**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Masteries Lock In

Can you please clarify when masteries are locked in for the Alliance War update.

I've heard both answers:

They lock in when you place your defenders.

They lock in once attack phase starts.

I've tried to search for an official answer but have yet to find one. Can a mod make an official statement on the subject ....

When do masteries lock in during Alliance War?

Comments

• MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    I have been playing for years now and still have yet to get an official answer to this question. It really is an important question and I'm still not sure why the community cannot get an official answer with 100% certainty.

I respec masteries practically daily for war placement and arena (no suicides/suicides) but I always wait until the last few hours before placement ends to remove suicides, place defenders, wait until attack phase starts, then respec again as I see fit. I don't place defenders and then respec because I do not know with 100% certainty if my masteries remain locked in once placed.

Please guys can you get the players a definitive answer on this topic?
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

Thank you
    ^
  • KyndrannaKyndranna Posts: 38
    They lock for defense
    They do not lock for offense(I've removed dexterity for fight a before)
    @Kyndranna
    Thanks but that is not reassuring enough. No offense but you are not a Mod, I want a 100% confirmation from a moderator. Yes I know masteries DO NOT lock during attack phase or in AQ, I rerun my masteries DURING every war depending on opponent placement and/or path.
    ^
    ^ Monday March 26th
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    they lock when you click 'join' to place your AW defenders
    Again thanks, but you are not a Mod and I need 100% confirmation. I have always been under the impression that they lock once you place defenders. But I have heard from a few high level players that your defender's masteries lock once attack phase starts. So no way to know for certain unless a Mod confirms.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Try to pm a mod
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    edited March 2018
    Kyndranna wrote: »
    They lock for defense
    They do not lock for offense(I've removed dexterity for fight a before)

This issue has been on the forum loads and there have been official comments. It is as above.

What some people used to do was place defence then change to suicide masteries for grinding arena and attack in aw. Defence would be unaffected but they could get more points in arena.

Brian grant did a video on your query when for aw (before seasons launched). Worth watching if unsure how it works.

PS i am lvl 60 + done all of act 5. (So not a newbie at this).
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    Again thanks, but you are not a Mod and I need 100% confirmation. I have always been under the impression that they lock once you place defenders. But I have heard from a few high level players that your defender's masteries lock once attack phase starts. So no way to know for certain unless a Mod confirms.

Dude, you got your answer. No mod is gonna re-confirm the answer once other players have given it. Put the issue to rest and move on.
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    It works we have tested this many times with the opposing teams in aw!
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    I would not waste units if it did not work!