**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we get July side quest details to avoid a situation like June side quest

Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
pretty much what i said above...to avoid huge backlash and if needed a change in rewards can be implemented properly

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

@will-o-wisp Kabam Miike even admitted he accidentally dropped June late. Chill out and let people post/request what they want.

I agree with OP and want July side quest to drop as early as possible, like this week, not next. Cav difficulty side quest is a huge deal and I'm very surprised that they weren't announced for July in the Quest Roadmap yesterday. That, sadly, leads me to believe they will be disappointing.

They are almost undoubtedly decided and coded as Apple requires updates at least 3 weeks before they go live. The next side quest is less than 1 week away. The earlier the discussion and feedback the better.

You also gotta understand that they usually have timeliness they gotta meet and can't always give info earlier than planned. Plus the cav side quests are also going to be a way for them to get feedback for when the actually difficulty is released.
    I don't disagree with you, I just think this is a special case that they should go out of their way to make sure it is posted sooner than later.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    I agree. Hopefully @Kabam Miike can post it maybe tomorrow or the day after that
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I think they will post by Friday. Tomorrow the alliance big announcement is coming.

Maybe they do both that would be cool too. Kabam mike did mention he dropped the ball last month cuz it was later than usual, they could be late again with all this stuff they now have on their plate.
  • Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★

What you're asking them is to post early so we can double check their work. Lol.

What i am asking them is to post early so a civilized discussion can be had over the rewards / structure of quest and if needed , mind you if needed, changes can be implemented in time.. rather than player base going ballistic and fighting on forums ...
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

@will-o-wisp Kabam Miike even admitted he accidentally dropped June late. Chill out and let people post/request what they want.

I agree with OP and want July side quest to drop as early as possible, like this week, not next. Cav difficulty side quest is a huge deal and I'm very surprised that they weren't announced for July in the Quest Roadmap yesterday. That, sadly, leads me to believe they will be disappointing.

They are almost undoubtedly decided and coded as Apple requires updates at least 3 weeks before they go live. The next side quest is less than 1 week away. The earlier the discussion and feedback the better.

I’m pretty sure Will-O-Wisp is physically incapable of chilling when someone does anything that is even close to breaking forum rules or is traditionally done in a certain way.

In all fairness though, it must be a bit annoying at times being a guardian.

Bawa69 said:

What you're asking them is to post early so we can double check their work. Lol.

What i am asking them is to post early so a civilized discussion can be had over the rewards / structure of quest and if needed , mind you if needed, changes can be implemented in time.. rather than player base going ballistic and fighting on forums ...
    Them changing the rewards as often as they have recently has set a bad precedent. I can see posts like this going forward. You want the info early to complain about the rewards in hopes they'll increase them. Honestly, there will be a 5 week boss rush, 1st step into Cav difficulty and an EQ. That's a lot and a lot of rewards. How about you give them a break this month and just let it be.
    Well if they weren’t so stingy and got it right the first time in all those instances, it would have saved everyone a lot of time and energy.
    Well this just in, Roadmap for tomorrow delayed due to bad feedback. Also doesn’t bode well for Cav Side Quest Rewards. Brace yourselves people.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    They don't need to post anything early, the whole purpose of the cavalier side quests for the next couple months is actually for getting feedback for the real deal! Asking for early information on content designed to gather information is pretty moronic.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Well usually we get told the general story of the month. Maybe not exact rewards but it would be nice to know if we’re getting rifts, labs, or another side event
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    edited June 2020

I love how some people feel so entitled that they make demands of a free video game.

Can you please care to explain me how is this game "free"? We invest hundreds not if thousands of hours on this game and you expect us to our time to go to vain? We even pay sometimes in this game. I am pretty sure I have spent more than 60 dollars in this game which is equal than the cost of a AAA game.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Just relax and see what comes.. it is basically extra rewards on top of monthly eq so anything is better than nothing.

People will moan whatever
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I think the concern from the community is that so far we have seen promising communication on positive changes to the game structure.

But with AW rewards/structure and now the delay clearly there is something that is off. I’m worried the issue is “economy” related. That the “economy” is still being pinched to tight and over analyzed.

For me I know the rewards are my biggest gripe. When I don’t feel like there are many 5* I care about pulling and 1/10 6* I open(really 1/20 with T5CC resources scarcity) be worth my time then I don’t understand why I’m playing anymore.

I’m not a high Plat tier AW player by choice. Bounce between map 6 alliance to retirement alliance in 3 month increments. So I’m not even the top tier of rosters. Still have about 15-20 r5 5*. At this point I have more max ranked 5* than 4* which I ranked when they were the meta. I don’t care about 5* for the most part anymore and don’t get 6* I care about either.

The loot drops have been too stagnant for too long resulting in a stalemate. You may get 1 6* every 6 months you would rank because either they Typically aren’t good enough for the materials or I would rank there 5* first because I would never r3 their 6* based off either overall value or sig scaling.

Unfortunately this game at its core is a loot based game. It’s a rpg style looter. If it isn’t for you great but that is the game design because you chase loot to make yourself stronger so you can chase more loot. But when the loot you pull feels that 95% of the time it doesn’t add value to you then well what’s point.

This has to be fixed along with cool new content. It’s why every announcement is hit with backlash on rewards. The rewards don’t match where the player base wants to be from a progression standpoint(it’s not even close). We feel like we are running on a hampster wheel that is not going anywhere most of the time. And eventually you just want to get off the wheel no matter how much you like playing or how much you’ve invested into the game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    AouxWoux said:

I love how some people feel so entitled that they make demands of a free video game.

Can you please care to explain me how is this game "free"? We invest hundreds not if thousands of hours on this game and you expect us to our time to go to vain? We even pay sometimes in this game. I am pretty sure I have spent more than 60 dollars in this game which is equal than the cost of a AAA game.
    Go walk around a retail store for hundreds of hours, use their products and services for free and then ask them how much your valued time increased their revenue for that time frame.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Bawa69 said:

Them changing the rewards as often as they have recently has set a bad precedent. I can see posts like this going forward. You want the info early to complain about the rewards in hopes they'll increase them. Honestly, there will be a 5 week boss rush, 1st step into Cav difficulty and an EQ. That's a lot and a lot of rewards. How about you give them a break this month and just let it be.
    Well if they weren’t so stingy and got it right the first time in all those instances, it would have saved everyone a lot of time and energy.
    "Stingy". That's a complex topic and DNA kind of went over why Kabam only gave the minimum. I don't really know all the details, but here's along the lines of what DNA said.

Kabam only gives the bare minimum because by giving more than the minimum, it means that more rewards have to be given after that, in an exponential increase. I say exponentially because if Kabam gives players 10,000 5* shards, the players aren't going to be satisfied with 10,100 5* shards next month. They would have to give 11,000 5* shards. This amount would keep increasing since the player base demands more. That's not really the problem, though. The problem would be that since rewards are increasing exponentially, the content we face would need to be harder and harder, basically rushing development, and getting trash content like Book 2 Act 1. An increase in rewards means Kabam would have to increase the difficulty of content soon.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Well, I’ve wasted another 5 minutes on a stupid thread...