**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What uses does Dr. Voodoo have?

Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
Got him from a featured 5* and I've heard he's good any pro voodoo players got some pointers?

Comments

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    He does need his dupe. As well higher the sig the better but sig1 is just fine. His uses are very wide. Has regen at the start if every fight. Lots of Dot. As well pretty good power control. He can also shutdown havok and a lot of other nodes.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    First off, he needs the dupe to be good.

With the sig, he can either have double ability accuracy and close to double buff duration (depending on sig), or half the enemies ability accuracy and double debuff duration (depending on sig)

He can nullify any number of buffs with L1 to do some nice poison damage, he has a great power control that boosts his damage but doesn’t count towards safeguard type nodes (since it’s power burn bonus damage) off of the L2, has solid regen at the start of the fight, and really is a great all arounder that won’t see many bad matchups (which generally come in the form of DoT effects, since he has no immunities).

I haven’t confirmed this, but he should be able to always parry BW and Domino since his base AA with his sig ability is 200%.

Halving the AA makes dealing with evasion and autoblock much less problematic, not to mention you can get extended combos off of your now 3 second parry (depending on masteries)

There is more that I’m probably forgetting, but he is a banger of a champ...when he is duped. Definitely worth a mystic gem if you have one tho.
  • Options
    Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Wow he sounds really interesting thanks for y'alls help!
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    great sustain
    nullify
    poison
    damage from power burn
    multiple types of power control
    he's a great swiss army knife and the sig provides consistency and some cool utility
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    He is one of my favorite characters in the game to play, I think he might come back into the Meta with less poison immune coming out but besides for that he is a bit outdated
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    He’s,great in Incursions. Awakened.
  • Options
    LibralonixLibralonix Posts: 229
    Hes a great champ, got to disagree with some of the above that say he needs the dupe to be good, it just makes him even better. Having regen on the start if fights makes him great for questing, the ability to turn enemy buffs into poisons with l1 special is great, and also being able to power drain comes in handy too. I had mine at rank 4 before I was lucky enough to dupe him, so a solid addition to any team.
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    To excel he does need his sig, because most of his ability probabilities are only 50% chance to proc
    Meaning his power control becomes rng based, and might not proc when you want it to
    Hell, people say if you’re gonna use sig skill for cap IW, you need him almost at max level to rely on it safely
    Same goes to doctor voodoo as well

At least doctor voodoo doesn’t have to have high sig level, bit he does need to be awakened