**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why Warlock is considered by many as best tech champion? (after ghost)

MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
edited July 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So i recently pulled a 5* Warlock.. Watched few gameplay, but i somehow believe his damge is underwhelming (watched few of his gameplay). But the amount of love he is getting, is confusing. Is he famous and loved because of his Utilities (power control and heal block) but the point is many other champion can also do the same along with high damage. When i pulled him i was thinking of taking him straight to R5 but now I think it's better to take Magik, Colossus or if we are considering same class than Starky to R5.
but at the same time the majority of community and youtubers cant be wrong.. what am i missing??

Comments

• Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    He is a utility monster. If you are looking for damage dealers, you should rank up a different champion. IMO, a well-rounded roster should also include utility champs with the damage dealers.

If you add up the fact that he is an XL Tech champion (which makes him perfect for Variants 2 & 3 as well), you have your answer.
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    I think it has to do with his infections. Since they're not technically heal blocks, they can still stop healing on nodes with heal block immunity. Warlock users, correct me if I'm wrong, I only have a 4 star so I'm not sure about this.
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    Edit:
    My roaster includes Corvus CapIW (both R5, Awakened), Colossus, OR, Magik, Starky, Blade (all r4 awakened except blade) and Rulk, Doc ock and Venom (all three r1, 6*). These are champion i mostly use. would it make sense to r5 Warlock..? Based on utility thing
  • Crumb3307Crumb3307 Posts: 339 ★★
    Maybe OR first, but otherwise I’d take warlock over all the other options. Don’t sleep on his heavy damage + bleed and his sp2, in addition to his utility. R5 warlock can pretty much solo all of V3.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,360 ★★★★★
    His heal block is not a debuff and doesn't rely on landing a special which gives it a lot more use.
    Direct counter to Sinister and Havoc plus immunites to cold/bleed/poison.

Super versatile but damage is lacking. He's an important member of my 5.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Again stopped rated it with always danmged it getting weird everything it not always danmged no ghost can’t do the same yes she Hav hige danmged but she Hav a hard time to kil one buffs node witout bost.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★

Edit:
    My roaster includes Corvus CapIW (both R5, Awakened), Colossus, OR, Magik, Starky, Blade (all r4 awakened except blade) and Rulk, Doc ock and Venom (all three r1, 6*). These are champion i mostly use. would it make sense to r5 Warlock..? Based on utility thing

yes, for sure. From this roster my picks (per class) would be Colossus, Warlock, Red Hulk. Venom is amazing but you have Corvus, so he can wait a bit.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Watch this video by KT1.
    https://youtu.be/of-uTK3eock
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Warlock is really good. His damage is good enough after sp2 or with heavy spam. You can fit him on almost all act 6
  • MadEyeMoody_333MadEyeMoody_333 Posts: 192 ★★
    edited July 2020
    Great.. some really great points, i should R5 him.. Thanks everyone..
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    If he is running suicides, a 5/65 Warlock can solo Havok in Abyss of Legends. That's over 2.6 Million damage dealt before the timer/hit counter runs out.

In war, I've never taken him into a matchup where he timed out (with 3 minute timers). He may not have the best damage output in the game, but he's a VERY far cry from the worst.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I don't understand why this has been coming up so much lately. Sure, damage isn't the reason you rank him up, but his damage is still better than 80% of champions between the big damage Sp2, the armor breaks, and the heavy bleeds. Plus he's suicide friendly which means that his damage can be boosted a ton. Add that to his endless utility, why wouldn't he be considered one of the best. 6th best champ in the game behind Quake, Ghost, Ægon, Nick and Omega imo.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I don't understand why this has been coming up so much lately. Sure, damage isn't the reason you rank him up, but his damage is still better than 80% of champions between the big damage Sp2, the armor breaks, and the heavy bleeds. Plus he's suicide friendly which means that his damage can be boosted a ton. Add that to his endless utility, why wouldn't he be considered one of the best. 6th best champ in the game behind Quake, Ghost, Ægon, Nick and Omega imo.

*Doctor Doom, Claire, corvus and CMM are crying in the corner...*