheh7777NanoDroidNumanDuo_KulioLibralonixErkBrokenHeattblasttRepto23KillSwitchLegendboy2411SociopathTorah13Marvel2289TJ107Hedgedog387LordNeoDisgruntled_User_123 38 votes
Top 20
31%
SIlverProfessorTerraJim0172ReeseSmith14WaynedavyThatGuyYouSaw235RoOOtsMy_SuperiorDrDeadpoolShrimpRmbraceReverend_RuckusKnightNvrEndingZombieZeddancient_marinerWine_LoverCowboyschamploo1CASrinivasX_Factor_AgentLunchbox78 47 votes
Top 35
22%
LeNoirFaineantParth_kashyapkfd2010KennadoMhd20034WarBros23Hammerbro_64ACMegatronBulmktScopeotoe987BadPullsMarcoMaxGamingNotsavage19RookiieJhonST33KevanproGZipioWoody15RoweenaCrowleyThicco_Mode 34 votes
Top 50
6%
KDoggg2017LmaoRockypantherxDylanphileGraydroxgsil6374Ken1378Prakhar_82ShenkAceOfDiamond 10 votes
50- 150
4%
zuffyjdrum663AleorDjin-sixate-EtjamaMetalJake 7 votes
Groot Tier
8%
Anonymous346NojokejaymTheDuke899ClatoniusStevieManWonderMidnite93DonrefreTSM_McocSkinnyfatboy82SpideyFunkoJtheGoatTheMailmann 12 votes

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    Top 20
    Hopefully at the least
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Top 10
    I think they'll have to start off with a very good buff to keep people engaged. Magneto is a great one to start with in that aspect because he is so powerful outside of the game.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Groot Tier
    Hopefully one of the top champs in game
  • H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    Top 20
    Hopeful, but not unresonable, if he's top 10 then yay, if not trahs then it's okay
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Top 50
    Considering the number of "top 10" champs released in 2020? I'll keep my expectations at a moderate level until I have evidence otherwise.

I'm hopeful. Just not confident.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Top 35
    I’m hoping he is insane against Metals and able to pull his weight against nonmetals. Something comparable to how HT is insane against mystics and solid for the most part against other fights.

Edit: please don’t decide that because Magneto exist and will be buffed, he will automatically be Ghost or Quake tier. Sure he will be great but don’t set all your hopes and dreams on his buff or you are setting yourself up for bitterness and disappointment. Be excited but don’t get carried away now.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    50- 150
    He should be top 5, too bad Kabam misses the mark on pretty much everything
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited June 2020
    Top 35
    Most of the reworks are good champs, but I don't recall a god tier re-work.

Thinking of the Hulk Buster beta - that was a fun champion but not essential. She Hulk is really fun, but not essential (one of the better reworks I think). OML is fun but also not essential.

So Magneto should be Beyond God Tier against metal champs and good against the rest. He should wreck robots and but really useful against metal champs. (I'd be OK with it if he's just OK against non-metal champs given his powers.) But I think he's going to be good but not great against even metal champs/robots
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Top 35
    My hope is top 10.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    50- 150
    kfd2010 said:

Thinking of the Hulk Buster beta - that was a fun champion but not essential. She Hulk is really fun, but not essential (one of the better reworks I think). OML is fun but also not essential.

So Magneto should be Beyond God Tier against metal champs and good against the rest. He should wreck robots and but really useful against metal champs. (I'd be OK with it if he's just OK against non-metal champs given his powers.) But I think he's going to be good but not great against even metal champs/robots

Actually, shehulk is god tier for sure. Can deal with unstoppable, evade, has taint, reverses power gain, regen, and her damage is potentially unlimited. Plus when she was buffed, she was the best 6.2 boss counter, so I wouldn't call it not essential. I'd say she is the best of buffed champions
    Oml, on the other hand, is a terrible buff imo. All they did basically is put his buff activation on using sps and made his regen worse. The worst buff so far
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Groot Tier
    Aleor said:

kfd2010 said:

Actually, shehulk is god tier for sure. Can deal with unstoppable, evade, has taint, reverses power gain, regen, and her damage is potentially unlimited. Plus when she was buffed, she was the best 6.2 boss counter, so I wouldn't call it not essential. I'd say she is the best of buffed champions
    Oml, on the other hand, is a terrible buff imo. All they did basically is put his buff activation on using sps and made his regen worse. The worst buff so far
    Oml is so much better now imo. Enjoy him a lot more
  • Cowboyschamploo1Cowboyschamploo1 Posts: 414 ★★★
    Top 20
    kfd2010 said:

Colossus and Venom said hey
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Depends on if they redo the Metal Tag to actually apply it to All Champions that use Metal, like Corvus has a Metal Glaive and Chainmail Armor but isn't counted as Metal and Domino has Metal Guns on her Person and uses Several but still isn't considered Metal...
    Maybe if they add Different Levels of the Metal Tag so Champions like Iron Man take the Full Force of Magneto's Abilities and Champions like Massacre who has Metal Buttons and Ammunition Casings on his person take less Potency but still activates Magnetos abilities, then I think he'd be a Monster while still Balanced.
    kfd2010 said:

I Soloed a Labyrinth of Legends Path with Colossus, minus Magik but she can be ko'ed with him, and only spent 40 Units... As well he can win an Auto Fight against Realm of Legends Champions, and much more crazy stuff because his ENORMOUS Defenses/Immunites and Damage. So yeah no he's At Least God Tier can't be argued, and I say he's one of the Top 5 Champions in the game right now...

Then of course you've got Venom, SpiderGwen, She Hulk, Red Hulk, Luke Cage, Carnage with some of the Highest Damage Potentials and some have Insanely Useful Utility, all arguably or definitely God Tier at least.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Top 20
    kfd2010 said:

she-hulk is actually a solid god tier-beyond god tier champ. She's also one of the better counters for the 6.2 champion.
    PS. what about colossus? He's arguably the best mutant in the game
  • MitriaxMitriax Posts: 215 ★★
    This thread is so useless...
  • MathgeekMathgeek Posts: 609 ★★★
    Top 20

Groot is the best champ in the game, so Magneto should be up there.

I feel kinda bad for the guy who has an 5/65 Magneto for the memes. On one hand he’s getting buffed, but in the other he can’t flex the 5/65 Magneto anymore

Darn it I meant to put groot
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    Top 35
    So many god tiers in this game he would probably range from 25-35. Hoping for the best!
    Top 35

Depends on if they redo the Metal Tag to actually apply it to All Champions that use Metal, like Corvus has a Metal Glaive and Chainmail Armor but isn't counted as Metal and Domino has Metal Guns on her Person and uses Several but still isn't considered Metal...
    Maybe if they add Different Levels of the Metal Tag so Champions like Iron Man take the Full Force of Magneto's Abilities and Champions like Massacre who has Metal Buttons and Ammunition Casings on his person take less Potency but still activates Magnetos abilities, then I think he'd be a Monster while still Balanced.

Dominos guns MIGHT be a different story, but I’m almost positive Magneto can only affect ferromagnetic materials with his powers (in the comics, later sentinels were made of non-ferrous metal and he wasn’t able to simply tear them apart. That being said, Corvus’s chain mail and Glaive might not be ferrous. Also why all the Vibranium-users (All Caps, BPs, and KM) aren’t counted as metal: it’s not magnetic like that.
    Top 35
    Mitriax said:

This thread is so useless...

In before somebody says “This comment is useless”
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Top 35
    Maybe he should have a reversed advantage. Like good against tech and bad against skill.

Dominos guns MIGHT be a different story, but I’m almost positive Magneto can only affect ferromagnetic materials with his powers (in the comics, later sentinels were made of non-ferrous metal and he wasn’t able to simply tear them apart. That being said, Corvus’s chain mail and Glaive might not be ferrous. Also why all the Vibranium-users (All Caps, BPs, and KM) aren’t counted as metal: it’s not magnetic like that.
    Those were just quick examples, if they really want to put that much Detail into it then they could also count any Metal Belt Buckles or tiny things like that on Clothing. Also what if even one mechanism inside the Weapon was Metal he could control, we've seen him use not even a spoon full of Metal to end people.
  • DrDeadpoolDrDeadpool Posts: 170 ★★
    Top 20
    Im hoping top 20 overall but if he can get to top 10 overall and top 3 in the mutant class, that would be amazing
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Top 35
    He is going to be good not great and their are way to many great champions that Magneto has no chance at being better than
  • SPIDER_MANSPIDER_MAN Posts: 136
    Top 10
    Is it being too trusting of Kabam to take a duped magneto from r3 to r5 now😂
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    50- 150
    Guess who I pulled as the second 6* in my baby account? Red magneto. I hope his buff will be super awesome and will not take as long as HB.