**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Barely Have any 5* but Really Want New Featured. Is it Worth It?

This is most of my 4-5* roster (plus a few hidden 4*s) and I am currently at the beginning of Act 5. I have progressed very quickly by only focusing on ranking up my very best champs (i just got capIW that's why he isn't ranked up) and because of that my roster is not deep at all but I have been able to tackle content with relative ease. I just got to the level where I am able to get 5* shards and have two 5* champions. I am really looking towards the future and wanting to get a 5* that I can focus on and become my new best champ (looking at the featured crystal hopefully capIW if i choose the featured). My thought process is that it is better to try for a great 5* to be my best champ for the foreseeable future rather than multiple alright ones since my 4*s are good enough champs to rank up and use, is that dumb? I know feature crystals are normally a horrible decision for newer players because 15k shards is ridiculous, but this new crystal is STACKED and I will be able to get up to that # of shards soon. My biggest problem is that I would lose the SMALL chance at getting corvus or doom or cmm or some of the other incredible champs, but I would also drastically reduce my chance at getting a certified scrub. Anyone have an opinion on my thought process and decision? Thanks in advance.

Barely Have any 5* but Really Want New Featured. Is it Worth It? 39 votes

Get the 5* featured crystal it is worth the extra shards to get a usable champ
41%
Jim0172Ab_SamadSceptilemaniaclIPowerIlCiciliatoKevanproGDylanphileWakanda4Ever278UmbertoDelRioFiiNCHDoctor_Strange19Lucifer18104dlaiGr8TonyStarkGuruYosentwtmauri 16 votes
Get the regular 5* crystal. Save shards and build a 5* roster with a chance at a crazy pull
58%
GroundedWisdomzuffyjdrum663PenumbrousbubbaXzoneStingerbkpseudosaneUnidentifiedCreatureAnthinhoDjinEtjamaYcatsSarvanga1_Thicco_ModeErosenseiogBonzodavidPřìņče01OmedennFlashSpideyBlack_Swan 23 votes

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Get the regular 5* crystal. Save shards and build a 5* roster with a chance at a crazy pull
    especially at your level, any five star will be helpful and the extra 5k isn't worth it. sure, the featured is pretty good, but so is the basic pool
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    The odds of this featured are good. Give it a try. Strong 5 stars early allow you to just rank up 4 stars for V4, saving important resources
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    New features 5star has very good champs . But if you are low on shards go for normal one. I would recommend featured crystal for atleast once as it include great champs
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    This is the first time I have ever advised the feature for newer players. There’s only three real duds in there Cyclops, Ultron and Yondu and Ultron at least has immunities and regen.

There’s 10 or so ‘god tier’ in that crystal and 5 or 6 that I would put at a level slightly below that. I’d say you’ve got a 50% chance of true joy and a 85% chance of happiness which is considerably better than the basic
  • GuruYosenGuruYosen Posts: 87
    I got star Lord, terrax and winter soldier duped
  • Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
    Dang both sides make good points and I keep on going back and forth haha. I hate the thought of paying 5k shards extra and giving up the chance of many crazy beyond god tier champs, but I also hate the thought of getting a scrub 5* i'm never going to use even on my beginner roster. Thank you all for your input every new one I read it convinces me back and forth haha
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Just get the sigil
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I would suggest focusing on the Basic to build a Roster first.
    GagoH said:

Just get the sigil

I haven’t spent any money on the game, but thanks for the suggestion

I am still torn but I am leaning towards that after this poll, just really needing someone good enough to get me to uncollected. Thanks for your input
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Rap027 said:

I am still torn but I am leaning towards that after this poll, just really needing someone good enough to get me to uncollected. Thanks for your input
    This is the first time it’s not really a mistake to go either way tbh. You can get shafted both ways, win big both ways. Probably better odds of a good champ in the feature right now but with a smaller account there’s still a lot to be said for volume to diversify your squad
    Mauled said:

Rap027 said:

This is the first time it’s not really a mistake to go either way tbh. You can get shafted both ways, win big both ways. Probably better odds of a good champ in the feature right now but with a smaller account there’s still a lot to be said for volume to diversify your squad

That's a really good way of putting it, I really feel like both are good options for me right now. I am going to go with a basic 5* crystal first and possibly a featured after that. Thank you all, wish me luck haha
    I ended up going with the basic 5* to expand my roster and I got Red Hulk. I don't know much about him but I think he isn't trash and isn't amazing. I was ALARMINGLY close to rolling over one more and getting Falcon haha. I still really like the feature and will strongly consider it again next time
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Rap027 said:

I ended up going with the basic 5* to expand my roster and I got Red Hulk. I don't know much about him but I think he isn't trash and isn't amazing. I was ALARMINGLY close to rolling over one more and getting Falcon haha. I still really like the feature and will strongly consider it again next time

Red hulk Is actually beastly and will help you alot in act 5, he will smoke most mystics champs you meet, solid pull TBH