**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War Bundle - Overflow Expiration

TdogTdog Posts: 25
I purchased 3 of the alliance war bundles that we’re recently offered. Part of this bundle included 5 Level 3 Team Revives and 5 Level 3 Team Health Potions. So buying the maximum of 3 bundles gave 15 of each of these items. Since I did not already own these items, I had no way of knowing what the limit would be set at. In fact, the thought never even crossed my mind that the limit would be set lower than the max purchase amount. But sure enough, after I made the purchase, I saw that the limit for my account was 13 for each of these items. I have the Summoner’s Sigil so I’m guessing the actual limit is 10 for non-sigil accounts.

I checked my overflow, and there are 2 team revives and 2 team health potions sitting there. On top of that, they have only a 14-day expiration. Even the AW health potions we can buy with Glory have a 30-day expiration in the overflow.

This is particularly concerning because these offers were made right around the start of a 3-week offseason period. A time during which many alliances and individuals do not use items. You must know this Kabam. So you effectively sold 2 -5 extra items knowing they would need to be used during the offseason.
There was absolutely no disclosure.

I’ve waited a couple of days thinking that this would be corrected by having the limit for these items increased to at least 15. Frankly I don’t understand how items purchased with actual money (not units) are allowed to have any expiration at all. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Apple’s in-app purchase rules can comment.

In any case, I respectfully request that the base item limit for any items purchased from these offers be increased to at least the maximum amount that could be purchased. That would be 15 for non-sigil accounts. Sigil accounts should have the extra 25% limit on top of this.

I am posting this in the forum rather than submitting a ticket, because this is an issue that affects others who purchased the offers and should not be handled on a case-by-case basis. This should be rectified for everyone who made the purchase.

Comments

• Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    Unfortunately this is the case w just about all resources.

The “limits” are what they are, regardless of how unreasonable some may be.

Sorry to say they won’t increase the capacity on these, so you should plan to use the ones in your stash before they expire.
  • Options
    I appreciate the comments but I respectfully disagree. This was a new bundle offer for relatively new items that Kabam could not reasonably expect players to know the limit for. Not like Signature Stones, for example, that have been widely available for a long time and that all players get for free for just playing the game. In that case, a player can and should know what the limit is for before making an actual purchase.

I’m just asking Kabam to do the right thing and recognize they set the limit for these items too low. With a limit of 10 they should have set the purchase limit at 2 bundles. But they set it at 3 bundles, so they need to increase the limit accordingly. It’s really not even debatable. And I’m guessing Apple would agree.
  • Options

You can probably Report it to Apple, p.s you can request a refund as no item purchased with real money should have a expiry date.. where not talking about a Pizza bought are we??

I know of another game they got fined for selling items which expired... guess many here don't really report and just get on with life.

Luciano

Thanks for the info about another game being fined for selling items that expired. I honestly debated about posting anything because I do have a life outside this game, and it is “just a couple of items.” But it’s the principal of it that bothers me so much. Hopefully it was just an honest mistake on Kabam’s part. I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Your point about the limit is kinda ridiculous as purchased items display the item cap.

Apple’s policy is about currency and the like, good luck.

All pots aside incursions are 14 days.

Regardless contact support as they have the powa. Best wishes.

• Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    I understand your frustration, but I’m just being brutally honest, no point in sugar coating or giving you false hopes.

Apple MIGHT issue a refund, but I vaguely remember that Kabam had a counter for refund requests where your in-game unit count would be a negative value until you purchased a resolution package, this was done because of numerous fraudulent claims; not saying you’re being dishonest, again just stating what happened in past cases, I can’t say for certain this is still a thing.

Discussing your situation w Apple would be your best option because the forum mods will either ignore your request or tell you to contact support.

I wouldn’t waste too much of your energy on the demand to increase the item limit, it won’t happen, which is just going to make you more upset.
  • Options

I understand your frustration, but I’m just being brutally honest, no point in sugar coating or giving you false hopes.

Apple MIGHT issue a refund, but I vaguely remember that Kabam had a counter for refund requests where your in-game unit count would be a negative value until you purchased a resolution package, this was done because of numerous fraudulent claims; not saying you’re being dishonest, again just stating what happened in past cases, I can’t say for certain this is still a thing.

Discussing your situation w Apple would be your best option because the forum mods will either ignore your request or tell you to contact support.

I wouldn’t waste too much of your energy on the demand to increase the item limit, it won’t happen, which is just going to make you more upset.

Definitely appreciate the insights. I will probably just contact Apple and find out the actual rules aorund expiration of items purchased with money.
  • Options

Your point about the limit is kinda ridiculous as purchased items display the item cap.

Apple’s policy is about currency and the like, good luck.

All pots aside incursions are 14 days.

Regardless contact support as they have the powa. Best wishes.

You know may be right about the item limit being displayed in tiny little print on the purchase page. To be honest, I didn’t notice or pay attention when I bought the bundles. It doesn’t change any of the other points made, or negate the question of whether items purchased with money are allowed to expire per Apple’s agreements with game developers.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Nothing is preventing you from using the items now. I realize it's the offseason but you were the one to purchase them. If kabam didn't put a purchase limit on the deals does that mean they aren't allowed to put a cap on how many you can keep in your inventory? It clearly showed the inventory level and you purchased over that amount. It's not kabams fault you didn't read what you were purchasing. I don't see how it's kabams fault that you didn't read the description on what you were buying.
  • Options
    First, support is your first step here not Apple.

Search Apple’s policy, you’re taking the word about companies being fined from someone who thinks thoughts are facts and doesn’t question himself or verify his assertions.

Searched it for you. https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#in-app-purchase
    “Any credits or in-game currencies purchased via in-app purchase may not expire, and you should make sure you have a restore mechanism for any restorable in-app purchases.”

• Options

First, support is your first step here not Apple.

Search Apple’s policy, you’re taking the word about companies being fined from someone who thinks thoughts are facts and doesn’t question himself or verify his assertions.

Searched it for you. https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#in-app-purchase
    “Any credits or in-game currencies purchased via in-app purchase may not expire, and you should make sure you have a restore mechanism for any restorable in-app purchases.”

Thank you. I had just found the same the exact same page and reference.
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

Nothing is preventing you from using the items now. I realize it's the offseason but you were the one to purchase them. If kabam didn't put a purchase limit on the deals does that mean they aren't allowed to put a cap on how many you can keep in your inventory? It clearly showed the inventory level and you purchased over that amount. It's not kabams fault you didn't read what you were purchasing. I don't see how it's kabams fault that you didn't read the description on what you were buying.

Nothing is preventing me from wasting all my items on any game mode. But I shouldn’t be forced to use them when I don’t want to because Kabam set too low of a limit and too short of an overflow expiration. Fine, I’ve conceded that I didn’t read the fine print. Mea Culpa. But how is a 14-day overflow expiration for items purchased with money fair when similar items “purchased” with Glory have a 30-day expiration? Not to mention the developer reference that says credits and currencies purchased in-app can’t expire. This actually seems like a much bigger issue. Surprised no one seems to care.
  • Options
    Similar items purchased with glory also have 14 days...
  • Options
    I also disagree that Support is the first option here. These sorts of things should be discussed publicly if there is a broad issue. And if the company won’t take appropriate corrective action, then Apple/Google should step in.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

That’s not true. I have purchased Tier 4 Alliance health potions with Glory and they have a 30-day expiration. That I know for a fact.
  • Options
    Tdog said:

That’s not true. I have purchased Tier 4 Alliance health potions with Glory and they have a 30-day expiration. That I know for a fact.
    Tdog said:

I also disagree that Support is the first option here. These sorts of things should be discussed publicly if there is a broad issue. And if the company won’t take appropriate corrective action, then Apple/Google should step in.

The broad issue of not being aware of what you’re buying? That’s what is going on here, you purchased items without thought. Caveat Emptor. There is no reason for anyone to step in when you were informed of, and agreed to the terms, prior to sale.

You sure about 30 day t4 pots? Has me questioning it to where I almost want to spend the units and glory to find out. But if that is the case then take that information to support and make that your issue, all this other stuff is nonsense but that one point might make for a change and Apple/Google do not have the power to enact that change.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

The broad issue of not being aware of what you’re buying? That’s what is going on here, you purchased items without thought. Caveat Emptor. There is no reason for anyone to step in when you were informed of, and agreed to the terms, prior to sale.

You sure about 30 day t4 pots? Has me questioning it to where I almost want to spend the units and glory to find out. But if that is the case then take that information to support and make that your issue, all this other stuff is nonsense but that one point might make for a change and Apple/Google do not have the power to enact that change.
    Yes I am sure about the 30 days for T4 alliance health potions so don’t waste your units or Glory. I don’t have any in overflow right now or I’d post a screen shot.

I am confused about something though... you posted the link to the developers’ site that says credits and currencies purchased in-app can’t expire. Yet you say Apple/Google has no power to enact change. How are these revives and health potions not a form of a credit purchased for the purpose of reviving and healing an AW attack team? Or is there some very narrow definition of “credit” that you are considering?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    And the broad issue I was referring to is that of items purchased with money having a potentially very short expiration. How does that align with the requirements for developers to not allow in-app credits and currencies to expire?

Something feels very off here about allowing purchased items to expire. And it probably is apathy from the overall player community combined with a general bias towards players that spend money that has allowed this to persist. People forget that the game wouldn’t exist at the level it currently does without both players who spend money and players who don’t spend (thus making a large enough player base).
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    One more thing, then I’m going to shut up for a bit. The title of my post focused on the overflow expiration because that was my biggest gripe. 14 days for items purchased with real money vs. 30 days for items purchased with “play money.”

The question of whether there should be an expiration at all for purchased items is now what I’m most curious about.
  • Options
    Go ahead contact Apple, maybe they are completely unaware and you’ll be the first person in 5 years to bring this up to them, something tells me this is not the case.
  • Options
    Tdog said:

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

Yes I am sure about the 30 days for T4 alliance health potions so don’t waste your units or Glory. I don’t have any in overflow right now or I’d post a screen shot.

I am confused about something though... you posted the link to the developers’ site that says credits and currencies purchased in-app can’t expire. Yet you say Apple/Google has no power to enact change. How are these revives and health potions not a form of a credit purchased for the purpose of reviving and healing an AW attack team? Or is there some very narrow definition of “credit” that you are considering?
    You purchased an item. You didn't purchase credit or currency. Credits and currency are things like units. That's the games equivalent of currency or credits. That's why units don't expire. You purchased items with cash. That's why they are able to have an expiration date. An item isn't the same as currency.
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

You purchased an item. You didn't purchase credit or currency. Credits and currency are things like units. That's the games equivalent of currency or credits. That's why units don't expire. You purchased items with cash. That's why they are able to have an expiration date. An item isn't the same as currency.
    The broadest definition of currency is “something that is used as a medium of exchange.” I can exchange a revive for the opportunity to continue to fighting in alliance war, or I can exchange a health potion for additional health.

The point is that currency, credit, items, etc. that are purchased with money should not expire. Now whether that is what Apple’s Developer Agreement actually means, I don’t know. Buy whether that’s the way MCoC and all mobile games SHOULD work is something that no player in their right mind would dispute. Only the company would argue against no expiration for purchased items. I’m guessing they would set the smallest limits and shortest overflow timeframes they could get away with (or have no overflow at all). Kabam could set up two overflow buckets, one for items earned in game that has an expiration, and one for items purchased that has no expiration.

And to CoatHanger’s point about it being this way for 5 years, look at drop rates. Those weren’t disclosed for years until they were. So I don’t buy the argument that if this was an issue it would have already been addressed.
  • Options
    Something tells me you don’t even believe yourself or you would be writing to Apple and not the forums.
  • Options

Something tells me you don’t even believe yourself or you would be writing to Apple and not the forums.

Doing one doesn’t mean I’m not doing the other. Does it?
  • Options
    Tdog said:

Neotwism said:

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

The broadest definition of currency is “something that is used as a medium of exchange.” I can exchange a revive for the opportunity to continue to fighting in alliance war, or I can exchange a health potion for additional health.

The point is that currency, credit, items, etc. that are purchased with money should not expire. Now whether that is what Apple’s Developer Agreement actually means, I don’t know. Buy whether that’s the way MCoC and all mobile games SHOULD work is something that no player in their right mind would dispute. Only the company would argue against no expiration for purchased items. I’m guessing they would set the smallest limits and shortest overflow timeframes they could get away with (or have no overflow at all). Kabam could set up two overflow buckets, one for items earned in game that has an expiration, and one for items purchased that has no expiration.

And to CoatHanger’s point about it being this way for 5 years, look at drop rates. Those weren’t disclosed for years until they were. So I don’t buy the argument that if this was an issue it would have already been addressed.
    So your point is you believe nothing in the game should expire but you purchased items that clearly showed the inventory limit. It just sounds like you weren't paying attention and now regret your purchase. If your not happy about the items simply open a ticket and see if you can return one of the bundles. The belief that no items should ever expire is a completely separate issue. Do you really believe that a health pot or revive are the same thing as currency or money?
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

Tdog said:

Neotwism said:

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

Tdog said:

So your point is you believe nothing in the game should expire but you purchased items that clearly showed the inventory limit. It just sounds like you weren't paying attention and now regret your purchase. If your not happy about the items simply open a ticket and see if you can return one of the bundles. The belief that no items should ever expire is a completely separate issue. Do you really believe that a health pot or revive are the same thing as currency or money?
    Obviously I missed being clear in making my point. My bad, truly. I wrote too much and the point was lost. And it did kind of evolve as I thought more about it.

My point is that items, currency, credits, etc. that are PURCHASED WITH REAL MONEY should not expire. There is already a provision in Apple’s developer guidelines that prohibits in-app currency from expiring. But “currency” is just semantics. Units can only be used in the game just like health potions and revives. So is it really currency? By the broadest definition, items are currency as well.

People spend real money that actually supports this game and provides revenue to pay Kabam employees. Why should anything people spend money on in this game expire though? It’s all just 1s and 0s at the end of the day.

Now, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with items expiring that we receive for free or for just playing the game. That is a Kabam decision that they need to balance with making the overall player base happy.

I’m not all that succinct when I write, but I hope that makes more sense.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I bought some eggs and the shop had the audacity to put a label on saying when they expire! I paid my own money for those eggs, how very dare they!

I didn't take my entitely self back to the shop to speak to someone about it though. I went to the park and started screaming at other people instead for, purely for attention.
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Tdog said:

I purchased 3 of the alliance war bundles that we’re recently offered. Part of this bundle included 5 Level 3 Team Revives and 5 Level 3 Team Health Potions. So buying the maximum of 3 bundles gave 15 of each of these items. Since I did not already own these items, I had no way of knowing what the limit would be set at. In fact, the thought never even crossed my mind that the limit would be set lower than the max purchase amount. But sure enough, after I made the purchase, I saw that the limit for my account was 13 for each of these items. I have the Summoner’s Sigil so I’m guessing the actual limit is 10 for non-sigil accounts.

I checked my overflow, and there are 2 team revives and 2 team health potions sitting there. On top of that, they have only a 14-day expiration. Even the AW health potions we can buy with Glory have a 30-day expiration in the overflow.

This is particularly concerning because these offers were made right around the start of a 3-week offseason period. A time during which many alliances and individuals do not use items. You must know this Kabam. So you effectively sold 2 -5 extra items knowing they would need to be used during the offseason.
    There was absolutely no disclosure.

I’ve waited a couple of days thinking that this would be corrected by having the limit for these items increased to at least 15. Frankly I don’t understand how items purchased with actual money (not units) are allowed to have any expiration at all. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Apple’s in-app purchase rules can comment.

In any case, I respectfully request that the base item limit for any items purchased from these offers be increased to at least the maximum amount that could be purchased. That would be 15 for non-sigil accounts. Sigil accounts should have the extra 25% limit on top of this.

I am posting this in the forum rather than submitting a ticket, because this is an issue that affects others who purchased the offers and should not be handled on a case-by-case basis. This should be rectified for everyone who made the purchase.

If you go to items, it tells you the limit - You know there are limits on the inventory, even if you couldn't see them initially, after buying the first pack, you chose to continue buying. Plus, you just stated that the ones brought in the glory store have a 30 day expiration timer - which means you were fully aware of the limits being imposed, maybe not of the 14 days but you were still aware that you are limited.

It sucks, but its likely a case of use them or lose them. Some people have suggested going to apple to request a refund, kabam actually disabled this about 9 months ago, as people would purchase items, request a refund, and keep the items in game.

You could try contact support, but I don't think they'll be able to help as I've seen people post on it previously.
    Appreciate the comments. I’m not saying that I couldn’t/shouldn’t have known there were limits. I made the purchases quickly and honestly wasn’t paying close attention. So I get that’s it’s easy to simply say it’s my fault.

This kind of turned into the perfect storm though. If we were in AW season, I probably wouldn’t have posted anything because I would have used the items within 2 weeks. But we’re on an extended off season, and I don’t want to nor should I have to use these items. And then I notice that these items I purchased with actual money expire in 14 days while similar items I’ve purchased with Glory in the past expired in 30 days. So then I’m starting to get annoyed. I make my original post and a couple of things jump out at me. Allegedly, a different game was fined for allowing purchased items to expire. May or may not be true, but that caught my attention. So I start Googling and I find the link to the App Store Review Guidelines (the same link another poster posted). Those guidelines specifically say currency purchased in-game cannot expire. I know currency is just a term that describes something that is used to make an exchange for something else. So now it’s become a bigger question. Why should anything we buy in this game have a short and arbitrary expiration? Why is it that only units and crystals have no expiration? Any argument someone makes for those items not expiring can be used for any other items purchased in the game. Again, real money purchases, not free to play purchases or items earned from rewards.

Maybe I’m the only one bothered by this. That’s fine. I’ve written a letter to Apple, and we’ll see where it goes.

If no one had ever made a stink about drop rates, we’d still be in the dark on that issue as well.
  • Options
    Odachi said:

I bought some eggs and the shop had the audacity to put a label on saying when they expire! I paid my own money for those eggs, how very dare they!

I didn't take my entitely self back to the shop to speak to someone about it though. I went to the park and started screaming at other people instead for, purely for attention.

An absolutely brilliant analogy. Not. That’s a straw man argument. Eggs vs. digital currency. Smh.