**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hulkbuster-Buff -Defender in Variant 4

2Β»

Comments

• LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 β˜…β˜…
    Rabanga said:

I appreciate the Hulkbuster-Buff a lot...but he is now giving shock debuffs as a defender. in variant 4 3.2 there is a hulkbuster on biohazard...there are no counters for that combination of nodes and champ and he is always healing after reaching under 20% health. i need help here...and i dont think that this is the intended way

EDIT: He's also stunimmun...so parrying his healing off? no Option.

Where can I get the one star version, I heard the synergies stay consistent no matter the rarity.
    Rabanga said:

Rabanga said:

I appreciate the Hulkbuster-Buff a lot...but he is now giving shock debuffs as a defender. in variant 4 3.2 there is a hulkbuster on biohazard...there are no counters for that combination of nodes and champ and he is always healing after reaching under 20% health. i need help here...and i dont think that this is the intended way

is he available as 1* champ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Sorry, no. Only 5/6* rarities are available so BUY NOW!

:D:D:D
    Stonks!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    TyEdge said:

Additional tip - I can never remember if it’s pacify or petrify, but whichever one reduces abilities during stuns. That would help get him down easier. Not easy. Easier.

It's a STUN IMMUNE hulkbuster. Open your eyes people! πŸ€¦πŸΎβ€β™‚οΈ
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited July 2020

Frosty said:

Might need to respec your masteries. He applies shock when struck by crits. Remove precision so you crit less often or revive through the fight

so to put it simply..cash through shall be the only way?...naah kabam never did that ;).

I knew this will be a problem in varient I never expected it will be variant 4 last chapter damn that's so bad

yeah i'm a little bit frustrated here...last path in this Chapter ... didnt expect to be a pain like this..i hope kabam will investigate this further and come up with a solution.
    You realize there are ways to get units, especially the minimal amount required for a mastery change, without cash right?
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 738 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Vision can heal block if power drain reaches 0 to stop the heal and idk about the shock damage
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 β˜…β˜…

cmon guys ...just 1* are allowed

I guess they are saying a 1* ghost is needed? πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
  • Moss_the_BossMoss_the_Boss Posts: 37 β˜…

Frosty said:

Might need to respec your masteries. He applies shock when struck by crits. Remove precision so you crit less often or revive through the fight

so to put it simply..cash through shall be the only way?...naah kabam never did that ;).

I knew this will be a problem in varient I never expected it will be variant 4 last chapter damn that's so bad

yeah i'm a little bit frustrated here...last path in this Chapter ... didnt expect to be a pain like this..i hope kabam will investigate this further and come up with a solution.
    You realize there are ways to get units, especially the minimal amount required for a mastery change, without cash right?
    ...i know that...but it should not depend on masterys anyways...and its nothing i wanna do to be honest
    1.2k views ...and Still no admin here to tell us whats gonna happen with this issue
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

1.2k views ...and Still no admin here to tell us whats gonna happen with this issue

What issue are you talking about? The champ got updated. It is going to take a couple of more revives to do it. Its annoying, but not a great issue. I mean colossus got updated and he is a boss on one of the variants. While it would be nice to change it, it will cause all sort of ruckus if they change it only in V4. Better to just leave it as it is.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Frosty said:

...i know that...but it should not depend on masterys anyways...and its nothing i wanna do to be honest
    Cool so don't finish V4. I promise it won't bother me one bit
  • CrackhorseCrackhorse Posts: 64 β˜…
    Pulyaman said:

What issue are you talking about? The champ got updated. It is going to take a couple of more revives to do it. Its annoying, but not a great issue. I mean colossus got updated and he is a boss on one of the variants. While it would be nice to change it, it will cause all sort of ruckus if they change it only in V4. Better to just leave it as it is.
    These clearly are not related. The issue is that in its current state it appears impossible to clear the champ without using revives.

Kabam often makes champs that are very difficult, or even impossible, without certain champs or amazing skill, but with the best possible champ and a perfect run being impossible to clear, it ruins the game.

If HB had been like this when the variant originally came out then I'm sure there would have been an outpour of anger and a quick revision. @Kabam Miike why is there not an answer to this topic?
    That being said - I found that the best way to fight this HB is to burn him down quickly with BP. You won't kill him but you can take enough life off of him to make him killable from one of your bleed immune champs.

In follow up fights, assuming you have WP, I recommend trying to keep the shocks consistently at 1 to mitigate the damage as much as possible.
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Maxing salve would help out quite a bit if you’re only using 1 stars
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Pulyaman said:

These clearly are not related. The issue is that in its current state it appears impossible to clear the champ without using revives.

Kabam often makes champs that are very difficult, or even impossible, without certain champs or amazing skill, but with the best possible champ and a perfect run being impossible to clear, it ruins the game.

If HB had been like this when the variant originally came out then I'm sure there would have been an outpour of anger and a quick revision. @Kabam Miike why is there not an answer to this topic?
    By that logic, the mordo fight should be nerfed because it is near impossible to clear without revive even with hulk. I am still not sure why people are not outraged by that fight.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Colossus is probably your best choice

1* Colossus doesn't have the buff.
    TyEdge said:

Additional tip - I can never remember if it’s pacify or petrify, but whichever one reduces abilities during stuns. That would help get him down easier. Not easy. Easier.

Not on stun immune.
    I don't think they will change the HB but they could take off the stun immune.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

By that logic, the mordo fight should be nerfed because it is near impossible to clear without revive even with hulk. I am still not sure why people are not outraged by that fight.
    That Mordo is a fairly straightforward fight. If you're having issues with him then you just have to practice more. It also wasn't made near impossible due to an unexpected consequence of a champ change.
    For anyone still working on this I did figure out a way to solo him - I used Hulk. Just kept hitting his block so that the shock never triggers.

It required an attack bonus buff and 20 minutes, so the rewards definitely weren't worth it and it should be updated for others who attempt. Good luck.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 β˜…β˜…
    I’m so glad I’m done with those variants. It sounds like a nightmare now.
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115 β˜…
    Any responce from the dev team he is almost unbeatable
    Rabanga said:

Where can I get the one star version, I heard the synergies stay consistent no matter the rarity.
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

There is a difference between needed skill to beat a content and throwing units at a content without an option.
    Stun immune and regenerate hulk buster is fine, but not the shock.
    There is no 1 star in the game that can avoid that damage. If there are 1 star corvus, electro, silver surfer or even nebula it would have been a fair fight. It would have been Down to intercepting and KO him fast once he drops to 15% HP
    still no answer from dev team huh?... guys i got tired πŸ˜‚ i Just wanna know if it was intended like this or nah...but this Silence is killing me here...i think im gonna push through however...πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ i will figure something Out and write down my outcome here.
  • Tseramed19Tseramed19 Posts: 35 β˜…
    FWIW, I was able to complete this today on my first try. I figured i would waste my energy and just do a trial run.

I was able to get thru HB with a 67% health Black Panther (which took HB down to ~25% health). Wolvy finished him off, and had 6 bleeds stacked, so that the self-repair wasn't noticeable. (I have 1 point in Despair.) It also helped that I used Wolvy's SP2 to finish the fight. (The bleeds increase the attack rating... for the attacker). i also have Willpower maxed out.

I used Vision for the rest of the path, and threw in a few Level 2 health potions (which I have dozens from Halls of Healing), except for Hulk for Mordo, and Wolvy for Moon Knight.

Frankly, HB was underwhelming. This was a very manageable path. From what I read in forums, it was supposed to be a nightmare. I figured using 5 revives at least. I hope this helps. That's the only reason why I'm responding.