**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

iOS 9.3.4 No Longer Supported

K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
Hi Kabam,

Is iOS 9.3.4 no longer being supported for the game. I noticed in the update notes that it now says iOS 10.0 is required. What would be the repercussions of playing the game on an older version? I noticed that the game still loads after the update. Would I still be able to do older content like story mode and variants that were added prior to the update? How about arena?

And for those who are going to say it, yes I have a newer device I just also use this one sometimes when the other is charging and I don't want to be tied down.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    You would still be able to play for a couple of days (maybe like 2 or 3, before it becomes a mandatory update).
    You wouldn't get access to some stuff, like arenas and new Event quests
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,626 Guardian
    K00shMaan said:

I noticed in the update notes that it now says iOS 10.0 is required. I noticed that the game still loads after the update...

Game Update was made available, but unless you’ve actually installed the new update you are still running the prior game version.

Does Apple even let you do the Update ? (probably not).
    And agree with last reply, you will still be able to run prior version for maybe up to a week (at most), but it would only be the content that was already in the game then (AQ/AW/Arena)...

You will not be able to run any of the new monthly quests, or anything else that is new to this update (including stuff related to new champs being introduced).
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    Android version user.

Looks like my playing days are over too.
    Can't see the update at all on Play Store.

If I download an apk (without God-mode modifications), will it be safe to use?
    @winterthur , Could you REALLY play anyways, back on that 4.4.2 Android version, meaning the device itself must be way too slow by now.

And in general, by the time they technically end support for certain versions, the devices are probably too old and already causing you too much lagging, etc, to realistically play anyways (except for logging in, upgrading champs, opening crystals, etc.).

@winterthur , Could you REALLY play anyways, back on that 4.4.2 Android version, meaning the device itself must be way too slow by now.

And in general, by the time they technically end support for certain versions, the devices are probably too old and already causing you too much lagging, etc, to realistically play anyways (except for logging in, upgrading champs, opening crystals, etc.).

No issues on playing.
    I just completed Act 5.1 100% over 2 days yesterday. :D

Interface was very good.
    I supposed all good things comes to an end.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    This is really a shady move by Kabam. They should have told people ahead of time that they will be doing this, not drop the bomb at the last minute.

http://kabam.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Unsupported-Devices
    SparkAlot said:

This is really a shady move by Kabam. They should have told people ahead of time that they will be doing this, not drop the bomb at the last minute.

They did told them, via an ingame message apparently.
    Some people in my alliance got that a couple of times over the last months.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Hmm, I never got a message, and I have a now, unsupported device, which was basically used for times I was busy with my main device.

SparkAlot said:

Interesting. Do they spend a lot?
    You still at least have a short window of time, before the “Requirement to run latest version” kicks in sometime later this week, in order to make sure your game account is linked to a Kabam ID with an email/password that you can remember (before your device will no longer even let you open the game).

At least then, you will still be able to login to your game account from a new device later on once you eventually do get a new device.

SparkAlot said:

Interesting. Do they spend a lot?
    Yes and no.
    I got the same problem last year, when the game ended support for 4.2.2 or below. In the last month, I got the ingame message 3 or 4 times, reminding me about end of support

You still at least have a short window of time, before the “Requirement to run latest version” kicks in sometime later this week, in order to make sure your game account is linked to a Kabam ID with an email/password that you can remember (before your device will no longer even let you open the game).

At least then, you will still be able to login to your game account from a new device later on once you eventually do get a new device.

Thanks for this.

Now, what should I do with the remaining coins ? :wink:
  • DERADERA Posts: 14
    edited June 2020

Android version user.

Looks like my playing days are over too.
    Can't see the update at all on Play Store.

If I download an apk (without God-mode modifications), will it be safe to use?

I can download but u cant install it. Because the apk required android 6.0
    Very dissapointed with this update. They skip lollipop. From kitkat to marshmallow